List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: MM's (Adam) contract for a year

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

MM's (Adam) contract for a year

Started by PurrrrrrrKitty at 2010/02/25 01:39PM
    Latest post: 2010/02/25 07:25PM, Views: 859, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/02/25 01:39PM
    MM's (Adam) contract for a year
    PurrrrrrrKitty

The very fact that MM had a one year contract tells me the
    writers did not know what they were going to do with Adam.
    Sooo, I ask, why did they create Adam??? Especially, since he is the son of Victor...one of the main families in G.C.

He has a rich background and so many stories could have been written about him... without making him into such an evil monster. The very fact that Victor had nothing to do with his raising because Hope did not want him be... could have have evolved slowly with the viewers getting to know Adam... like Y&R use to handle their new main characters. After all Adam is a member of one of the main families..not some new character with no attachment that can stay or leave.....

But, Nooo, over night... Adam is working for Victor and wham..... Adam becomes a monster without any need to be.. Why??? because his father was not involved in his life??? After all, Hope never wanted Victor there...that part of the story has been totally over looked... No reason to become a monster......all of this done within a very short time... No time for the viewers to get an emotional attachment to Adam.....other than to dislike what he is doing.

Adam was written like he was a new character that could be dispensed with very easily...It was like the writers were playing around... and wondering if the Viewers would go for this dark and evil crap and him being a member of a core family..... How dumb!!!!!

MM may enjoy playing an evil/monster type... but it is not working..... not as a member of a main core family member.

In the past, a true villain who is evil has never been from the core family (Newman and Abbotts)..... Oh, Victor and Jack have both done some horrible things, usually because of their rivally) and paid for them.. directly or indirectly....... but it was never EVIL.... un-forgivable...They did not do anything to hurt their own families beyond redemption. I think that is the key.. hurting "their own family"...

Sheila, David, and another David years ago..... were true
    villians..... and they have been killed off..... ooooooops let me rephrase that.. Sheila seems to come back alive when
    they need a true villain again.... stupid, but true.

Phyllis was a character introduced as manipulative and had
    an evil streak in her... but she was not a core family member.. and her character has slowly evolved into an interesting character.. who is no saint.. but no longer as manipulative.. IMO, she never was evil.... just did some really bad things... to get her way. Yes, she
    did kill her friend... but it fit into the story at the time.. it made sense that she would do that..she was so desperate for Danny to be the Father.... but she later paid for that big time... SHE LOST DANNY AND HER SON FOR MANY YEARS and she slowly became redeamed to a large degree.. Again, she is not a family member of the Newman's nor Abbotts.

IMO, the only way to save the character of Adam is for him to be written off of the show for at least a year... Let him
    be punished severely... like Michael was.... then bring him back... a renewed man... but still with an edge... After all, he is Victor's son... and more like him that Nick...

Just my opinion..... anyone want to give theirs?

#2   2010/02/25 01:54PM
    Re: MM's (Adam) contract for a year
    Sasha88

Hi Purrrrr, Adam has got to go and if MM gets the "Hawaii 5-0" gig, he's for sure out of here! And even if he doesn't, I have seen him on CSI Miami and it seems that night-time is where he wants to be, so I don't expect that he would want to renew his contract. I doubt the role could take another recast, so I fully expect that the end of Adam is drawing near!

#3   2010/02/25 02:33PM
    Lady53

Quote Sasha88: Hi Purrrrr, Adam has got to go and if MM gets the "Hawaii 5-0" gig, he's for sure out of here! And even if he doesn't, I have seen him on CSI Miami and it seems that night-time is where he wants to be, so I don't expect that he would want to renew his contract. I doubt the role could take another recast, so I fully expect that the end of Adam is drawing near!

He could always commute and do both shows. He could also leave(go to prison) then come back after shooting H5O and try to become redeemed. Also be put on recurring for a while, showing an occasional scene in prison.

#4   2010/02/25 02:55PM
    Daisy Jane

Victor's original contract was for a few months and he's been on Y&R for 30 years.

#5   2010/02/25 04:11PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Sooooo true, several of the actors started with short contracts... to see whether their characters were going to be a main stay or not... and how well the actor accomplished the role..some of the actors "made" the characters.. sooooo they have stayed many years..

I also forgot... that the Chancellor's are a main family.

I still say, a member of the one of those 3 families cannot be a true evil villain and stay on the show... It will not work...

I have seen other families over the years come and go... but the Newmans, Abbotts and Chancellors have always been there.

There is always a need for a villain... but not as a member of those families.. they are to be the victim of a true villain...

Apprently, the new writers don't know that...

#6   2010/02/25 04:26PM
    betty66

You are right when you said adam could have been written in so many ways, but I do not want him back peroid.

#7   2010/02/25 04:28PM
    countryMomof4

Quote Lady53:
    Quote Sasha88: Hi Purrrrr, Adam has got to go and if MM gets the "Hawaii 5-0" gig, he's for sure out of here! And even if he doesn't, I have seen him on CSI Miami and it seems that night-time is where he wants to be, so I don't expect that he would want to renew his contract. I doubt the role could take another recast, so I fully expect that the end of Adam is drawing near!

He could always commute and do both shows. He could also leave(go to prison) then come back after shooting H5O and try to become redeemed. Also be put on recurring for a while, showing an occasional scene in prison.

Exactly! Why can't he be redeemed like Michael? He's a terrific actor and I think he's been a great asset to the show.

#8   2010/02/25 05:43PM
    Suziq

He is a terrific actor or we wouldn't hate him so much. Without evil out show is not that fun, so we have to keep Adam. Maybe he goes to prison, films his movie, and comes back , a questionable man. Remember Michael. He was as evil as Adam, but I love his character now. He is the backbone of the show!

#9   2010/02/25 05:57PM
    Leel

Quote betty66: You are right when you said adam could have been written in so many ways, but I do not want him back peroid.

Me either. Causing a miscarriage, covering it up to save his hide, ripping a baby out to a doctor's arms and giving her to another woman, too much, too much and too ugly. And still covering his hide...unforgiveable! He has to go.

#10   2010/02/25 06:24PM
    niptuck

NO! NO! Adam has to go, to long, to much, this Adam Guy i have to say He really SUCKS Uggg, and Uggg again, tired of FF when he's on this Creepy, Creepy Character is the worst i've seen, and he keeps on hurting people it's time he pay Jail might be to good for him,how about Death, where are some of the people that he knew Syke (i think he had something to do with her death) Oh why not? He had something to do with the Death of His own Fathers Baby, and He Stole His Brothers Baby this Repulsive slime is capable of anything that comes in his view, watch out Sharon you didn't know you were "Sleeping With The Enemy" did you, and time and time again she was told He's NO good this Guy has more to his Past somethings just not right where he came from what say writers bring out some more dirt on this "Creep"

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list