List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Salaries

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Salaries

Started by pussykat at 2007/02/26 03:45PM
    Latest post: 2007/02/28 05:29PM, Views: 1436, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2007/02/27 08:01AM
    Re: Salaries
    martyc

I was shocked too! I wouldn't do it. You really have
    to hand it to these people, working that hard day after
    day. A person would have to really love acting. I guess
    all the exposure everyday to the public would be good
    for their careers. Eyal would make it worthwhile. In
    his case I would make a exception.

#12   2007/02/27 08:09AM
    gommie

Quote Amy Mistretta: They are per year. Daytime doesn't get enough credit verses primetime

Amy

They are like the step-children in TV-every bit as good and not given nearly enough recognition...

#13   2007/02/27 08:13AM
    gommie

Quote glowery: When you count the number of commercials there are during the show you would think they would make more than that. Of course advertiseres don't pay as much for airtime during the daytime as they do primetime either.

When I saw the amounts I was shocked to see that was for a year. When you see the amounts paid to primetime actors per episode (such as those on Friends) and you consider the acting talent on daytime TV, it seems as if the daytime actors are underpaid in comparison.

Exactly--daytime actors and actresses far exceed the acting talent of some of the those with the highest pay in prime time.I can't think of any of the 'friends cast' who can hold a candle to some of these daytime stars....

#14   2007/02/27 09:26AM
    Soulsistah

Quote gommie:
    Quote glowery: When you count the number of commercials there are during the show you would think they would make more than that. Of course advertiseres don't pay as much for airtime during the daytime as they do primetime either.

When I saw the amounts I was shocked to see that was for a year. When you see the amounts paid to primetime actors per episode (such as those on Friends) and you consider the acting talent on daytime TV, it seems as if the daytime actors are underpaid in comparison.

Exactly--daytime actors and actresses far exceed the acting talent of some of the those with the highest pay in prime time.I can't think of any of the 'friends cast' who can hold a candle to some of these daytime stars....

I agree with you. In Daytime, actors generally get to show so much more range of emotion because of the s/ls...some of the vets should get more!

#15   2007/02/27 09:28AM
    EmpressOpera...

Holy Poo, that's a lot of money! Well... Looks like I need to get an agent and head to Cali!

#16   2007/02/27 02:48PM
    pussykat

Quote Amy Mistretta: Here are some figures to give you an idea of how much soap stars make:

In their first year: $71,500 - $134,600

By their fifth year: $137,000 - $280,300

By their Tenth year: $158,000 - $418,100

And for those beloved vets, well, it just goes up from there!

Hope this helps
    Amy

Thanks for the info...they deserve more....

#17   2007/02/27 05:29PM
    gommie

Quote EmpressOperaDiva: Holy Poo, that's a lot of money! Well... Looks like I need to get an agent and head to Cali!

Yeah right, any excuse now to head to california...any special location?

#18   2007/02/27 08:43PM
    shopgirl

Quote gommie:
    Quote EmpressOperaDiva: Holy Poo, that's a lot of money! Well... Looks like I need to get an agent and head to Cali!

gommie -- are you recruiting a neighbor?? You and the empress could pay a visit to PCP together

#19   2007/02/27 08:45PM
    gommie

Quote shopgirl:
    Quote gommie:

gommie -- are you recruiting a neighbor?? You and the empress could pay a visit to PCP together

LOL..shopgirl-we'd have to go together-she is the one with his address

#20   2007/02/27 08:46PM
    shopgirl

Quote gommie:
    Quote shopgirl:
    Quote gommie:

LOL..shopgirl-we'd have to go together-she is the one with his address

I'm getting a visual of you two lurking outside his dressing room door

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list