List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The beloved Cassie would be alive today if...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The beloved Cassie would be alive today if...

Started by twocentsworth at 2009/11/12 03:58PM
    Latest post: 2009/11/12 06:22PM, Views: 721, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2009/11/12 03:58PM
    The beloved Cassie would be alive today if...
    twocentsworth

If Grace Turner didn't find the child adopted by a lady named Alice in another town...then she wouldn't have brought her back to GC and (after about a yr) presented her to Sharon...and since Sharon didn't want to be without this child, if Grace Turner hadn't shown Sharon that she existed, Sharon wouldn't have been the one to decide to keep (Nick adopted) Cassie and raise her with Nick...she wouldn't have grown up at the ranch and turned into a young lady in pre-teen and early teen years...she wouldn't have started using make-up, like a typical teen and she wouldn't have developed a crush on Daniel Romalotti...she wouldn't have begged her parents to go out that fateful night...she wouldn't have ended up at that party where Daniel was drinking, but did not drive...she wouldn't have made the decision to get behind the wheel to drive him home, even though she didn't really know how or have a D.L. (only practice on the ranch a little)...she wouldn't have had the accident trying to drive the passed out in the back seat, Daniel home...she wouldn't have had internal and head injuries so severe that after she even left the hospital to tell them it wasn't Daniel's fault (he was being blamed for driving, since they were thrown from the car and it was assumed)...she wouldn't have tearfully died in the hospital with her parents by her side...a very, very sad day...yes, if it wasn't for Grace Turner, Cassie would still be alive living with Alice in another town...

#2   2009/11/12 04:11PM
    Re: The beloved Cassie would be alive today if...
    Memory24

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The only good thing that witch Grace did was bring Cassie. Most of the time children are rarely used on soaps but Cassie was special. CG was probably one of the best child actors I have ever seen on a soap.

She was something special. I loved her with EVERYONE. But most of all Shick. Her and Nick were the most adorable thing ever. Her and Sharon were beautiful.

Even when Grace brought Cassie to Genoa City she didn't even tell Sharon right away. Then she tried to kidnap Cassie. Then she told Alice where Cassie was and tried to work with Michael to get Cassie away from Shick.

I don't think I have ever hated a character more then that GRACE TURNER. She worked my nerves from DAY ONE. Her nasty little fantasies about Nick and then her lies and manipulations. UGHHHHH!! She drove me up the wall I was so glad when her butt was booted to New York. So happy when every last Newman told her butt off.

#3   2009/11/12 04:16PM
    twocentsworth

Quote Memory24: I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The only good thing that witch Grace did was bring Cassie. Most of the time children are rarely used on soaps but Cassie was special. CG was probably one of the best child actors I have ever seen on a soap.

She was something special. I loved her with EVERYONE. But most of all Shick. Her and Nick were the most adorable thing ever. Her and Sharon were beautiful.

Even when Grace brought Cassie to Genoa City she didn't even tell Sharon right away. Then she tried to kidnap Cassie. Then she told Alice where Cassie was and tried to work with Michael to get Cassie away from Shick.

I don't think I have ever hated a character more then that GRACE TURNER. She worked my nerves from DAY ONE. Her nasty little fantasies about Nick and then her lies and manipulations. UGHHHHH!! She drove me up the wall I was so glad when her butt was booted to New York. So happy when every last Newman told her butt off.

Which part did you disagree with? That Grace Turner was to blame for bringing Cassie to GC or that Cassie would be alive today if she hadn't, or a different part? I agree that Grace was deplorable and a terrible person for hiding/keeping Cassie, but the fact that she found her to begin with began the "fateful road Cassie would travel down" while in GC and not live very long in the process...I was glad Grace was found out and booted out too...I still feel Cassie would still be alive and well living with Alice had Grace not started the wheels turning in that direction...

#4   2009/11/12 04:27PM
    Lady53

Quote twocentsworth:
    Quote Memory24: I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The only good thing that witch Grace did was bring Cassie. Most of the time children are rarely used on soaps but Cassie was special. CG was probably one of the best child actors I have ever seen on a soap.

Which part did you disagree with? That Grace Turner was to blame for bringing Cassie to GC or that Cassie would be alive today if she hadn't, or a different part? I agree that Grace was deplorable and a terrible person for hiding/keeping Cassie, but the fact that she found her to begin with began the "fateful road Cassie would travel down" while in GC and not live very long in the process...I was glad Grace was found out and booted out too...I still feel Cassie would still be alive and well living with Alice had Grace not started the wheels turning in that direction...

That's questionable, she may not have been

#5   2009/11/12 04:31PM
    Memory24

Also another thing Alice didn't even really raise Cassie. Millie Alice's mother did. Alice was to busy chasing her child molester boyfriend around. Could you imagine Cassie growing up with AL as her step-father and living in those deplorable conditions? Towards the end of Alice's stay I saw that she loved Cassie. But even Alice realized Cassie was better of with Nick and Sharon.

This scene right here just solidifies why it was right that the Newmans were granted custody of Cassie:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OJvuUC9R_M&feature=related

#6   2009/11/12 04:35PM
    Memory24

Quote twocentsworth:

I disagree with the part that Cassie would have lived a life with Alice. Alice was living with a man that was a child molester. Then she had abandoned Cassie with her mother. Millie was not able to care for a child. Grace found Cassie with Millie and Alice was know where to be found. What if Millie had a stroke while Cassie was with her? What would have happened to Cassie then especially since nobody was checking in on them.

#7   2009/11/12 04:35PM
    countryMomof4

Cassie was a lovely child and everyone adored her. Camryn Grimes was well loved by the cast. It was a shame she had to "die". However, when it is your time, it is your time.

#8   2009/11/12 04:36PM
    twocentsworth

Quote Memory24: Also another thing Alice didn't even really raise Cassie. Millie Alice's mother did. Alice was to busy chasing her child molester boyfriend around. Could you imagine Cassie growing up with AL as her step-father and living in those deplorable conditions? Towards the end of Alice's stay I saw that she loved Cassie. But even Alice realized Cassie was better of with Nick and Sharon.

This scene right here just solidifies why it was right that the Newmans were granted custody of Cassie:

I'm not disagreeing with your comment at all, in fact, you are very correct! Cassie had a MUCH better life with Nick and Sharon, her real mom...I'm just saying that had Grace not found and brought Cassie to GC, I think she'd still be the beloved ALIVE Cassie and would not, sadly, have met her untimely demise... So, to sum up what I'm trying to portray, which would someone choose: to have their child be raised by an adoptive family and live a good, albeit hard life, OR to have the cushy Newman rich style life and die at age 14???

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/11/12 04:39PM
    #9   2009/11/12 04:40PM
    Memory24

Quote twocentsworth:
    Quote Memory24: Also another thing Alice didn't even really raise Cassie. Millie Alice's mother did. Alice was to busy chasing her child molester boyfriend around. Could you imagine Cassie growing up with AL as her step-father and living in those deplorable conditions? Towards the end of Alice's stay I saw that she loved Cassie. But even Alice realized Cassie was better of with Nick and Sharon.

I'm not disagreeing with your comment at all, in fact, you are very correct! Cassie had a MUCH better life with Nick and Sharon, her real mom...I'm just saying that had Grace not found and brought Cassie to GC, I think she'd still be the beloved ALIVE Cassie and would not, sadly, have met her untimely demise...

I get what you are saying. She may have lived but if she had lived with Alice then she wouldn't have been with Shick.

But those were my absolute favorite family moments.

Even though I hated that Cassie died. But her death scene is my favorite Y&R scene. No other scene on Y&R has ever moved me more.

It is shame she died so young. But the writers have very much kept her character alive. I have not seen this with any other child character.

#10   2009/11/12 05:06PM
    Daisy Jane

I agree with Memoy24, the only good thing Grace did was to bring Cassie. Grace did it out of love.

Cassie may have ended up in GC anyway:

1. Matt Clark knew about Sharon's baby. He sent Nick a letter with details about Sharon being pregnant and giving birth, Nick was clueless. He wanted to hurt Nick and Sharon bad, it was only a matter of time before he would have found Cassie.

2. As soon as Alice's boyfriend knew Cassie was connected to a family with money. He wanted Alice to get Cassie back then cash her in for all she could get.

3. Frank Barrett, Cassie's father may have ended up with Cassie once Millie became too sick to care for her. Alice was always away with her boyfriend, not a good situation, like Memory24 said, he was a child molester. So, the court may have ended up contacting Frank and possibly Sharon.

4. Then there's Cameron Kirsten, if he could find Frank (he ended up dead in a sewer in GC), you can bet he would have found Cassie.

Cassie was bigger than life, those were the days!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/11/12 05:10PM
    1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list