List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Soaps In Depth Magazine

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Soaps In Depth Magazine

Started by sywebb at 2007/04/07 07:18PM
    Latest post: 2007/04/12 03:08PM, Views: 2304, Replies: 48
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #31   2007/04/10 06:22PM
    Re: Soaps In Depth Magazine
    Soulsistah

Yes, but when did the "Dru goes crazy and head off to the pysch ward" s/l develop - that's when her character went totally off the tracks! Her getting riled up with Carmen fits the Dru character, IMO, but when they started writing Dru as really going cuckoo - that's the part I'm trying to place - this year or last year?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/04/10 07:18PM
    #32   2007/04/10 06:35PM
    pdames4

Quote Soulsistah: Yes, but when did the "Dru goes crazy and head of to the pysch ward" s/l develop - that's when her character went totally off the tracks! Her getting getting riled up with Carmen fits the Dru character, IMO, but when they started writing Dru as really going cuckoo - that's the part I'm trying to place - this year or last year?

I believe it was either at the very end of the year or the beginning of the New Year. It was after David came to town. However, she was acting really kinda strange in my opinion before Carmen died. I think she became more confident and was beginning to get a handle on her issues when she began seeing the therapist. but she was a little loopy before and after the clothes incident. Things got better and then Devon became ill. I agree with you when Devon needed the surgery and she was caught on tape that was just Classic Dru. She was really tired of Carmen by then. Carmen always walked around as if she was better than Dru, so Dru just straigthened things out imo.

#33   2007/04/10 06:50PM
    alaw

Since W. Bell died the story lines are starting to suck

#34   2007/04/10 07:25PM
    Soulsistah

Quote daddysboy: That had to be this year. I believe Carmen was murdered in the fall and her cousin didn't show up until late December maybe and that is when Dru thought she was seeing Carmen.

Okay because I'm just speculating here, but, I think TPTB derailed Dru's character into this unwound nut near the end of last year/beginning of this year for sure and I'm just wondering if that's because at that point, she had asked to be let out of her contract...not stating malicious intent, just wondering why they wrote her character so crazed in the last few months when, IMO, that was just too over the top even for Dru. Will probably never know, but I do think she deserved a pre-nom for best actress as her work for all of last year was stellar, IMO.

#35   2007/04/10 11:55PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote daddysboy: That had to be this year. I believe Carmen was murdered in the fall and her cousin didn't show up until late December maybe and that is when Dru thought she was seeing Carmen.

Okay because I'm just speculating here, but, I think TPTB derailed Dru's character into this unwound nut near the end of last year/beginning of this year for sure and I'm just wondering if that's because at that point, she had asked to be let out of her contract...not stating malicious intent, just wondering why they wrote her character so crazed in the last few months when, IMO, that was just too over the top even for Dru. Will probably never know, but I do think she deserved a pre-nom for best actress as her work for all of last year was stellar, IMO.

Thank you for your post, you said everything perfectly how I've felt. It's ironic the timing of it all, then again, it's not. I don't care if VR asked to be let out of her contract--there were circumstances other than a book tour that led to that decision. IMO

#36   2007/04/11 02:25AM
    CandyLane5

I dont think putting Dru into the mental hospital meant any disrespect to her. She did an excellent job during that storyline...I cried when she was in there...

I think the writers were going to let her be in there, in case she wanted to return to the show, and then when they got so much negative feedback from viewers they went the way of the fall off the cliff, with no body found, so she can come back.. They could have just killed her off completely.. but they didnt...

#37   2007/04/11 07:37AM
    glowery

Myself I don't see a conflict in VR writing unless she is writing for her own character, then I could see the conflict. But I can also see the producers side, if they let VR write, there may be other actors on the show who are aspiring writers and would feel snubbed if they were not allowed to do the same. You can't do for one what you won't do for another and have a happy set.

As far as her the part about her not getting the emmy nod, well she is not the only actor on the show that does a great job. So if she is upset about that, well tht does tend to sound a bit like sour grapes.

If Vr is happier off the show, then good for her!!

#38   2007/04/11 10:16AM
    valencia4love

Quote pdames4:
    Quote nyaccent: She was upset that she wasn't nominated for a daytime emmy award.... is what I heard.

I've done a lot of research on this. There are a lot of rumors and it is almost impossible to discern fact from rumor. So I think it probably was a potpourri of stuff. I also went to her website. here are some of the reasons given. As I just said fact or fiction you decide.

-Upset about Davetta Sherwood firing

-Upset that unable to write for show. It has been done before-Francessa James(Ithink that's heer name) Vicky on OLTL- Daisy on AMC)
    Ellen Wheeler-Marly on Another World Cindy on AMC-now Executive Producer of Guiding Light. She's written for all the soaps.

For me , here is where it gets tricky..I don't know if these actresses were also acting on any soap at the time they were writng and producing. If Victoria wanted to continue in the role of Dru and write then I understand how that could be a problem. Howeever, if these other actresses were doing this, then maybe there isn't a conflict. I don't know.

-Upset that Y&R dropped the ball with her and Phyllis' screentime together. She thought they had really good chemistry, but according to Victoria-another actor complained and did not want them onscreen together. I've been trying to figure out who has that much clout. I could be wrong...I'm thinking Melanie because her husband is either producer or director. Don't quote me though.

-Upset about not being nominated. On her website www.victoriarowell.com -the fans wrote to the show. The show said they placed her name in but she did not receive enough votes from her peers,the writing staff, producers and directors.

-Really wants to concentrate on writng and working behind the camera. There you have it.

The last rumor is the one I heard... She said that she gave the writers of YR her ideas for possible storylines and they rejected them... Dont now how true that is, but that is the rumor that i heard.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list