List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is Summer Jacks child?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is Summer Jacks child?

Started by Mamaw Jo at 2010/06/15 09:55PM
    Latest post: 2010/06/17 05:32AM, Views: 1991, Replies: 57
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2010/06/16 09:35AM
    Re: Is Summer Jacks child?
    Raspberry170

Quote Gencor:
    Quote JK817:
    Quote Gencor:
    Quote Benay:
    Quote Gencor: i can assure you that Summer is Nick's child. I don't know about Faith, however. Now, that is not to say that there may not be a child sometime down the road.

I thought Nick was the only one that saw the DNA test. He was really into Phyllis then and maybe he said they both wanted to hear. Faith?

Summer is Nick's child and as I said the coin toss is up on Faith.
    And why is it a slam dunk that Summer is Nick's child but "the coin toss is up on Faith??" If I recall correctly in both instances regarding Summer and Faith's paternity reveal only one person saw the results. Only Nick saw the DNA results on Summer and only Sharon saw the DNA results on Faith. Sooooooooooo, I guess my question is - if "you can assure us" that Summer is Nick's child based on the scene we saw then Nick also has to be Faith's father as well.

I mean really, both paternity storylines played out the same way with almost identical scenes with only one person seeing the results. So, if Nick is Summer's father based soley on Nick alone seeing the results then Nick is also Faith's father based on the fact only Sharon saw the results. You can't have two of the same scenes and yet there's only "proof" that Nick is Summer's father.

Perhaps this is where the double standard comes into play when it comes to Phick vs Shick; it's ok in Summer's case that only Nick saw the results but there's no doubt Summer is Nick's daughter but when it comes to Faith it's a coin toss. Whatever.

When Sharon was looking at those results she wasn't exactly in her right mind. In fact, she has just come off sleeping all over town, stealing and loosing time. She was obcessed with Nick and using men to fantasize about him. There is a good question there about that paternity. Nick, on the other hand, would not take another man's child away from him. He may be many things, but I don't think that he is a baby stealer. He would never take another man's child from him, no matter what he felt for the mother. If Sharon is capable of lying to Nick that he is not the father, then she is sure capable of lying to Nick that he is the father. Summer is Nick's child and there is no doubt about it. You can put that puppy to rest for good and for all, now that is not to say that somewhere down the road another child won't be Jack's.

Sharon was in her right mind, thanking God and Cassie for Nick being the father. Which is why she lied and said that Jack was the father. The paternity states that Nick is the father of Faith, as well as the maternity test, that was stated on the show that Faith was Nick and Sharon's daughter. No one can speaks to what Nick would have done. Summer's paternity was written with doubt for a reason, that hasn't been addressed by the writers yet.

#32   2010/06/16 11:30AM
    Benay

With these writers, Jack could be on his death bed before anyone tells him he has a daughter.

#33   2010/06/16 11:31AM
    By The Lake

Quote Mamaw Jo: have not heard anything bout this n a while do you think she is? & if so wonder when we will find out

SHE is definately Jack's daughter.. Nick had the results and then lost his memory..absolutely..it will all come out soon..

#34   2010/06/16 11:48AM
    shadamrules

Quote By The Lake:
    Quote Mamaw Jo: have not heard anything bout this n a while do you think she is? & if so wonder when we will find out

SHE is definately Jack's daughter.. Nick had the results and then lost his memory..absolutely..it will all come out soon..

Sorry but you are watching the wrong show

Nick saw the results, told EVERYONE he could that the baby (they did not know that the baby was a girl) was his and that was during Phyllis's 4th month of justation. The airplane went down when Summer was about 4 months old, 9 whole months after Nick proclaimed to Phyllis, his family, wife and friends that the baby Phyllis was carrying was his. it's in the can!

#35   2010/06/16 11:56AM
    lovinthesoaps

This thread gets me every time. Why cannot both these children be Nick's? Thats what has been playing out on my screen. Who would benefit from the DNA change now? The kids? Nick? Jack? Either woman? It just makes no sense and the fact is is that until TIIC bring either test into the light, why worry about it? There are so many more interesting things actually playing out.

#36   2010/06/16 12:16PM
    dawn888

Quote Caprica:
    Quote Gencor:
    Quote Sinny: Jm did not say Summer was Jack's.. he said if he was a betting man then summer would be jacks.. but we all know gambling is very foolish

You are so right, Sinny. JM loves to throw the dogs a bone doesn't he?

Phick fans would love it if Noah's paternity is changed but that isn't happening. If they want a storyline full of drama and give Nick and Phyllis a storyline, the paternity of Summer is the one to do. Can you even imagine the shock and horror Phyllis would feel if Nick lied?? This would not shock me in the least, Nick lies all the time, he does it so well too. Finally Phyllis and Sharon could see the true Character of Nick newman and I for one would LOVE IT.
    JM has been very up front in the past about his fear that Summer's paternity would be changed. The fact that he and NB (both HUGE phick fans are pretty much joking about it) tells me all I need to know.

If the writers want maximum impact and story, they would change Noah's paternity. He is standard bearer (only male heir to carry the Newman name) into the next generation. Changing Noah would be HUGE!!

#37   2010/06/16 12:16PM
    Soapnexis

Yes, Summer is Jack's daughter. Soap rule #1, the man who delivers the baby in an elevator and doesn;t think he is the daddy will find out some time down the road that HE is the Daddy!!!

#38   2010/06/16 12:33PM
    clicquot1

Quote JK817:
    Quote Gencor:
    Quote Benay:
    Quote Gencor: i can assure you that Summer is Nick's child. I don't know about Faith, however. Now, that is not to say that there may not be a child sometime down the road.

I thought Nick was the only one that saw the DNA test. He was really into Phyllis then and maybe he said they both wanted to hear. Faith?

Summer is Nick's child and as I said the coin toss is up on Faith.
    And why is it a slam dunk that Summer is Nick's child but "the coin toss is up on Faith??" If I recall correctly in both instances regarding Summer and Faith's paternity reveal only one person saw the results. Only Nick saw the DNA results on Summer and only Sharon saw the DNA results on Faith. Sooooooooooo, I guess my question is - if "you can assure us" that Summer is Nick's child based on the scene we saw then Nick also has to be Faith's father as well.

I mean really, both paternity storylines played out the same way with almost identical scenes with only one person seeing the results. So, if Nick is Summer's father based soley on Nick alone seeing the results then Nick is also Faith's father based on the fact only Sharon saw the results. You can't have two of the same scenes and yet there's only "proof" that Nick is Summer's father.

Perhaps this is where the double standard comes into play when it comes to Phick vs Shick; it's ok in Summer's case that only Nick saw the results but there's no doubt Summer is Nick's daughter but when it comes to Faith it's a coin toss. Whatever.

LOL!

#39   2010/06/16 12:37PM
    barkingdog

Quote Soapnexis: Yes, Summer is Jack's daughter. Soap rule #1, the man who delivers the baby in an elevator and doesn;t think he is the daddy will find out some time down the road that HE is the Daddy!!!

SO TRUE!!!! SO TRUE!!!! Everyone I know that watches the Y&R says the same thing.

#40   2010/06/16 12:38PM
    clicquot1

Quote soapgran: Don't know how anyone can be 100% positive on either child, it's entirely up to the writers. This new story with Jill's paternity is a prime example of how they can rewrite one's history at any time they chose, so for now Summer and Faith are Nick's. Next month or year they could turn out to be the mail man's, the stable boy or who the heck know's ????

TRUE that! LOL!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list