List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Question about the character of Adam Newman

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Question about the character of Adam Newman

Started by CHATTERBOX22 at 2009/09/04 07:38AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/06 11:53AM, Views: 1315, Replies: 20
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/04 07:38AM
    Question about the character of Adam Newman
    CHATTERBOX22

Is it me or have the writers completely destroyed the character of Adam. In the beginning he was a smart and a little over ambitious businessman. He had excellent credentials from Harvard and was determined to succeed. Sure he played a little dirty but it was always business. Now they have made Adam's character completely coo coo and viscous. I would have rather seen him go work for another company and compete with Newman and bring Victor's empire business down using his brains not like this. What do you think.

#2   2009/09/04 07:44AM
    Re: Question about the character of Adam Newman
    SuziDecorator

I, too, have been disgusted at the way they've written the Adam character and I honestly don't see a way for him to be redeemed. Keep hoping he is a fake Adam and the real one will show up and be a good guy. Seems the writers are wanting to show him doing some soul searching and regretting some of his actions - but for me, he can regret all he wants to..... in prison!

#3   2009/09/04 07:48AM
    CHATTERBOX22

Quote SuziDecorator: I, too, have been disgusted at the way they've written the Adam character and I honestly don't see a way for him to be redeemed. Keep hoping he is a fake Adam and the real one will show up and be a good guy. Seems the writers are wanting to show him doing some soul searching and regretting some of his actions - but for me, he can regret all he wants to..... in prison!

Yes in prison is where he belongs. But so does his Dad.

#4   2009/09/04 08:08AM
    Leel

Quote CHATTERBOX22: Is it me or have the writers completely destroyed the character of Adam. In the beginning he was a smart and a little over ambitious businessman. He had excellent credentials from Harvard and was determined to succeed. Sure he played a little dirty but it was always business. Now they have made Adam's character completely coo coo and viscous. I would have rather seen him go work for another company and compete with Newman and bring Victor's empire business down using his brains not like this. What do you think.

It's not just you. The writers have painted Adam in a corner he will never get out of. As far as I'm concerned, he long ago reached the point of no return. He belongs in an asylum for the criminally insane. If the writers try to rewrite his horrible character, it will not wash. If he was removed from the scene, I don't believe anyone would miss him. Good actor but rotten character.

#5   2009/09/04 08:12AM
    lovinthesoaps

I agree... they have changed the character so much since he first came to GC! And you are right... they should have made him ruthless in business. He could have given Victor AND Jack a run for their money. I loved Adam in the beginning, he was new and something that was needed in the Newman family circle. He was Hope's son but actually shows no piece of her?! I am so sad to see how he has developed!

#6   2009/09/04 08:19AM
    Leel

Quote SuziDecorator: I, too, have been disgusted at the way they've written the Adam character and I honestly don't see a way for him to be redeemed. Keep hoping he is a fake Adam and the real one will show up and be a good guy. Seems the writers are wanting to show him doing some soul searching and regretting some of his actions - but for me, he can regret all he wants to..... in prison!

Exactly. Soul searching? What soul? The writers have written a hopelessly flawed character. His evil duplicity in Ashley's carrying a deceased fetus sealed the deal for him for good.

#7   2009/09/04 10:19AM
    Deerwood

Quote CHATTERBOX22: Is it me or have the writers completely destroyed the character of Adam. In the beginning he was a smart and a little over ambitious businessman. He had excellent credentials from Harvard and was determined to succeed. Sure he played a little dirty but it was always business. Now they have made Adam's character completely coo coo and viscous. I would have rather seen him go work for another company and compete with Newman and bring Victor's empire business down using his brains not like this. What do you think.

I know... I'm sick to death of Adam and Ashley..... what the heck is wrong with everyone. Spomeone goes to shake hands with Adama and he is right there.... no blind boy.... everyone else seems to be blind. I'm kinda getting tired of Y&R's story involving Ashley and Adam. They should move on to something else. Like.... Ashley and Adam in a car and it going off a cliff. Not to worry about losing baby....BABY IS GONE and she is toooooooo stupid to figure it out.

#8   2009/09/04 10:36AM
    puddycat

Glad you opened this thread, Chatter. I was thinking about this yesterday after watching the epi. I believe he is more messed up in the noggin than poor Ashley. They have twisted his character around so much that it is hard to believe he was the little boy that Hope brought up on the farm and all the achievements he reached on his own, such, as you said, Harvard, successful business man, etc.

I think he will do anything to hurt Victor and he is playing both sides - - trying to hurt Ashley to get to Victor and now convincing Victor he is helping Ashley.

Oh well, now that Billy has carried her away like a knight in shining armor, he has nobody to "play" with.

Guess it's time for him to slip that ankle device off his leg again and go prowling and stumbling around again with his "blindness"?

I am really glad the CE left because somehow I just can't see him playing this evil part - - he was too sweet looking!

#9   2009/09/04 01:01PM
    janeh

Quote puddycat: Glad you opened this thread, Chatter. I was thinking about this yesterday after watching the epi. I believe he is more messed up in the noggin than poor Ashley. They have twisted his character around so much that it is hard to believe he was the little boy that Hope brought up on the farm and all the achievements he reached on his own, such, as you said, Harvard, successful business man, etc.

I think he will do anything to hurt Victor and he is playing both sides - - trying to hurt Ashley to get to Victor and now convincing Victor he is helping Ashley.

Oh well, now that Billy has carried her away like a knight in shining armor, he has nobody to "play" with.

Guess it's time for him to slip that ankle device off his leg again and go prowling and stumbling around again with his "blindness"?

I am really glad the CE left because somehow I just can't see him playing this evil part - - he was too sweet looking!

he can't go down any futher.this is the end for him

#10   2009/09/04 01:34PM
    MadelynB

I don't think you should feel alone either. I have long since posted that I felt the writers boxed themselves into a corner on this one. I agree with you and feel they had every opportunity to develop the character of Adam into a worthy adversary for Victor. Both Victor and Adam are devious and crafty. Victor has always been a driving force in the storylines of this show but Victor won't be around forever. It's unknown what, if any logic the writers used in this storyline other than perhaps to give karma to Victor and have him suffer devious and crafty acts as he has done on others. If so, this point was long ago made and the storyline should have ended months ago. Now they have Adam also being portrayed as criminal. What a waste. IMO, he has no redeemable qualities.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list