List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: When did you start watching the show?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you start watching the show?

Started by Plot_Twister at 2007/02/19 01:49PM
    Latest post: 2007/02/25 06:58PM, Views: 3249, Replies: 105
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #51   2007/02/20 11:33AM
    Re: When did you start watching the show?
    gommie

Does anyone remember when the characters always drank c_ocktails...mostly at 5 in the afternoon? you don't see that too much anymore -it used to be a big deal...I was away from home and lonely-- I used to mix myself one to enjoy with the characters while watching the soaps(this was before Y&R though)-only I didn't enjoy it very much--it was more a social thing for me....gosh I was young..LOL

#52   2007/02/20 11:36AM
    Dacia

Quote pxsprott:
    Quote Dacia: im pretty young (27) and live in Jamaica.

I started watching in the 90's when it started airing in Jamaica.

the first episode i saw was when Vicotr met Hope.

I love Y&R cause i tis the most sane and realistic soap.

I don't think the show is realistic at all. Take Shelia for example. Also, the fact that Sharon & Jack and Nick & Phyllis swapped partners doesn't seem realistic to me. I like the show, but think the themes are extremely farfetched.

in comparison with some other soaps- to me- Y&R is more realistic.

and of course not every thing is going to be "normal", after all it is the soaps.

#53   2007/02/20 11:48AM
    heart and soul

Y&R had only been on a few months when I began watching it. So much has changed. i remember when Danny would sing and write his music and sing it to Christine( Cricket), her mom was there, and Mr. Chancellor, Jill was the housekeeper and companion for Katherine, later becoming a manicurist.
    I too, remember the way the kids had parties and the adults always dress up for dinner or going out on the town. Even school homework was discussed!
    As is said "We can never go back", but those were the days>
    You know it is fun to reminisce about the show, in a sad sort of a way..

#54   2007/02/20 11:51AM
    Seoul

I have watched for over nine years and I think it is truly the best soap opera on. I am so happy that they do not drag the storylines and the action is always moving.

#55   2007/02/20 11:53AM
    EmpressOpera...

I started watching when I was 5 with my Beautiful Grandmother. Miss her dearly, but the legend lives on!

#56   2007/02/20 12:16PM
    kentucky derby

I started to watch on day one, back with the Brooks family, and the Fosters. Jill, and her two bothers, Snapper and Greg. I can't remember all the Brooks sisters, but I think one was Laurie and Chris and I can't remember the other. I remeber John McCook on as one of their boyfriends or husband. It's been a long time. Laura Lee Bell was really young, so was Paul and his sister Patty. The only original is Kathryn and she's the same except the drinking back in those days and sleeping with stable boys. Good show or I wouldn't have stuck with it.

#57   2007/02/20 12:23PM
    Bellydancing...

I have watched this show off and on for so many years, I can't even really remember how long it has been. One of the scenes that I remember from wayyyy back that made an impression on me, was one of the pool parties, and Lauren was being a witch to Tracey. It's crazy, but part of me still dislikes Lauren for being so mean to Tracey! I always seem to like the underdog character.

#58   2007/02/20 12:27PM
    gommie

Quote Bellydancing_Fool: I have watched this show off and on for so many years, I can't even really remember how long it has been. One of the scenes that I remember from wayyyy back that made an impression on me, was one of the pool parties, and Lauren was being a witch to Tracey. It's crazy, but part of me still dislikes Lauren for being so mean to Tracey! I always seem to like the underdog character.

Yeah! and especially being mean to her at her own house..it was the abbott pool they used......

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list