List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: When did you start watching the show?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you start watching the show?

Started by Plot_Twister at 2007/02/19 01:49PM
    Latest post: 2007/02/25 06:58PM, Views: 3299, Replies: 105
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2007/02/20 05:54AM
    Re: When did you start watching the show?
    glowery

My bad, I hit the reply with qoute on the wrong reply. Someone else said there were 4 Brooks girls. Sorry

#42   2007/02/20 11:01AM
    de yandr fan

Quote gommie: I always enjoyed the Brooks girls...remember leslie and lori were both in love with lance...remember when Lori wrote the book "In My Sister's Shadow' about her relationship with Leslie?

Yes I do remember that. I have 4 sisters and that storyline was special to me. In my family we wouldn't dream of looking at each others man. But it was interesting how the sisters fell in love with the same man and fought over Lance. My oldest sister (we all watch) gave me a Y&R book a couple of years ago (" Y&R - Most Memorable Moments " ) and it details most of the storylines. I read it and I am like wow - whoa these writers are great. I've seen the plots about: Breast Cancer, Eating Disorders, Homeless People, Cosmetic Surgery, Date Rape, Illiteracy, Safe Sex, Alcolholism, Senior Rights, AIDS, and even Sexual Harassment. You go Y&R - continue to bring plots from real life situtations to us!!!!

#43   2007/02/20 11:09AM
    petgirl

The first episode I remember, I was in the second grade and I was on Christmas break and my babysitter and her three daughters watched faithfully. I remember there was a New Year's Eve party and Victor and Nikki were dancing. Now I watch with my ten year old daughter and she gets angry if I watch during the day instead of waiting in her to watch in the evening on Soapnet. She is soooo hooked.

#44   2007/02/20 11:15AM
    nyaccent

Quote glowery: Started watching from the beginning, but there were spans of time I didn't watch at all. And there have been a lot of story lines I have forgotten.

I do remember all three of the Brooks girls, even if I don't remember their names. One was a nurse in love with Snapper, one was a writer, and one was a pianist. The only thing that stands out in my mind about them was the one that played the piano was not very emotionaly stable. Wasn't Jill's Mother their housekeeper?

Then there was the Fosters, Jill the manicurist, Snapper the doctor, and Greg was alwyer wasn't he? At one time Greg was crazy about Nikki after she came to town to live with her sister Casey.

I thought Nikki was the one who joined the cult and Paul just pretended to join to try and get her out.

Man all that has been so long ago, it gives me a headache to even think that far back,

wow. I remember the cult also....I think it was Paul's dad who finally rescued them out from it.......

#45   2007/02/20 11:18AM
    941tx

Since the day It came on the air. Love the show, but some of the story lines are too transparent. Like Adrian being Massad agent for Israel.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2007/02/20 11:20AM
    #46   2007/02/20 11:21AM
    nyaccent

I also remember that Lauralee Bell was on the show when she was on breaks from school, she played a cousin of one of the photographers on the show.....year after year she just appeared during her time off from school....until she got old enough and then became a regular on the show....

I miss her!!!!!

I also miss the summer shows when they had the pool parties.... The young adults had parties instead of sex back then....or at least they didn't show it as much.

#47   2007/02/20 11:25AM
    Dacia

im pretty young (27) and live in Jamaica.

I started watching in the 90's when it started airing in Jamaica.

the first episode i saw was when Vicotr met Hope.

I love Y&R cause i tis the most sane and realistic soap.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list