List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Boy, Did I miss Friday....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Boy, Did I miss Friday....

Started by gommie at 2006/09/18 01:43PM
    Latest post: 2006/09/18 09:28PM, Views: 427, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2006/09/18 01:43PM
    Boy, Did I miss Friday....
    gommie

I thought I watched on Friday but if today's episode is any indication of what happened on Friday then I missed it...I didn't realize V had already had his surgery-until the great court scene today-*gag*. I felt sure he would be layed up for 6 months in a coma....thanks to the writers for not putting us through that....I wondered too how come the Newmans have a dog..now I know where the dogs storyline is coming in...GREAT ADDITION BY THE WAY....

#2   2006/09/18 01:46PM
    Re: Boy, Did I miss Friday....
    lestress

Yep, I wondered what the addition of the dog had to do with anything.................and now it becomes clear. Nothing like that is ever done without purpose on a soap - like you notice that nobody ever gets a wrong number on the telephone

#3   2006/09/18 03:59PM
    kimyla

I am glad someone else noticed too that Zapato was picking up on something and was getting very anxious right before Victors seizures the past couple of times. I believe it. Dogs are very sensitive and in tune to their owners well being and when something is wrong. Mine are. If I am sick or sad, they stay right by my side and lay calmly. I hope they'll work with this story line.

#4   2006/09/18 05:02PM
    Re: Boy, Did I miss Friday.....
    oldsoapfan

/re; the comments on the dog....
    I think the intent of the show is to make Zapato a 'seizure' dog... I have actually seen one of those. It is a helper dog similar to a seeing eye or hearing impaired helper; except that the dog is trained to realize when a person with epilepsy or other ailment which causes seizures is about to seize.
    The one person whom I met that had such a dog, stated that her dog would react in such a way as to remind her to take an anti seizure med, since the dog would get the signal (I think through smell) before the person actually felt the seizure coming on. At any rate, If the person actually goes into a seizure, the dog runs for help right away.. and he wore an ID, of course, which had info for what to do..

I am glad to see Y&R doing this, because obviously very few know about this type of helper dog.

#5   2006/09/18 05:06PM
    lestress

Zapata has been around for a while and I would think you would have to start training a dog for something like that very very early in his life....but this is a soap after all.

#6   2006/09/18 09:28PM
    gommie

I believe it.

I do too and bringing in a furkid really adds some sweet reality to the show...gives us someone new to love who will NOT disappoint us

Dogs are very sensitive and in tune to their owners well being and when something is wrong. Mine are. If I am sick or sad, they stay right by my side and lay calmly. I hope they'll work with this story line.[/quote]

Mine are as well...extrememly sensitive and intune to my feelings and how I am acting.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list