List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Y&R Writers need a wake up call!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Y&R Writers need a wake up call!

Started by ohiogurl73 at 2009/09/29 12:53PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/30 07:39AM, Views: 1598, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/29 12:53PM
    Y&R Writers need a wake up call!
    ohiogurl73

Ok, it seems to me that Y&R writers must be really secure with the writing of the shows. Because they are not paying attention to the loyal fans that keep them in a job. I think the only way the writers are going to see things in a different light is to simply stop watching Y&R. When the ratings drop significantly, because without the viewers there is no show. I have been watching for 30 yrs, since I was a little girl because my mom was a huge fan from day 1. The writers are loosing viewers, because of the CRAZY writing. If they need to see how to write a good Y&R script, let's go back about 20 yrs. See how the writing was. Bottom line, if the writers don't listen to the viewers, they will eventually will be out of jobs. WAKE UP & LISTEN TO THE VIEWERS, OUR OPPINION COUNTS!!!

#2   2009/09/29 01:15PM
    Re: Y&R Writers need a wake up call!
    Jimi

[quote]Quote ohiogurl73: Ok, it seems to me that Y&R writers must be really secure with the writing of the shows. Because they are not paying attention to the loyal fans that keep them in a job. I think the only way the writers are going to see things in a different light is to simply stop watching Y&R. When the ratings drop significantly, because without the viewers there is no show. I have been watching for 30 yrs, since I was a little girl because my mom was a huge fan from day 1. The writers are loosing viewers, because of the CRAZY writing. If they need to see how to write a good Y&R sshe could make cript, let's go back about 20 yrs. See how the writing was. Bottom line, if tkilling offhe writers don't listen to the viewers, they will eventually will be out of jobs. WAKE UP & LISTEN TO THE VIEWERS, OUR OPPINION COUNTS!!! [/quote]

[quote] ITA! I've been a viewer since the eand am
    sick and tired of these stupid s/l's.There's no common-
    sense anymore with these so-writers.They need a wake-up
    call. I saw no sense killing off colleen. At least if she
    had another "gig" she could make guest appearances. I have
    a big problem with victor getting colleen's heart. No. 1
    colleen hated victor and No 2 he's too old to get such a
    young and beautiful heart. Time for him to go!!! [quote]

#3   2009/09/29 02:01PM
    Free Forever

.... they must hace changed the writers ... or they are on DRUGS ... the story lines are just pathetic ... like how stupid can some people be ... and this new story line with the Sharon-Ashley baby-switch is just too far-fetched ... i hate everything about it ...... and watch only once a week now and many of my friends (loyal Y & R watchers) have given up all together ... do they even read the post from the viewers ?????????? if they did they would see they are way off base with most story lines ... it sickens me to think my beloved soap has gone so bazaar it's RIDICULOUS ... I HATE IT !!!! AND IT GETS MORE BAZZAR EVERY WEEK - BEYOND BELIEF .....

#4   2009/09/29 03:38PM
    jbsoaps

I tried watching today
    However, I saw Ashley in the hospital with Adam and Dr. Taylor; I had to turn the channel.

Yes, I saw Nikki's great scene as a preview on this site.

So, the writers are pitiful. We got great acting out of most of the cast because the writers killed off another friend.

Go to COMING AND GOING - Now, they say Victor is leaving. Looks like I will be changing the channel a lot more in the future. I LOVE ERIC. HE IS A GREAT ACTOR.

#5   2009/09/29 03:53PM
    gommie

I think they are blowing their minds trying to make the s/ls as despicable and revolting as possible...everything reaches a point when it is 'too much' sometimes the simplest things like kay and murphys romance and relationship can be very uplifting and welcomed--- they need to think in simpler terms maybe

#6   2009/09/29 04:09PM
    BB43

[quote]Quote Jimi: [quote]Quote ohiogurl73: Ok, it seems to me that Y&R writers must be really secure with the writing of the shows. Because they are not paying attention to the loyal fans that keep them in a job. I think the only way the writers are going to see things in a different light is to simply stop watching Y&R. When the ratings drop significantly, because without the viewers there is no show. I have been watching for 30 yrs, since I was a little girl because my mom was a huge fan from day 1. The writers are loosing viewers, because of the CRAZY writing. If they need to see how to write a good Y&R sshe could make cript, let's go back about 20 yrs. See how the writing was. Bottom line, if tkilling offhe writers don't listen to the viewers, they will eventually will be out of jobs. WAKE UP & LISTEN TO THE VIEWERS, OUR OPPINION COUNTS!!! [/quote]

[quote] ITA! I've been a viewer since the eand am
    sick and tired of these stupid s/l's.There's no common-
    sense anymore with these so-writers.They need a wake-up
    call. I saw no sense killing off colleen. At least if she
    had another "gig" she could make guest appearances. I have
    a big problem with victor getting colleen's heart. No. 1
    colleen hated victor and No 2 he's too old to get such a
    young and beautiful heart. Time for him to go!!! [quote][/quote]

#7   2009/09/29 04:13PM
    BB43

I like Victor and I hope the writers keep him. They wrote John Abbott off, should of kept him too. Brad is another example. Let them move a way but not write them off.

#8   2009/09/29 04:14PM
    Debrajo

Sadly I don't think the writers care what any of us like.

#9   2009/09/30 05:45AM
    Free Forever

Quote Debrajo: Sadly I don't think the writers care what any of us like.

... most of the story-lines are just too too far-fetched ... and if they don't listen to the viewers (loyal fan since it started) - they may just find themselves out of a job ... i for one will not be watching the Y & R again ... as if they could trade babies in a hospital and get away with it ... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PATHETIC - JUST PATHETIC .... THE SHOW IS TOTALLY RUINED AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG WHILE ........

#10   2009/09/30 06:52AM
    gramie

The baby switch thing has been done and redone like a yesterdays warmed up stew. time for some new and original ideas. I think they are trying to kill the soaps with all this bad writing. The show will never be the same without Victor Newman. The actors and Actresses on G&L all took pay cuts too but it didn't save that show and I fear it will not save Y&R because some idiot up stairs has already decided to cancel the soaps.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list