List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I finally emailed...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: I finally emailed...

Started by Fanfor20years at 2010/08/22 09:46AM
    Latest post: 2011/04/11 07:58AM, Views: 29020, Replies: 211
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2010/08/22 09:46AM
    I finally emailed...
    Fanfor20years

Ok I got called out by Lisa (Admin) back a few weeks or so ago because I stated in a thread how certain people get on here and bait the hell out of other posters, she said "You have never sent any emails regarding this matter, so it must not bother you that much". So, one day I took 5 minutes out of my busy life to sit down and copy and paste comments that were disturbing to me and has been an ongoing problem for me since I became a member of this site. I copied and pasted the problems I was talking about.....I emailed them to her....This is what she said...."Thank you for emailing me with your concern, we have talked to this poster, you are not the only person to have complained about this problem." Now what I found disturbing about this response is this....First of all if I am not the only person to have complained about this problem, why does this poster not fit into the 3 warnings or 2 warnings and then youre out like the rest of the members? I learned a lot about this site from my email to the admin. They claim to not have any "special people" on here, but that is exactly what they have on here. Now, its just stupid in my opinion. But I thought that the members needed this info. I know of people who got banned for their first time offense and this person has been complained about more than once and is still around...Why is that? Id love admin response!

#2   2010/08/22 10:50AM
    Re: I finally emailed...
    VermontFan

Quote Fanfor20years: Ok I got called out by Lisa (Admin) back a few weeks or so ago because I stated in a thread how certain people get on here and bait the hell out of other posters, she said "You have never sent any emails regarding this matter, so it must not bother you that much". So, one day I took 5 minutes out of my busy life to sit down and copy and paste comments that were disturbing to me and has been an ongoing problem for me since I became a member of this site. I copied and pasted the problems I was talking about.....I emailed them to her....This is what she said...."Thank you for emailing me with your concern, we have talked to this poster, you are not the only person to have complained about this problem." Now what I found disturbing about this response is this....First of all if I am not the only person to have complained about this problem, why does this poster not fit into the 3 warnings or 2 warnings and then youre out like the rest of the members? I learned a lot about this site from my email to the admin. They claim to not have any "special people" on here, but that is exactly what they have on here. Now, its just stupid in my opinion. But I thought that the members needed this info. I know of people who got banned for their first time offense and this person has been complained about more than once and is still around...Why is that? Id love admin response!

Hi fan, I did the same thing and basically got the same response. I have been keeping track of 2 posters and I plan to write to soap she knows.com with my concerns. We all know who your talking about. I know of other posters that have the same feelings about this favoritism and have written in also.

#3   2010/08/22 11:11AM
    luvbuzz

Quote VermontFan:
    Quote Fanfor20years: Ok I got called out by Lisa (Admin) back a few weeks or so ago because I stated in a thread how certain people get on here and bait the hell out of other posters, she said "You have never sent any emails regarding this matter, so it must not bother you that much". So, one day I took 5 minutes out of my busy life to sit down and copy and paste comments that were disturbing to me and has been an ongoing problem for me since I became a member of this site. I copied and pasted the problems I was talking about.....I emailed them to her....This is what she said...."Thank you for emailing me with your concern, we have talked to this poster, you are not the only person to have complained about this problem." Now what I found disturbing about this response is this....First of all if I am not the only person to have complained about this problem, why does this poster not fit into the 3 warnings or 2 warnings and then youre out like the rest of the members? I learned a lot about this site from my email to the admin. They claim to not have any "special people" on here, but that is exactly what they have on here. Now, its just stupid in my opinion. But I thought that the members needed this info. I know of people who got banned for their first time offense and this person has been complained about more than once and is still around...Why is that? Id love admin response!

Hi fan, I did the same thing and basically got the same response. I have been keeping track of 2 posters and I plan to write to soap she knows.com with my concerns. We all know who your talking about. I know of other posters that have the same feelings about this favoritism and have written in also.

Hi Vermy! saw your name on the first page so I popped in to say hi.

#4   2010/08/22 11:17AM
    VermontFan

Quote luvbuzz:
    Quote VermontFan:

Hi Vermy! saw your name on the first page so I popped in to say hi.

Hi Buzz, It's so nice to see you! How are you doing today?

#5   2010/08/22 11:18AM
    Team newman+...

Fan please email me

#6   2010/08/22 11:20AM
    Leel

This is just speculation, but it could be that this person is a show insider, put here to be a cheer leader for Y&R despite the stinky s/l's, I do believe they're on here for that purpose, also to give positive feedback for a character that is unpopular among the majority of posters. I've seen baiting threads and it's very obvious what they're trying to do. I don't have the patience to read their posts for long before backing out of the thread. It's curious though why they don't take action on the offenders. The banned people being able to come in under a different username doesn't help matters.

#7   2010/08/22 11:24AM
    sallysoaps

Ooh do tell!I'll bet it's the one that is always saying JM said this and his wife likes Phick.And MS says this and Sc says she wants Shadam and MM says this and Shadam will be a super couple and the one that talks about only old women liking Shick and young women like Phick.Am I close?Please tell us.

#8   2010/08/22 11:26AM
    awebdancer

Quote Leel:

This is just speculation, but it could be that this person is a show insider, put here to be a cheer leader for Y&R despite the stinky s/l's, I do believe they're on here for that purpose, also to give positive feedback for a character that is unpopular among the majority of posters. I've seen baiting threads and it's very obvious what they're trying to do. I don't have the patience to read their posts for long before backing out of the thread. It's curious though why they don't take action on the offenders. The banned people being able to come in under a different username doesn't help matters.

The banned person using different usernames was banned - keeps coming back but this person is easy to spot. I too, think there are some posters that may be writer's assistants, or writers or someone involved with the soap to do what leel said. To put a positive or negative spin on characters according to the story line. When I see baiting threads - I leave. So simple!

#9   2010/08/22 11:27AM
    crjb1

This is why I have my email shown. I hope that if any poster has a problem with me they can email me directly and we could talk about it. I wish it was mandatory to have an email displayed but I do understand there would be privacy concerns to make that not feasible.

#10   2010/08/22 11:32AM
    cybergidget

The "insider" conspiracy theory does not fly with me.
    The mods really try and keep things under control, although there have been inconsistencies in the enforcement of board rules. There are always going to be flamers who's sole purpose in life is to start something. They thrive off the drama. If it offends you, move on. If it is truly reprehensible, report it. I doubt there are enough resources to assign people to start bait threads. It just happens.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list