List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: When did you start watching the show?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you start watching the show?

Started by Plot_Twister at 2007/02/19 01:49PM
    Latest post: 2007/02/25 06:58PM, Views: 3168, Replies: 105
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #21   2007/02/19 05:00PM
    Re: When did you start watching the show?
    CandyLane5

wow I didnt remember an abortion how sad....

#22   2007/02/19 08:23PM
    gommie

I always enjoyed the Brooks girls...remember leslie and lori were both in love with lance...remember when Lori wrote the book "In My Sister's Shadow' about her relationship with Leslie?

#23   2007/02/19 08:24PM
    gommie

Quote KeepingItReal: When Victor locked up his wife boyfriend int he cellar.

yes, michael scott-maybe?

#24   2007/02/19 08:25PM
    gommie

Quote Plot_Twister:
    Quote gommie: I started day one..don't recall when that was-when the Fosters/Brooks were the mainstay families

I vaugely remember the fosters...only because of Jill and Snapper. I dont remember when Katherine was an all out drunk, and I only know Lori Brooks b/c she was back on a few years back.

Oh wow-you are lucky-those were rough times with katherine-

#25   2007/02/19 08:56PM
    SueQ

Quote Plot_Twister: if you think cricket and paul were annoying you should have seen cricket when she was a model. Then decided she was going to go to law school. She was a lawyer in like 3 months or something ridiculous.

I remember Nina being involved with Phillip (or not Phillip whatever) and selling her baby to the actress who used to play sally spectra. That was a good one too.

i rember nina and sally spectra... did you know that she died of stomache cancer in January???

#26   2007/02/19 09:02PM
    nyaccent

Quote Kasha: What a great thread! What great memories this brings back!

I started watching in 1977, I was in college and had never been into soaps before, but everyday when grabbing lunch, it would be on tv in my residential hall. I got hooked.
    When my kids were born, they watched it with me as a part of the day--just like Sesame Street. In fact, they used to call Y&R-- Jack and Danny! LOL

BTW-I loved the Brooks and Fosters sagas. I still think those were some of the best stories. My husband still remembers when Victor had Julia's BF locked up in the bomb shelter and still jokes about that, but now that he is retired--he even tapes the show for me when I'm not home to watch it!
    Great memories from Y&R!

How cute ---what your kids called the show.....

It seems alot of us have been watching for a very long time....They Victor, Julia boyfriend saga is what sticks in my mind the most also......

#27   2007/02/19 09:04PM
    nyaccent

Quote Plot_Twister: My husband used to pretend that he didnt know what was happening. He was on Second shift and I would have my stories on. Then one day I was talking to a friend about the then current victor/Jack fued and Hubby pipes in with "Victors the man.... " and proceeded to tell us both why for about 5 minutes until he realized he just busted himself lol

So funny..........

#28   2007/02/19 09:05PM
    nyaccent

Quote mll1206: The show started during my Sophmore and Junior year....I had the biggest crust on Willima Gray Espy....I was so excited when he came on Another World even when he was a bad guy!!!!

Yep, I liked William also......and then he was replaced by David Hasselhoff.....

The actor who played Greg was good looking also....

#29   2007/02/19 09:15PM
    glowery

Started watching from the beginning, but there were spans of time I didn't watch at all. And there have been a lot of story lines I have forgotten.

I do remember all three of the Brooks girls, even if I don't remember their names. One was a nurse in love with Snapper, one was a writer, and one was a pianist. The only thing that stands out in my mind about them was the one that played the piano was not very emotionaly stable. Wasn't Jill's Mother their housekeeper?

Then there was the Fosters, Jill the manicurist, Snapper the doctor, and Greg was alwyer wasn't he? At one time Greg was crazy about Nikki after she came to town to live with her sister Casey.

I thought Nikki was the one who joined the cult and Paul just pretended to join to try and get her out.

Man all that has been so long ago, it gives me a headache to even think that far back,

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list