List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Adam: Speculation death/body/basement

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Adam: Speculation death/body/basement

Started by TruthDetective at 2010/04/05 12:10PM
    Latest post: 2010/04/07 08:51AM, Views: 3554, Replies: 45
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #31   2010/04/05 07:55PM
    Re: Adam: Speculation death/body/basement
    writergal

Quote crjb1:
    Quote TruthDetective: Here goes:

Adam's DNA double, Mr Hightower,

How does one get a DNA double? Not even identical twins have exavtly the same DNA. I knew Adam couldn't die yet; like Sheila, he's too valuable a villain. Heroes are a dime a dozen, but a really good bads guy is priceless

is at the Masquerade Ball. In fact, Phyllis thought he was Adam and attacked him. He's wearing Adam's identical costume, if you noticed. What a coincidence! He's lured to the basement by Adam, but before he strikes, psycho Pattycakes kills him thinking it's Adam behind the mask. So Adam won't actually be the murderer, but looney Patty is. Adam finds the body, he may plant evidence that it's him, then Adam flees.

Of course, some of this action won't be seen right now, but will be revealed at a later date.

In the meantime, Nick and the rest of the Genoa City Parade of Doofuses search the basement. The leak is discovered, everybody runs, the builing blows, and Hightower's body burns beyond recognition. The DNA test is run and it's a match for Adam.

Additional tests are made on the body that indicate Adam/Hightower was murdered. Then the ongoing murder suspects are questioned, evidendence is uncovered indicating an innocent person is guilty and the trial begins, just in time for the "new Heather"!

Eventually, we'll see a newspaper headline about the trial being read by an unknown person. The camera will pan up to the face reading the newspaper or computer screen and it will be Adam with a smile on his face. Someday, Adam will return and he'll get a slap on the wrist for his deeds. In the meantime, Adam will accumulate vast wealth on his own to rival his father. After all, he graduated #2 in his class at Harvard Business School. Perhaps Adam will attempt a hostile take over of Newman Enterprises on his own. Now that would be great! LOL.......I'm just sayin'.

I agree that it's a fake Adam. Everything else you wrote is plausible and possible. I was hoping Tucker would have been the one to initiate a takeover, but Adam would be better.

#32   2010/04/06 12:45AM
    MadamSiSi

Quote sharonandnick22: I hope Adam dies in that basment. He is the worst Actor I have ever seen. Everybody In Geona City hates him. Let him die. He has done so many bad things I have lost count. The first Adam portrayed the part way better. And how can he keep getting away with all this stuff. Like nobody suspect him. What I really want is for Nick and Sharon to get back together now that they have Faith back. They are such a cute couple and you never geet tired of watching them.

For about 2 weeks I've noticed that many of the characters have made what sounded like "death threats" towards Adam. Each time there was a threat, there was a witness present. So now many people have a motive! I think initially, Adam will be declared dead (murdered) only because all of those "death threat" scenes. When looking for the murderer, the witnesses will then come forward...the nurse at the hospital, Victor's housekeeper, the prosecutor, etc. Perhaps Adam planned the gas leak but then really did get more than he bargained for by vengeful Patty! I'm getting anxious! Can't wait to see how this all turns out!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/04/06 12:50AM
    #33   2010/04/06 04:13AM
    FL senior fan

Quote countryMomof4:
    Quote Restless Patriot: The body could be burnt so badly that there are no teeth...but that is usually an explosion of the whole body that would do that. And Adam may have seen a dentist, but no one knows who that is...so that could take a while.

In any case, bone marrow transplants don't change someone's DNA. Period. DNA is replicated over and over and over in your body. It remains constant regardless of what is done to the body.

I found this on the net on a science site. Just an FYI

Until recently, bone marrow transplants involved destroying the patient's own bone marrow. In such cases their blood will contain the DNA profile of the donor alone. But some treatments in recent years, such as therapies to treat sickle cell disease, retain some of the patient's original bone marrow, so their blood can contain a mixed DNA profile. The site warns that with DNA databases growing that further investigations would have to be done into suspects' medical backgrounds to determine if they had ever received a bone marrow transplant to prevent wrongful arrests and convictions. This article was written in 2005.

Has anyone seen Rafe?

------------
    thank you for the research, very interesting!

#34   2010/04/06 04:11PM
    TruthDetective

SPOILER

No matter what science says, the body will be identified as Adam Newman and the hunt for his murderer will begin. My hunch is that Nick or Victor will be charged and put on trial. I actually think the jury will find the defendant guilty. That may spark some indication that the real Adam is alive or that Patty actually killed Adam or Adam 2. Patty will be discovered eventually, so by her killing Adam or Adam 2, this will explain the whole murder. IMO.

#35   2010/04/06 04:57PM
    Mama Mia

Quote lomille: If Adam saw Richard Hightower as a bone marrow donor, then the DNA may match. There was a case study done (I think) that proved a DNA match for a donor.

Just threw this out for folks to think about this possibility. I'm sure there are some medical folks that can shed some light on this as feasible or not.

Is it possible, Mr. Hightower was the man Adam met in the cafe? When Adam returned from Kansas he had a backacke, could he have donated bone marrow to Mr. H? Remember Mr Hightower thanked him for saving his live.

#36   2010/04/06 05:15PM
    lomille

Quote Mama Mia:
    Quote lomille: If Adam saw Richard Hightower as a bone marrow donor, then the DNA may match. There was a case study done (I think) that proved a DNA match for a donor.

Just threw this out for folks to think about this possibility. I'm sure there are some medical folks that can shed some light on this as feasible or not.

Is it possible, Mr. Hightower was the man Adam met in the cafe? When Adam returned from Kansas he had a backacke, could he have donated bone marrow to Mr. H? Remember Mr Hightower thanked him for saving his live.

Hey Mama Mia. In another thread, a poster confirmed what I suggested-that a bone marrow donor will show DNA for the donor instead of the recipient. Maybe someone will research this or

better still, maybe the storyline will go that way. We will see.

#37   2010/04/06 05:15PM
    Daisy Jane

Quote Mama Mia:

Richard Hightower's name was on today's U.S. show's characters/cast list in the closing credits.

My guess was that Mr. Hightower was in the basement when Adam was there. Patty killed Hightower by mistake and Adam got away.

Also, Adam had Nick's pen, he may have left that behind.

Patty had all kinds of expressions on her face today when the others were talking about Adam.

There's something fishy about Phyllis and her leg cast. Staying in the hospital longer then having it re-X-rayed before she left.

Then she said her leg was hurting after the explosion. Then she didn't want to go to the hospital and said she was going to the doctors tomorrow. btw, its the left leg, just like Sheila injured, while she was in the bomb shelter... dun dun dun.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/04/06 05:20PM
    #38   2010/04/06 06:06PM
    YandRfan89

Who's Mr Hightower?

#39   2010/04/06 06:23PM
    TruthDetective

Quote YandRfan89: Who's Mr Hightower?

Adam met with Richard Hightower in a diner after he got back from "visiting Kansas". He was going to go to another location with him until his little son showed up and hugged Adam to say thank you. Adam got unnerved and quickly left. He later alluded to the meeting with Sharon when he said that he was about to do something terrible. This is also during the time Adam complained about having pain in his back due to a "fall". There are a lot of loose ends that can be connected in this mystery. So I guess we'll have to see what develops.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/04/06 06:24PM
    #40   2010/04/06 06:42PM
    trixie60

Truth Detective I like your theories and I think that you should definately write for Y&R. I think that it may turn out the way you have said that it will.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list