List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Emmy Nominations are in!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Emmy Nominations are in!!

Started by Chrissi at 2007/03/14 08:21AM
    Latest post: 2007/04/19 02:17AM, Views: 2733, Replies: 21
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2007/03/14 08:21AM
    Emmy Nominations are in!!
    Chrissi

Here's the article,

http://www.soaps.com.../617/

#2   2007/03/14 09:23AM
    Re: Emmy Nominations are in!!
    Soulsistah

Congratulations to the Y&R actors who got nominated!

Here's my question though: neither actresses whose names were submitted for Best Supporting Actress - i.e. ED (Ashley) and TB (Lauren) were nominated. Are they any actresses you think should have been submitted in the pre-noms instead? I do. While I've always loved Eileen Davidson as Ashley, her character really didn't do much the past year in terms of s/l. I think either Victoria Rowell (Dru) or Sharon Case (Sharon) should have been pre-nommed instead. JMHO. Any thoughts on this?

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2007/03/14 10:36AM
    #3   2007/03/14 10:19AM
    nyaccent

Yes, congrats to all the nominees!

I think Eric Braedon should have been nominated for his Victor epilepsy storyline....as well as Victoria Rowell for Dru and Tracy Bregman as Laruen... They all did a fantastic job his year.......

#4   2007/03/14 10:40AM
    alex-sam

From what I have read, Victoria Rowell's name was deliberately excluded by TPTB. I don't know about Sharon Case. She's good also.

#5   2007/03/14 10:50AM
    Soulsistah

Quote nyaccent: Yes, congrats to all the nominees!

I think Eric Braedon should have been nominated for his Victor epilepsy storyline....as well as Victoria Rowell for Dru and Tracy Bregman as Laruen... They all did a fantastic job his year.......

Now that I think about it some more, I actually think either VR or TB should have been pre-nommined as "Best Lead Actress" - not supporting! Both of them had major, meaty s/ls during the past, much moreso than Jeanne Cooper (whom I do like). Strange.

#6   2007/03/14 12:01PM
    ScratchingPost

Quote nyaccent: Yes, congrats to all the nominees!

I agree 100%

#7   2007/03/14 12:05PM
    ScratchingPost

Now that I think about it. . . Judith Chapman (Gloria) was far superior than Katherine Chancellor, she should have been nominated. I don't think Katherine had much of a storyline. Sometimes when your old you get pitty votes

#8   2007/03/14 02:24PM
    jackspaniel

WOW! Great nominees - Michelle is excellent in her portral of the character Phyllis - she is a terrific actress. Peter/Jack is a great actor, Michael is excellent - Kay - they are all good!!! The only one I would have included is Victor for the Eplipse story line. Love the choices!!!

#9   2007/03/14 07:05PM
    phick4ever

Congratulations to all of the Y & R Nominees.

Michelle Stafford, what a great actress, she can do it all, comedy or drama, she has the ability to emote odles of pathos from her audience, you either love to love her or love to hate her. She is nothing less than phenomenal and deserves not only the nomination but the emmy as well.

#10   2007/03/14 07:37PM
    Chrissi

Although I think all of the nominees for all shows are terrific, my votes went elsewhere.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list