List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Soaps In Depth Magazine

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Soaps In Depth Magazine

Started by sywebb at 2007/04/07 07:18PM
    Latest post: 2007/04/12 03:08PM, Views: 2326, Replies: 48
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2007/04/07 07:18PM
    Soaps In Depth Magazine
    sywebb

Did anyone read the lastest issue of Soaps In Depth? I won't to know why Victoria Rowell is really leaving. If anyone read it -- post it on the message board.

#2   2007/04/07 07:19PM
    Re: Soaps In Depth Magazine
    nyaccent

It says she is leaving on this board in the NEWS ROOM....

#3   2007/04/07 07:30PM
    Latricia

All I can tell u is Victoria Rowell says she was dissatisified with the direction of her character and storyline.And the producers of Y&R dont know if the actress received an outside offer to work with another. Hopes that helps u out.

#4   2007/04/07 08:04PM
    sywebb

Quote nyaccent: It says she is leaving on this board in the NEWS ROOM....

I know she leaving but I heard on TV that SID has the complete reason why. So I thought someone may have read it.

#5   2007/04/07 08:09PM
    sywebb

Quote Latricia: All I can tell u is Victoria Rowell says she was dissatisified with the direction of her character and storyline.And the producers of Y&R dont know if the actress received an outside offer to work with another. Hopes that helps u out.

Thanks for the info.

#6   2007/04/07 08:11PM
    Latricia

Quote sywebb:
    Quote Latricia: All I can tell u is Victoria Rowell says she was dissatisified with the direction of her character and storyline.And the producers of Y&R dont know if the actress received an outside offer to work with another. Hopes that helps u out.

Thanks for the info.

Your welcome! If I find more I will let u know.

#7   2007/04/07 09:22PM
    nyaccent

She was upset that she wasn't nominated for a daytime emmy award.... is what I heard.

#8   2007/04/07 11:55PM
    gommie

I read that she left in order to promote her book-her book signing schedule is posted in the Chit Chat thread-some of you fans might live in one of the towns where she is appearing-check it out---Her first signing is next Wednesday.......

#9   2007/04/08 05:01AM
    CandyLane5

I read also that she wanted to write for Y&R and they thought it would be a conflict of interest... so she left.... and also to do a book tour.

#10   2007/04/08 10:19AM
    pdames4

Quote nyaccent: She was upset that she wasn't nominated for a daytime emmy award.... is what I heard.

I've done a lot of research on this. There are a lot of rumors and it is almost impossible to discern fact from rumor. So I think it probably was a potpourri of stuff. I also went to her website. here are some of the reasons given. As I just said fact or fiction you decide.

-Upset about Davetta Sherwood firing

-Upset that unable to write for show. It has been done before-Francessa James(Ithink that's heer name) Vicky on OLTL- Daisy on AMC)
    Ellen Wheeler-Marly on Another World Cindy on AMC-now Executive Producer of Guiding Light. She's written for all the soaps.

For me , here is where it gets tricky..I don't know if these actresses were also acting on any soap at the time they were writng and producing. If Victoria wanted to continue in the role of Dru and write then I understand how that could be a problem. Howeever, if these other actresses were doing this, then maybe there isn't a conflict. I don't know.

-Upset that Y&R dropped the ball with her and Phyllis' screentime together. She thought they had really good chemistry, but according to Victoria-another actor complained and did not want them onscreen together. I've been trying to figure out who has that much clout. I could be wrong...I'm thinking Melanie because her husband is either producer or director. Don't quote me though.

-Upset about not being nominated. On her website www.victoriarowell.com -the fans wrote to the show. The show said they placed her name in but she did not receive enough votes from her peers,the writing staff, producers and directors.

-Really wants to concentrate on writng and working behind the camera. There you have it.

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list