List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Victor and his power

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Victor and his power

Started by calivy at 2007/02/22 10:30AM
    Latest post: 2007/02/26 05:17AM, Views: 868, Replies: 20
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2007/02/22 12:52PM
    Re: Victor and his power
    de yandr fan

Victor is powerful and I love it. He has great lines to say, like "It ain't gonna happen" or "Not now, not ever!!" to "Ya got that!!" There are few powerful men like that riding around in the world so his charactor has always fascinated me. I love the foreign accent that never changed. I saw an old movie once and our "Victor" was a real bad man on it. Gotta love him.

#12   2007/02/22 01:03PM
    Soulsistah

Quote calivy: who else besides me is sick of victor always getting his way. i have never seen anyone always come out on top and be victorious at everything he does. it only take one phone call to the minister of kunta hara for the authorities to release him. for once they should be more realistic and let victor take a downfall. hopefully his first downfall will be asainst jack since he is trying to bring jack down. i hope the trap he sets for jack, he gets caught in himself and take his deavious, mean and selfish wife down with him.

While I know Victor is THE MAN on Y&R, and always will be, I am sick of him always winning! I mean, how boring to see this type of character over and over and over again always succeeding - there is absolutely no surprises. A predictable storyline makes for a boring one, IMO. Just for once I'd like to see Jack come out on top.

#13   2007/02/22 01:16PM
    jackspaniel

Quote Soulsistah:
    Quote calivy: who else besides me is sick of victor always getting his way. i have never seen anyone always come out on top and be victorious at everything he does. it only take one phone call to the minister of kunta hara for the authorities to release him. for once they should be more realistic and let victor take a downfall. hopefully his first downfall will be asainst jack since he is trying to bring jack down. i hope the trap he sets for jack, he gets caught in himself and take his deavious, mean and selfish wife down with him.

While I know Victor is THE MAN on Y&R, and always will be, I am sick of him always winning! I mean, how boring to see this type of character over and over and over again always succeeding - there is absolutely no surprises. A predictable storyline makes for a boring one, IMO. Just for once I'd like to see Jack come out on top.

In my opinion, you can call Victor a lot of things - and I have over the years - but boring has never been one of them!

#14   2007/02/22 01:19PM
    Soulsistah

I don't think Victor is boring; I find always knowing the outcome of his "I'm king of the world" s/l's are because you already know how it's gonna turn out.

#15   2007/02/22 01:51PM
    bindabear1

Victor has been on since the beginning. Victor makes the soap.or a big part of it anyways.

#16   2007/02/22 02:50PM
    Kasha

The day Victor leaves Y&R or is written off --whatever, will be a sad one for this program. I felt the same way with John Abbott and will with Kay, Jack and Jill for that matter. I know things eventually end and move on--but it will be a sad day. The end of an age.

#17   2007/02/25 10:52PM
    CandyLane5

Quote Kasha: Unfortunately or fortunately(depending on who you are), in the real world of the rich and powerful, they do pull strings like Victor Newman. Victor being able to call the minister and get to fly out of Czech is quite real for the powerful.

But he didnt have Jana and Milan in his little black book... In the past the writer's Showed Victor's power not in a show and tell like now...

#18   2007/02/25 11:30PM
    Soulsistah

Quote CandyLane5:
    Quote Kasha: Unfortunately or fortunately(depending on who you are), in the real world of the rich and powerful, they do pull strings like Victor Newman. Victor being able to call the minister and get to fly out of Czech is quite real for the powerful.

But he didnt have Jana and Milan in his little black book... In the past the writer's Showed Victor's power not in a show and tell like now...

Exactly. The new writers have taken TGVN character and have now made him a parody of himself! They need to take it down a couple of notches with Victor having to be involved in EVERYTHING. Geez, with him, Brad, and Vicky playing junior sleuths and Nick spending his time grinning at home, or rubbing Phyllie's ego, who the heck is running NE???!

#19   2007/02/26 05:02AM
    CandyLane5

SoulSistah... right in the past Victor would not have been at Nick's house for that kidnapping.. maybe for a few minutes to offer help, but not to vigil.. and he would have not gotten involved in Brad's mess, he would have taken care of it behind the scenes... in the past he never involved Nikki in his schemes either.. and he would not stand outside a window where Jack can see him out of the corner of his eye... etc... you Show not Tell... they are 'showing'

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/02/26 05:03AM
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list