List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: When did you start watching the show?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you start watching the show?

Started by Plot_Twister at 2007/02/19 01:49PM
    Latest post: 2007/02/25 06:58PM, Views: 3255, Replies: 105
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #31   2007/02/19 09:45PM
    Re: When did you start watching the show?
    Allisa

During the Foster/Brooks years. Of course I could only see it in the summer because I was a kid in school.

I remember when Kate Chancellowr (and yes some people called her Kate) got her facelift!

#32   2007/02/19 09:49PM
    OspreyGirl

I've been watching this show since I was 5...YES, 5 years old...I caught up during summer breaks from school, but my mom would fill me in if she was home about what happened everyday. I used to follow all of the CBS soaps, then that changed as a I got older when I narrowed it down to two--Y&R and whatever came on after it (Capitol, B&B, etc)..lol...

Allisa that's so funny...I remember when she got her facelift too, I was like...okay, is she new, where's Katherine? LOL...I remember the Carl Williams days, Patty running away, Ashley's abortion, Victor meeting Nikki at the Bayou, Jill having an affair with Jack while married to John, Tracy vs Lauren vs Cricket=all trying to get Danny Romaloti, etc etc etc...

#33   2007/02/20 02:42AM
    Watching Sin...

Great Thread! All these old memories. Sometimes I left for awhile but always came back. I remember in 1989 I went through Hurricane Hugo then no tv for 3 months. My sister inlaw faithfully tape the Y&R and sent it to me. Wish I had kept those tapes now! It's vague but I remember Katherine drinking and Philip Chancalor(?). Jill's mother was Katherine's housekeeper then. Jill had two brothers. Wasn't Snapper married to Nikki at one time? I remember three sisters in the Brooks family. The father was a publisher, newspapers or something. Victor keeping Julia's boyfriend in the bomb shelter. Casey, NIkki's sister was the doctor on the show. Kathrine's face lift was such a big deal. She has always been one of my favorites. I really liked when she had the look alike lady kidnap her (yes another kidnapping) and was after her money! Col. Austin Victor's sidekick, and do you remember Mitchel Sherman....everybody's lawyer! Keep the memories coming this is great!

#34   2007/02/20 03:33AM
    Kasha

There were actually 4 Brooks daughters: Leslie--she was the muscian and ended up being a bit "highstrung"(had amnesia at one point), Chris who was married to Snapper Foster(Elisabeth's son and Jill's brother), Lori --the author and the baby of the family Peggy. I loved the story lines with Lance and Lori and Leslie and Lucas.
    I am still such a huge fan of Nikki's and Lauren's because I have grown up with them! I have seen their characters go from late teens to oooops--we won't go there.
    Remember Esther had a baby--Kathleen? whatever happened to that kiddo--she should be in her 20's by now, surprised they never brought her back.
    I really enjoy the longest playing characters so much. It's like family after all these years.

#35   2007/02/20 05:25AM
    glowery

Quote Watching Since 1973.: Great Thread! All these old memories. Sometimes I left for awhile but always came back. I remember in 1989 I went through Hurricane Hugo then no tv for 3 months. My sister inlaw faithfully tape the Y&R and sent it to me. Wish I had kept those tapes now! It's vague but I remember Katherine drinking and Philip Chancalor(?). Jill's mother was Katherine's housekeeper then. Jill had two brothers. Wasn't Snapper married to Nikki at one time? I remember three sisters in the Brooks family. The father was a publisher, newspapers or something. Victor keeping Julia's boyfriend in the bomb shelter. Casey, NIkki's sister was the doctor on the show. Kathrine's face lift was such a big deal. She has always been one of my favorites. I really liked when she had the look alike lady kidnap her (yes another kidnapping) and was after her money! Col. Austin Victor's sidekick, and do you remember Mitchel Sherman....everybody's lawyer! Keep the memories coming this is great!

Wow I don't remember the 4th daughter at all. with her being the youngest did she spend a lot of time at boarding school? That's where they send most of the kids on the soaps to get them out of their hair

#36   2007/02/20 05:28AM
    glowery

Quote Plot_Twister: I remember the facelift too. I remember it being like this huge deal, because she was doing it in real life and they made it a part of the show. Bravo all the way around. Y&R has always been cutting edge. That is one of the things I like about it.

If you remember they showed her actual face lift surgery as an episode of the show. After I saw that I knew I would never have one, not that I was ever planning on it.

#37   2007/02/20 05:35AM
    Watching Sin...

I said I only remember 3 sister in the Brooks family. It's kind of vague. I do remember Kathrine's face lift on screen. Glad she is aging gracefully on screen now.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/02/20 05:38AM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list