List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Soaps In Depth Magazine

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Soaps In Depth Magazine

Started by sywebb at 2007/04/07 07:18PM
    Latest post: 2007/04/12 03:08PM, Views: 2258, Replies: 48
    « 1 2 3 4 5 page:
    #41   2007/04/11 12:05PM
    Re: Soaps In Depth Magazine
    acura222002

Quote glowery: Myself I don't see a conflict in VR writing unless she is writing for her own character, then I could see the conflict. But I can also see the producers side, if they let VR write, there may be other actors on the show who are aspiring writers and would feel snubbed if they were not allowed to do the same. You can't do for one what you won't do for another and have a happy set.

As far as her the part about her not getting the emmy nod, well she is not the only actor on the show that does a great job. So if she is upset about that, well tht does tend to sound a bit like sour grapes.

If Vr is happier off the show, then good for her!!

As far as her not getting the emmy nod, you can't sit here and tell me that she didn't have one of the major storylines last year. When it was revealed about Lily in March '06 until Feb '07 her portrayal was on point!! She should've gotten an emmy nod. There is no whay you can dispute that!! We all know that it took Susan Lucci 20 yrs. to finally win, but she was nominated almost every year. VR couldn't even get a nomination. The she carried Dru, her one liners and remarks when Dru/Neil would have their conflicts. Come on now!!! She also stated that they industry does not hire minority anything. Writers, producers, casting directors, makeup artisits, anything. I believe this is somethins she wanted to help change but I think it just fell on deaf ears.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/11 12:12PM
    #42   2007/04/11 05:39PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote acura222002:
    Quote glowery: Myself I don't see a conflict in VR writing unless she is writing for her own character, then I could see the conflict. But I can also see the producers side, if they let VR write, there may be other actors on the show who are aspiring writers and would feel snubbed if they were not allowed to do the same. You can't do for one what you won't do for another and have a happy set.

As far as her the part about her not getting the emmy nod, well she is not the only actor on the show that does a great job. So if she is upset about that, well tht does tend to sound a bit like sour grapes.

As far as her not getting the emmy nod, you can't sit here and tell me that she didn't have one of the major storylines last year. When it was revealed about Lily in March '06 until Feb '07 her portrayal was on point!! She should've gotten an emmy nod. There is no whay you can dispute that!! We all know that it took Susan Lucci 20 yrs. to finally win, but she was nominated almost every year. VR couldn't even get a nomination. The she carried Dru, her one liners and remarks when Dru/Neil would have their conflicts. Come on now!!! She also stated that they industry does not hire minority anything. Writers, producers, casting directors, makeup artisits, anything. I believe this is somethins she wanted to help change but I think it just fell on deaf ears.

Great post, thanks for your insights!

#43   2007/04/11 06:17PM
    Soulsistah

Quote acura222002:

100% on point! I mean for further evidence that these pre-noms can appear to be nothing more than a popularity contest rather than based soley on talent, no disrepect, but Ashley and Kay didn't have anything close to major front-burner s/ls last year to showcase their acting abilities, yet they got the emmy pre-nom? Furthermore, Neil, Lily and Devon all got pre-noms, so basically the entire Winters family got pre-noms, but not Dru who CARRIED the Winters' family s/l the entire year didn't? Come on it's staring ya in the face

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/11 06:18PM
    #44   2007/04/11 06:26PM
    golden retri...

Quote alaw: Since W. Bell died the story lines are starting to suck

then ''why'' are so maney of us hanging in there ''like little per*** blanks

#45   2007/04/11 06:29PM
    Soulsistah

Habit...but all habits can be broken with enough incentive

#46   2007/04/11 07:59PM
    Soulsistah

Not sure why you mention race in response to my post, I never mentioned race, nor intimated it. If you're assuming I was, you are incorrect. What I was referring to is clearly not evident to you, as you state and that's fine. I don't see the point in trying to clarify, so I won't. Moving on now

#47   2007/04/12 03:08PM
    Chrissi

Race has nothing to do with this so let's not even go there.

« 1 2 3 4 5 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list