List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Old Adam??

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Old Adam??

Started by CoCoNut4U at 2009/06/30 07:44AM
    Latest post: 2009/06/30 09:09AM, Views: 1789, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2009/06/30 07:44AM
    Old Adam??
    CoCoNut4U

Does anyone know why the Old Adam was knocked off the show???
    I really liked him better........Not crazy about this new one!.....He just don't have the Carisma as the old one did..........Bring him back!!!

#2   2009/06/30 08:03AM
    Re: Old Adam??
    LKGF

RUMOR has it that CE did not want to play a gay man, or play this gay s/l and walked out. There is also rumor that TPTB are suing him for breach of contract...

Personally, I haven't decided about the new guy, and I do miss Skippy, took me a while to get used to him but he became Adam for me. And the new actor seems to be doing a fine job, I got the distinct impression that "Adam" (cuz the new guy's just NOT a Skippy) was even more disgusted with his behaviour with Rafe then all of the viewing audience put together. He just seemed totally grossed about about the line he had crossed, knowing he had gone TOO FAR, and showered and called Heather... I know we don't need to see the details of this relationship, but I could not help but wonder if he was done by Rafe or the other way around. Leaving it to my imagination, and the way he was acting so tortured, well it actually made me wonder about things I just don't usually wonder about!!!!

#3   2009/06/30 08:19AM
    carlotta1960

IMHO, I think that CE quit because he did not want to do THIS s/l. He was not opposed to playing a gay man, but was opposed to playing a straight man PRETENDING to be gay to trick a gay man. If you read his statement he talks about having a lot of respect for gays he knows. I personally do not like gay s/l and have personal beliefs in opposition to that lifestyle but having said that, I am horrified at the abuse/use of a gay character at the hands of a straight conman!

#4   2009/06/30 09:06AM
    aprlmxn

Quote carlotta1960: IMHO, I think that CE quit because he did not want to do THIS s/l. He was not opposed to playing a gay man, but was opposed to playing a straight man PRETENDING to be gay to trick a gay man. If you read his statement he talks about having a lot of respect for gays he knows. I personally do not like gay s/l and have personal beliefs in opposition to that lifestyle but having said that, I am horrified at the abuse/use of a gay character at the hands of a straight conman!

I agree. I am not gay but I find this idea of a straight person pretending to be gay to "con" someone who is as being very disrespectful to gay people. A truly gay story line is one thing but a "pretend" story is just rude.

#5   2009/06/30 09:09AM
    Candace

He left due to creative differences.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list