List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Question: Summer Newman's Paternity

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Question: Summer Newman's Paternity

Started by - Lauran at 2010/06/19 07:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/17 01:19PM, Views: 5175, Replies: 29
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2010/06/19 07:02PM
    Question: Summer Newman's Paternity
    - Lauran

Dear all,
    I've read threads in different posts claiming that Nick is not the father of Summer. This is not a spoiler, but a question: Is Nick the father or is Jack the father?

I don't recall how this storyline went. I could imagine that Nick may have forgotten the results of the paternity test, after he had his memory loss (in the plane crash -- another unresolved storyline). I remember that Jack helped deliver Summer in an elevator, of all places, but why do most of the posters think that Jack is the father?

#2   2010/06/19 07:10PM
    Re: Question: Summer Newman's Paternity
    Jadeygrl101

I wasn't watching at the time, but I'm pretty sure by everyone else's story on it, that Phyllis had sex with Nick and Jack around the same time, and she wasn't sure who the father was. Nick apparently took off with the test results and was the only person to see them. He came back and told everyone he was the father. I'm not sure if he lied because he had already lost Sharon over the affair or if he told the truth. Guess we'll find out eventually. Hopefully sooner than later.

#3   2010/06/19 07:14PM
    picchick

A lot of us truly believe that Summer is Jack's for this reason. When Phydo was preggers she was having a conversation with Michael and it sort of went like this:

M: Do you want it to be Nick's?

P: I shouldn't, it is wrong of me to want that.

M: But do you?

P: *Sob sob* Yes... I want it to be Nick's so bad.

M: Then it will be. It will be Nick's.

#4   2010/06/19 07:15PM
    HOT PINK

No one but Nick knows Summer's paternity, and I believe he is her father. I don't think Nick would have stayed with Phyllis if he had learned Summer wasn't his (especially since he can't seem to stay away from Sharon these days). If Summer weren't Nick's, I think he would have used that knowledge to "dump" Phyllis once and for all while he was having his affair with Sharon.

#5   2010/06/19 07:16PM
    evemarie

Quote - Lauran: Dear all,
    I've read threads in different posts claiming that Nick is not the father of Summer. This is not a spoiler, but a question: Is Nick the father or is Jack the father?

I don't recall how this storyline went. I could imagine that Nick may have forgotten the results of the paternity test, after he had his memory loss (in the plane crash -- another unresolved storyline). I remember that Jack helped deliver Summer in an elevator, of all places, but why do most of the posters think that Jack is the father?

Nick is the father of Summer. To this day, the writers never stated otherwise.

#6   2010/06/20 11:17AM
    Crimson1

Nick is the father of Summer. To this day, the writers never stated otherwise. [/quote]

But...they can always change their minds mid-story.

#7   2010/06/20 11:29AM
    Raspberry170

The paternity was written with doubt, left open ended. To be visited at a later time. My thoughts are that Summer is Jack's daughter.

#8   2010/06/20 11:48AM
    Danika

Quote Raspberry170: The paternity was written with doubt, left open ended. To be visited at a later time. My thoughts are that Summer is Jack's daughter.

I am thinking this will come out the way too. Summer will end up being Jack's someday!

#9   2010/06/20 11:54AM
    Oreo123

And Reed's father is an Alien too!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/06/20 11:55AM
    #10   2010/06/20 11:57AM
    Raspberry170

Quote Danika:
    Quote Raspberry170: The paternity was written with doubt, left open ended. To be visited at a later time. My thoughts are that Summer is Jack's daughter.

I am thinking this will come out the way too. Summer will end up being Jack's someday!

That's how I see it playing out as well, otherwise the writers would have closed the door on it a long time ago.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list