List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: About Bryton...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

About Bryton...

Started by twocentsworth at 2009/08/31 04:35PM
    Latest post: 2009/08/31 05:16PM, Views: 3542, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2009/08/31 04:35PM
    About Bryton...
    twocentsworth

While watching the Emmy's show last night for daytime awards, the star that portrays character of "Devon" was nominated...I thought his name was Bryton McClure, yet his name was announced as "Bryton James"...did he change it or is James a middle name? And, wasn't there a point he went with a single name like Cher, Roseanne, or Prince or Madonna? Doesn't the opening credits on Y&R currently have just the single name, "Bryton"...? Just wondering...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/08/31 04:42PM
    #2   2009/08/31 04:39PM
    Re: About Bryton...
    Luski

Two, according to Wikipedia, Bryton's name is Bryton Eric McClure. It also says he goes by Bryton, Bryton McClure and/or Bryton James. Hope this helps.

#3   2009/08/31 04:47PM
    twocentsworth

Quote Luski: Two, according to Wikipedia, Bryton's name is Bryton Eric McClure. It also says he goes by Bryton, Bryton McClure and/or Bryton James. Hope this helps.

Thanks Luski, wonder why so many names?...guess when he marries his wife will take: Mrs. Bryton?? Gee, first name like the last name...Opposite of Murphy's name on here, he's called by his last name with his first name being Patrick...but, I don't think anyone ever calls Katherine, "Mrs. Murphy"...

#4   2009/08/31 04:50PM
    Luski

You're welcome, Two. I remember when Bryton was on Family Matters and he went by Bryton McClure. I just call him Devon. It is less confusing for my brain!! LOL

#5   2009/08/31 04:53PM
    seattlegirl

Bryton posted on another site and people weren't sure if it was really him or not. He came to post to explain to people that he is in fact going by the name James now. That is true as that is the name on the credits now. He had some family issues and dropped McClure and just went by his first name for awhile. Now he is legally going by his step fathers last name. No matter what name you put on him he is one very talented actor.

#6   2009/08/31 04:54PM
    twocentsworth

Quote seattlegirl: Bryton posted on another site and people weren't sure if it was really him or not. He came to post to explain to people that he is in fact going by the name James now. That is true as that is the name on the credits now. He had some family issues and dropped McClure and just went by his first name for awhile. Now he is legally going by his step fathers last name. No matter what name you put on him he is one very talented actor.

Great explanation and thank you Seattlegirl...

#7   2009/08/31 04:55PM
    Luski

Quote seattlegirl: Bryton posted on another site and people weren't sure if it was really him or not. He came to post to explain to people that he is in fact going by the name James now. That is true as that is the name on the credits now. He had some family issues and dropped McClure and just went by his first name for awhile. Now he is legally going by his step fathers last name. No matter what name you put on him he is one very talented actor.

Thanks for the info, seattlegirl. ITA about Bryton. He is definitely one of the rising stars in daytime.

#8   2009/08/31 04:58PM
    twocentsworth

Quote Luski:

Thanks for the info, seattlegirl. ITA about Bryton. He is definitely one of the rising stars in daytime.

Ditto...I think he's an asset to the show...would be great if his s/l could have him search out who his father is...

#9   2009/08/31 05:16PM
    seattlegirl

You're welcome. I thought it was nice to have him come on the other site to tell everyone what was going on. I'm sure having to explain things is hard and tiring for him.

Let's hope we get to see him in a good s/l soon.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list