List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: SPOILER: Lauren & the Baldwins

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SPOILER: Lauren & the Baldwins

Started by Soulsistah at 2007/04/10 06:34PM
    Latest post: 2007/04/12 06:05PM, Views: 1935, Replies: 57
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:
    #51   2007/04/11 10:56AM
    Re: SPOILER: Lauren & the Baldwins
    KeepingItReal

Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote KeepingItReal: Soaps are good because there is a balance between good and evil.

It's not one sided otherwise a lot of people would not be watching.

That's my view on this as well.

While we all know it's a fictional story dealing with fictional characters, I just hate the fact that, of late, all the "criminals" seem to be running amok in GC. I'm not talking about doing "bad" because, yes, every character has done "bad" things on the show - makes for interesting story telling. But what I despise even more than the criminals continually getting away with their crimes (too much of that in real life,IMO, hence the appeal in reel life to me is seeing justice done because it CAN be with the strokes of a keyboard), is the trend to have previously "decent" (relatively speaking, of course) characters like Lauren now becoming complicit with the criminals.

We have enough lying, scheming, criminal-minded characters on the show already who, yes, spice up the show! But why can't we maintain some semblence of balance between decent characters and "bad" ones? Lauren is/was one of the few remaining decent characters over the years...and I just hope they don't play this "Lauren gonna bring Jack down too" s/l for long!

Thank you!! Trust me if it was all bad and no good.......we would not be watching.

#52   2007/04/11 10:57AM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Tadembay:
    Quote Perriswann:
    Quote Soulsistah: Yes, I remember when she would taunt Tracy and rub her nose in it when she was with Danny...but now, she's okay with criminal activity when a few months ago she had Fenmore prematurely because she was so upset and outraged at Michael for doing it?! What gives?? That was quite the radical flip in personality, dont' ya think?

Oh thoses where the days, she use to have Tracy crying all the time.

Big flip! Michael's secrets and scheming is what made Lauren go into premature labor. What happened to her asking Michael to stay out of trouble for her and the baby? She was also ticked off at Gloria to for covering for his lies. Now she's all for it now??

ITA with you. How quick Lauren forgets her goody goody shoes.

#53   2007/04/11 01:37PM
    engtcr

I'm disappointed...Lauren is one of the few characters in GC who seemed to have a sense of right and wrong. I really wish they wouldn't take her character in this direction

#54   2007/04/11 04:24PM
    analisa

Quote Tadembay:
    Quote Perriswann:
    Quote Soulsistah: Yes, I remember when she would taunt Tracy and rub her nose in it when she was with Danny...but now, she's okay with criminal activity when a few months ago she had Fenmore prematurely because she was so upset and outraged at Michael for doing it?! What gives?? That was quite the radical flip in personality, dont' ya think?

Maybe it's her way of getting to know the real deal about clear springs. After all she is looking to expand her business. If Jack goes down for any reasons her money will be at stake
    Oh thoses where the days, she use to have Tracy crying all the time.

Big flip! Michael's secrets and scheming is what made Lauren go into premature labor. What happened to her asking Michael to stay out of trouble for her and the baby? She was also ticked off at Gloria to for covering for his lies. Now she's all for it now??

#55   2007/04/11 10:57PM
    lmfan

Quote Dallas Cowgirl:
    Quote scoobychick123:
    Quote Dallas Cowgirl:
    Quote suegerry: I find nothing funny about a disfunctional family that commits crime for their own benefits....I've always thought, although I know nothing of Lauren on another show, that she would fit right in with the Baldwin/Fisher.

Crime to me is not funny especially when the culprits are not caught....I hope she(Lauren)and Michael go to jail along with the "Glo Bug" and the little ganster Kevin for this.

No money is owed to this evil woman John so stupidly married. Jack should not be loosing his family's business over her. Once she's found out about what she did with the cream I'm certain Jill & Catherine will look at this witch we a different outlook and Jack could get what is lawfully is.

As for Kevin, here is another one who never paid for his crimes....this is what I don't like about this show at time.

I completely agree. First, the posters said, I know they are bad, but I just wuv dem. Cute.

But then, the next thing is they start to rationalize crime. Oh, I know it's wrong but what about Lauren's business and Kev Kev is sooo cute and...

Please. Not only is this family immoral and amoral, they are now dragging Lauren down with them. There is nothing cute about burning to death, about sending a feeble old man to prison to die by lying to him on a daily basis, or about ruining his business by tampering with products.

I enjoy watching the drama, but these people are not cute and somehow idolizing them I find offensive.

That's my 2 cents. You can post as you like, but just please try to keep in mind that psychopaths are not cute to everyone.

I like the Baldwin/Fisher clan. Colleen didn't burn to death (as I am sure you know ) she was rescued. Look her and Kevin are even friends now. Yes the cream was a little overboard but it passed. It was not their fault that John went to jail. He had confessed. I believe(if I remember correctly) that Michael defended John for that. Being that he confessed there wasn't really anything that could be done. Also let's not forget what happened while John was in jail. Let's not forget how old Jackie boy tricked him into signing everything (for his will) over to him so Gloria got nothing. Talk about being down low. I mean that was his father whom he loved. Also how he coerced Victor into signing over Newman to him while in the hospital with his seizures. He actually thought of him as a friend and he did that. Now if that is not deserving of something then I don't know what is. IMO Jack needs to be brought down and I am totally for the Baldwin/Fisher clan!

You just proved my whole point. Kevin? He's a damned psychopath. Just because he failed in killing her, you think he's changed? .................... Now, if Colleen is stupid enough to be his friend? Well, shame on her the next time she needs a rescue.

Even I don't care what Jack did to that lying little tramp who got his father put in prison to die. She............people think she is "cute" or something.

All these people are flawed. Idolizing criminals is a terrible example for your kids, if nothing else.

Edited for a poster bashing remark and for inappropriate language. Please re-read the guidelines.

Seriously, who is idolizing the Baldwin/Fishers. That is a bit extreme. I am a law abiding citizen, teacher, and good role model. I have never been in trouble with the law and get along with most people, and I love the Baldwin/Fishers. I love the actors that play the main parts. Likey is my favorite couple, and they are my favorite family. I was getting bored with the show and quit for 6 mos. I started watching in the summer of 2004 and Likey and the Fishers hooked me back into the show. Now would I ever live my life like them? No, but they entertain me. There is nothing wrong with that.

All the families have done something illegal. Jack has done so much illegal business manipulation in the past I have lost count. Last summer, he manipulated two sick men to his advantage, one being his father. For goodness sakes, every six month for decades he managed Jabot into near bankruptcy and this was way before Glo came on the scene. Just a few months ago he again nearly bankrupted the company by breaking the Jabot/NVP tie in to cover his fraud. Yes, the Baldwin/Fishers are hacking but Jack is no innocent here either. That's what makes it kind of fun and it will probably end in a stale mate anyway. Jack will get dirt on Gloria and Victor, Michael will get dirt on Jack and all will be in balance until the next fued. I don't want anyone caught because then we would lose some terrific actors. You may not like the Baldwin/Fishers but many do. I don't like Jack, but I know many do and so would hate to see Jack go to jail or be written off. If everyone was punished for their crimes you would have very few characters on the show.

By the way TEB and CLB have wanted Lauren and Mikey to be a bit more edgy as a couple for quite awhile. They love playing a couple but thought Likey had become too nice. I hated they were backburned for a large part of 2006 so if it takes letting them become more dark to give them a storyline I am all for it. They won't turn too bad. Michael has always walked a fine line between good and bad and so had Lauren when she was young. They are still mostly good but do have a bad side. Lauren is not going all bad. She doesn't want to spy on everyone just the person she sees as hurting her family and Mikey and her in laws are her family.

#56   2007/04/12 06:05PM
    golden retri...

Quote Tadembay:
    Quote jackspaniel: If no body did anything wrong on a soap opera - who would watch? It would be one boring soap!!

I agree! The writers like driving the viewers banana's! Face it, although we are sometimes fit to be tied with some of these characters... we come here to see what others are thinking while at the same time driving each other banana's with our opinions. Then, we watch the very next day because we're addicted. The writers know exactly what they're doing. Don't you just love it! You guys are so much fun! It's like being in a book club. We watch the show and then discuss it..

addicted you say'' when i couldn't get the board today a thew a miniee fit''

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list