List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: When did you start watching the show?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you start watching the show?

Started by Plot_Twister at 2007/02/19 01:49PM
    Latest post: 2007/02/25 06:58PM, Views: 3441, Replies: 105
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #71   2007/02/21 03:21PM
    Re: When did you start watching the show?
    capricorn27

i began watching at the beginning. i used to watch with my grandmother and mother. unfortunately, i'm at the age when my long term memory is becoming sharper than my short term memory, so i do remember a lot that happened back in the day but can't remember last week, unless it involves adrian. [tivo w/ dvr is a wonderful thing.]

#72   2007/02/21 03:24PM
    erinszoo

I am a relative newbie. I started watching when I was on bedrest with my pregnancy, january of 2003.

#73   2007/02/22 08:39AM
    Watching Sin...

I started mid 1973. Katherine was drinking, Jill the paid companion and Jill's mother was the house keeper. The Brooks and Williams families I remember too. Julia and her boyfiend, I think that is when Victor came on the scene. Some of my memory is a little vague about things, but I always remember how dark and gloomy Katherine's house was.

I had moved to the Virgin Islands and there was only one tv station on for a few hours a day. Everyone was into Soaps! I remember when Y&R was on, during the commercials people would come outside and talk about what was happening, then run back inside when the show started again. No matter where you were you could just go in someones house and watch it.

Once the Actress who plays Nikki came to Canel Bay Resort. You would have thought the President was there. She was so gracious and down to earth. A few times she would go into being "Nikki" and have everyone cracking up!

I am now in North Carolina for awhile and with a lot of time on my hands I've recently joined this board. It's alot of fun finding others with an interest in Y&R. I've stopped reading the spoilers and try and keep strong opinions to my self. I write my post, read once, preview once, edit and post! Hope I haven't offended any one here and enjoy these little trips down memory lane in GC.

#74   2007/02/22 09:46AM
    mritchie

I was watching AMC on soapnet, when i caught Y&R one day. It was the Chemistry between professor Korbel and Colleen that got me hooked. Not sure if I will continue watching if they split them.

#75   2007/02/22 10:13AM
    My princess

I started watchen from the start. The Brooks, Abbots, Chandlers & Presscots. I really liked Lance Presscot. He later married Lori Brooks & her sister Leslie had a crush on him.I have forgot some of the story like as it was dumb at times. Nikki has a sister who is a Dr.

#76   2007/02/22 10:20AM
    marie d.

same here, I remember victor/julia S/L, and nicki/paul & remember jack w/paul's sister.

#77   2007/02/22 10:22AM
    gommie

Quote My princess: I started watchen from the start. The Brooks, Abbots, Chandlers & Presscots. I really liked Lance Presscot. He later married Lori Brooks & her sister Leslie had a crush on him.I have forgot some of the story like as it was dumb at times. Nikki has a sister who is a Dr.

I think the abbotts came along later....

#78   2007/02/22 11:37AM
    maxi4

:) I started watching Young and the Restless from March 1973 when it first started and have been loyal fan all this years. I just moved to Canada a year before and was pregnant at the time with my first daugther and my english was limited at the time. Thanks to Y & R it improved very fast, and I never had to take a class in English language.
    Bouth my daugthers are big fans too.

#79   2007/02/22 11:41AM
    smc121679

Man, I am a 27 year vet. My mom started watchin it. And now my sister who is 17 is watching it as well. I am 27 and I even got my husband interested in it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list