List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Ok - Lets help people know Amber

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ok - Lets help people know Amber

Started by Plot_Twister at 2007/02/23 09:34AM
    Latest post: 2007/02/25 08:43AM, Views: 797, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2007/02/23 12:43PM
    Re: Ok - Lets help people know Amber
    jamielynnG

Quote Plot_Twister:
    Quote jamielynnG: Amber got pregnant and married Rick Forster. later found out the baby was for Deacon. Rick got out the marriage and Deacon took the baby, or something along those lines. Please correct me if I am wrong because it had been a long time.

Amber was pregnant when she married Rick Forrester. BUT, He Loved her and she loved him. Her and Rick had a falling out before the marraige and she had a one night drunk fling with an old friend from her home town (played by Usher) Raymond. She was afraid that the baby would be Raymonds, so she never told anyone when she went into labor. Instead she went back to Furnace Creek and stayed with her mother (cant remember her name but was played by Andrea Evens). The baby was stillborn and to this day I think that is the most gut wrenching scene I have ever seen. Amber cousin Becky was also pregnant at the time and was giving her baby up for adoption. Amber's mom and the midwife gave Becky's baby to Amber to soothe her soul. Amber didn't want to take the baby but at that point in time she was too distraught to think for herself. The next thing you knoiw, she is in too deep to get out. Then Becky comes to visit Amber, vinds out that the baby is hers, and the world explodes. Rick forgives Amber after a while and the again have children (BTW the baby was Ricks) this time they are having twins and they died also. Now, Amber cannot have children at all.

Thanks for the help remembering. I do remember when Becky saw the birthmark on the baby and that is how she found out the baby was really hers. It was Becky and Deacon's baby, right? That is how Deacon ended up with the baby.

#12   2007/02/23 01:18PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote gommie: I don't like her character either-but I would like to know whre she came from...who are her parents....etc. etc.

Amber grew up in a trailer park in Death Valley with her mother. Her mother wasn't the best role model--drinking, multiple boyfriends, always plotting to get over, etc...Amber's father was never around--he either left the family or just got Amber's mom pregnant.

Amber got a job as a babysitter for Rick and Bridget...she was in her late teens, not in her mid twenties. She has a nasty habit of getting pregnant easy and seducing men when she wants something...usually money and security.

At one point, she actually tried her hand at motherhood, but that nature fizzled out in favor of her greediness.

While living in the house, Rick and Amber got together and caused major problems--she and Brooke (Rick's mother) as well as Stephanie (the Forrester matriarch) both hated Amber and tried to get rid of her---but time and time again, she would always make it back in the family.

At one point, Rick was dying and needed a kidney, so Amber gave him one. She tried to get Rick back many times by plotting and scheming with Deacon and a host of other folk, including the late/great Sally Spectra (Darlene Connelly).

Amber's last rush for Rick's affections was warring against his lady-love Caitlin---who is Hector's (Lorenzo Lamas) daughter. Their infatuation didn't last long...soon later, Amber got a job as a fashion designer for Sally/Thorne's company, and she plotted again with Clarke Garrison to get back at the Forresters for treating her like crap all those years--she trapped Bridget (Rick's sister) in an abandoned mine shaft, videotaped/recorded the whole thing, and when Ridge got trapped down there with Bridget and they kissed--Amber went after them (Forresters) once again...

Through a series of Stephanie forgiving her and letting her live in the mansion, and then eventually Amber leaving town when no one wanted anything else to do with her...Amber found her way to Genoa City to plot, scheme, and get over once again.

#13   2007/02/23 01:34PM
    shopgirl

Sounds to me like Amber did about all the damage she could do on B & B........now she has come to wreak havoc in GC

#14   2007/02/23 01:40PM
    de yandr fan

Quote Amy Mistretta: Hi everyone, just a reminder, you can read all about the characters and the actors who play them in the Cast List section.

I realized that we all have our own opinions about some of the current 'in the light' characters and I just want to thank you all for keeping it clean

Amy

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for all that you do for us here on "soaps.com" Most of us are aware of the Cast Lists details that are available here. I have found that that list doesn't give alot of details about the charactor. I checked there for information about Amber and it was very sparse. Besides, it is more fun to have this open forumn were viewers can provide this type of information to each other without just reading a sterile bio of the charactor. Again, thank you so very much for your assistance.

#15   2007/02/23 01:44PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote Plot_Twister: And don't forget she was kidnapped by Shelia when Shelia's daughter Mary wanted Rick.

Yes, Beckys baby daddy was Deacon.

I know that Amber is PINA - but usually I can see her as a mixed up person. I know that Rick really loved her and that she really loved Rick. How she goes about showing her love now, that leaves a person mindboggled.

This is a character that usually can be seen having a good side if you look around the crooks and valleys. But here, and now, after what she did with Cane, I am dissappointed in her.

I'm disappointed in Amber too about this Cane issue...she seemed to have turned a new leaf when she worked for Thorne and Sally, but I guess that scandalous side of her refuses to go away...I'm surprised she drugged Cane and is using him--I was kinda rooting for her to have a genuine loving relationship with a nice guy, regardless of the size of his inheritance..oh well...she keeps things interesting..lol..

#16   2007/02/23 01:44PM
    Amy Mistretta

Hi de yandr fan,

You're very welcome Yeah, I didn't add a real in depth profile about Amber's past on B&B - mainly because we want to focus on what she's doing on Y&R

I agree, it is fun to chit chat about what others remember about the characters and their storylines.

Have a great weekend!
    Amy

#17   2007/02/23 04:42PM
    gommie

I think Amber is a very pretty young girl -I would like to see her in a more likeable role-see how she does..

#18   2007/02/24 05:06PM
    la-sAr

Quote jackspaniel: I don't want to know anything about Amber - I just want her to go and FAST!!! I can't stand her character!!!

well if you dont want to know then why are you posting this message, its only the poeple on the board who wants to say what they know. yes amber was good she saved stephanie's live from sheila.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list