List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Thoughts on Dru's return......(spoilers could be present!?)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Thoughts on Dru's return......(spoilers could be present!?)

Started by SharringSucks at 2007/04/15 06:40AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/18 12:46PM, Views: 957, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2007/04/15 09:47AM
    Re: Thoughts on Dru's return......(spoilers could be present!?)
    emnick

I highley doubt that, because, Sharon is busy with enough men. Neil and Sharon as a couple is not something I want to see right now. She needs to wrap up her mess with Brad (for good) marry Jack, watch out for David who will probably try and break them up (since in his eyes she is not right for Jack), then handle her feelings for Nick(I don't see any, but some do). This just does not sound like a woman who needs any more men in her life right now.

#2   2007/04/15 12:02PM
    nyaccent

Quote SharringSucks: After hearing VR's comments regarding her departure from Y&R, I feel that TPTB will more than likely recast the role...that said...what do you see Dru finding upon her return?

I see Sharring and Neil turning to each other...and Dru walking in on them. So much for BFF!!!!

They said they weren't going to recast the role...not at this time anyway....

#3   2007/04/15 12:31PM
    nrps

If they do not recast the role, they probably want see if Victoria changes her mind and wants to come back. In that case they will find her somewhere and all this time she was gone she was hit in the head by a rock going over the falls and has had amnesia.

#4   2007/04/15 03:43PM
    misssan

As a black viewer I do not see Victoria Rowell returning in the role of Drucilla. Of all the Black roles cast Dru was the closest in the actual portrayal of a real Black woman in any soap. I knew some time ago that blacks in Genoa City's time was limited, when I counted nine Black actors on the soap at one time. Come on Y&R head honchos, did you really have to get rid of Dru? And believe me, there is no substitution for Ms. Rowell.

#5   2007/04/15 03:47PM
    SouthernLady

i would like to see dru recast...in about 3-6 months to give the viewers time ....

except for luke/laura/victor...i really don't see that any actor/actress can't be replaced....

jack is a perfect example..never thought a nice mealymouth doctor from amc could become the devious jack..but i was proven wrong...

#6   2007/04/15 03:50PM
    engtcr

Quote misssan: As a black viewer I do not see Victoria Rowell returning in the role of Drucilla. Of all the Black roles cast Dru was the closest in the actual portrayal of a real Black woman in any soap. I knew some time ago that blacks in Genoa City's time was limited, when I counted nine Black actors on the soap at one time. Come on Y&R head honchos, did you really have to get rid of Dru? And believe me, there is no substitution for Ms. Rowell.

From what I've read, VR wanted to leave the show, they didn't get rid of her. It would be great if they brought back Olivia and Malcolm and, possibly, Olivia's son. In my opinion, it would be very difficult to put someone else in this role. Victoria Rowell brought a unique perspective to this character and I think it would be difficult for the viewers to accept anyone else.JMO!

#7   2007/04/15 05:10PM
    nrps

Dru left on her own to persue other ventures. They didn't get rid of her.

#8   2007/04/15 05:18PM
    ILuvNY

Quote nrps: Dru left on her own to persue other ventures. They didn't get rid of her.

It's really interesting, however, that they left room for her return. The fact that they didn't find a body seems to point to that as a viable possibility.

#9   2007/04/15 05:25PM
    nrps

Human nature, people think they want to leave but when they are gone for a while maybe they hope Victoria will want to come back so they are leaving it open for her. I am glad, I love her and always have since she started on the show many moons ago.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list