List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Billy & Victoria (No bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Billy & Victoria (No bash)

Started by Keeley at 2010/05/29 01:31AM
    Latest post: 2014/08/29 04:37PM, Views: 2218652, Replies: 45653
    « 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 » »| page:
    #44231   2014/07/05 05:51PM
    Re: Billy & Victoria (No bash)
    Kelly777

Well, I'm just going to say it and let the chips fall where they may. The casting department did a horrible job recasting this character. Look at how long it took them to cast Miller in the first place and he is the one that ran with the role. He just doesn't fit Billy Abbott's persona. He's not ever going to. I'm not saying he is a bad actor either. He isn't. He was great on Army Wives. That suited him to a tee. This apparently isn't his role. I don't understand if there was an audition why this guy was ever given the role. I never will either. Billy Abbott was meant to be fun loving and a loveable cad. He is neither and that isn't the actor's fault either. They are writing him so out of character and worlds apart from what he had become in 2010. It didn't start with JFP either but nevertheless it is annoying as he11.

I just think they need to get Miller back if he hasn't already signed with General Hospital or earnestly try and find a recast for the character that fits Billy Abbott. I know now that it was intentional that JFP omitted the clause about out's in Miller's contract so that he would stay away and that decision has cost her dearly in viewers, etc.

I'm starting to wonder if Villy will ever be again. I rather doubt it. I think they brought in this guy so they could move him on with Gina/Phyllis more smoothly but I don't even think that will work.

I think JFP is the one that needs to go.

#44232   2014/07/05 06:00PM
    villyforever55

In all fairness, when is Billy supposed to be fun loving. This is not the fault of the actor, who, in my opinion is doing just fine, given what he has to work with.

I miss Billy Miller, too. He definitely left his mark on this role, but I don't believe he will ever be back. Villy must continue, there is too much of their story left to tell and BuJ is the only game in town. I've just accepted that fact and feel much better than I did when Billy left. Sorry to say I don't miss DT at all, and was ready to accept BuJ as Billy.

#44233   2014/07/05 06:08PM
    greengrass

Were not going to get Miller back because he said in his interview he had to many iron's in the fire to settle down right now.

I think Burgess is doing a good job it's the writers,they have the writing for Billy all over the place.One day they have him saying something and the next day it's like he forgot what he said the day before.There should be more consistency in the writing,I don't find this just for Billy either I find it's happening for a lot of the character's.

As for Gina/Phyllis she chemistry tested with Peter Bergman and Josh Morrow.

Villy will survive this mess.It's just another chapter in their love story.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/05 06:10PM
    #44234   2014/07/05 06:51PM
    Deana4Villy

Quote greengrass: Were not going to get Miller back because he said in his interview he had to many iron's in the fire to settle down right now.

I think Burgess is doing a good job it's the writers,they have the writing for Billy all over the place.One day they have him saying something and the next day it's like he forgot what he said the day before.There should be more consistency in the writing,I don't find this just for Billy either I find it's happening for a lot of the character's.

What interview did he say that in? I've read something similar, but it wasn't a quote from BM. It was the quote of a Y&R source. The source, I thought sounded a lot like JM in the way things were worded. Particularly stating that if GH landed him it had to be a "sweet deal." JM uses "sweet" a lot in his expressions.

#44235   2014/07/05 07:12PM
    greengrass

Quote Deana4Villy:
    Quote greengrass: Were not going to get Miller back because he said in his interview he had to many iron's in the fire to settle down right now.

What interview did he say that in? I've read something similar, but it wasn't a quote from BM. It was the quote of a Y&R source. The source, I thought sounded a lot like JM in the way things were worded. Particularly stating that if GH landed him it had to be a "sweet deal." JM uses "sweet" a lot in his expressions.

It was in one of the Michael Fairman interview's I read it.They asked him about all the rumors that was floating around about GH & Y&R and he didn't confirm or deny them and he said that he had a lot of irons in the fire and he wasn't ready to settle down again just yet but you never know what the future holds.(But I still think if Y&R made him a good deal he would take it)All he wants is out's like everyone else on that show get's.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/05 07:14PM
    #44236   2014/07/05 07:19PM
    greengrass

There giving Eileen Davidson outs so she can still do DOOL,but yet they can't give Billy Miller out to do other projects.How fair is that.

#44237   2014/07/05 07:21PM
    Kelly777

Quote greengrass:
    Quote Deana4Villy:

It was in one of the Michael Fairman interview's I read it.They asked him about all the rumors that was floating around about GH & Y&R and he didn't confirm or deny them and he said that he had a lot of irons in the fire and he wasn't ready to settle down again just yet but you never know what the future holds.(But I still think if Y&R made him a good deal he would take it)All he wants is out's like everyone else on that show get's.

I didn't hear him say that but maybe he did. Couldn't prove it by me. He also said he wouldn't rule out a return to daytime.

#44238   2014/07/05 09:08PM
    Deana4Villy

Quote greengrass:
    Quote Deana4Villy:

Thank you, I'll have to look for it. I thought there was only the video on the red carpet.

#44239   2014/07/06 06:01AM
    greengrass

This is what JFP had to say about Billy Abbott casting.

Digest:::what can you say about the Billy change,and do you think going through two recasts since Billy Miller left the role will hinder story?

Phelps:::::What I can say is we were very fortunate to find Burgess Jenkins(to play the role)I absolutely believe that in very short order,the audience will know that Burgess Jenkins is Billy Abbott.There is always a period of transition and that is to be expected but he had eight shows to do in his first week,including a very steamy love scene,so he really hit the ground running.He's a terrific actor,He's a pro and he's not bad to look at.

Here are some comment's

Well DT hit the ground running with alot of story too and had a steamy love scene as well but it didn't make her keep him

I guess David Tom wasn't her Billy

She can say he is Billy Abbott all she wants but it's far from the truth,she just wants everyone to forget the charming/funny Billy Abbott we had and loved

Until we get Billy Miller back,there won't be a recast that totally works.No matter how hard JFP ties to shove them down our throats.

It looks and sounds like JFP is going out of her way to push another one of her favorites on us

#44240   2014/07/06 06:07AM
    greengrass

I watched the love scene between Billy and Chelsea.I'm sorry to say it but it wasn't as steamy as DT's Billy and Victoria or Stitch and Victoria.It really fell short for me.

For me no one can do a love scene like Billy M and Amelia

OT:I read on twitter,Apparently Billy Miller did not sign with General Hospital.

« 4419 4420 4421 4422 4423 4424 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list