List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I was wondering...(Cassie's death)..

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I was wondering...(Cassie's death)..

Started by Aspiringactor2b at 2009/05/03 01:44PM
    Latest post: 2009/05/03 03:01PM, Views: 1443, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2009/05/03 01:44PM
    I was wondering...(Cassie's death)..
    Aspiringactor2b

Yeah I was wondering why they killed Cassie off. I mean usually, from wathcing current and past soap operas, when it comes to the young cast members they usually just write them off the show usually, some temp. and some indefinitely, by having them go to boarding school or something like they did Chloe. So was there a reason SPECIFICALLY as to why they killed her off and if she requested the leave of the show. I believe that if Cassie was still alive she would make the lives of Sharon and Nick a little bit more oriented. I know that life isn't even this way but as least if Sharon was dumped by everyone in her life, either by other marriages,son choosing girlfriend over mom act, BF fall off a cliff, the freezing in the pond of ex-lover and confidant; if Sharon had lost everyone who she held close to her and in high regards then at least she could still have some kind of happiness and joy in hr life in which Cassie would bring. I highly think that Cassie would act the way Noah is but would be more like Victoria with her mom is always right and her sometiming we cool dad attitude. Can anyone shed any light on this? And please feel free to leave your comments if you wish>>>>>>

#2   2009/05/03 01:55PM
    Re: I was wondering...(Cassie's death)..
    clicquot1

I think it was probably a combo of the actress wanting to pursue other avenues and TPTB WANTED to breal NICK & SHARON(read happy couple) up they had been married for 10 years and gone thru soooooo much. Many couples suffer the tragedy of a child dying at a young age, with one parent blaming themselves. Sometimes in real life they stay together, most ot the time they split up, some even reunite like Adam Walsh's parents did. Anyway TPTB wanted to separate them so, Nick and red-head had an affair, got pregnantand are currently married. What do TPTB have coming next, stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be a long hot summer.

#3   2009/05/03 02:00PM
    maciegirl

Quote clicquot1: I think it was probably a combo of the actress wanting to pursue other avenues and TPTB WANTED to breal NICK & SHARON(read happy couple) up they had been married for 10 years and gone thru soooooo much. Many couples suffer the tragedy of a child dying at a young age, with one parent blaming themselves. Sometimes in real life they stay together, most ot the time they split up, some even reunite like Adam Walsh's parents did. Anyway TPTB wanted to separate them so, Nick and red-head had an affair, got pregnantand are currently married. What do TPTB have coming next, stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be a long hot summer.

I also read in a SC interview that they had been married for 10 years and that's why the writers wanted to break them up. I guess no one stays happily married on any soap for too many years. Except many years ago,(Chris & Nancy Hughes ATWT.) is one I can name. With a new era now, I doubt we'll ever see that again.

#4   2009/05/03 02:17PM
    Aspiringactor2b

Thanks clicquot1 I bet it will be a hot and long summer. I just hope that they refresh us with something new instead of the same stuff all year round. I'm really ready to start watching Y&R and any soap at that without knowing what's going to happen. This has nothing to do with spoilers I'm just saying that us viewers are basically always revealing what's next for the soap world and even though that's fun to do I like to be surprised to. So I'm just hoping that some day soon the soapland will get a big shaken up like never before man. Now that would be TELEVISION. Lol jk.

#5   2009/05/03 02:38PM
    clicquot1

Thank you aspiringactor2b I do like to speculate and I try to keep most of my posts light and humorous. It's fun to look for clues and subleties in the characters BUT this whole "SCHICK & PHICK is tiresome because people on both sides say such bad things about "characters". I'm far from perfect I'm just wondering if we can ratchet it down some. All the characters pretty much have done some terrible things like murder, attempted-murder, blackmail, robbery, cheating on spouse, sleeping with multiple partners(Sharon IS NOT ONLY ONE), cutting up a paramour of husband's lingerie(Phyllis is not the ONLY one here),cheating on boyfriend/girlfriend, getting pregnant b4 marriage & initially name the wrong babby daddy & breaking up a favorite couple(Chloe is NOT the ONLY one here), lying,corporate espionage, child abuse, and escalating REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The only innocents so far are the kids(Fen & Summer & the unborns). Oh and Murph, Rose, Rafe and Ed, because they don't have a backstory yet. I love Mrs. Murphy but back in the day she had her share of some unsavory choices. These are characters, lets ENJOY them...................

#6   2009/05/03 03:01PM
    Aspiringactor2b

Lol yeah I most definitely will enjoy the characters. And even though this is a Cassie thread I just have to say this since you mentioned the Phick combo. I am so sick and tired, VERY SICK AND TIRED, always trying to use Summer as a crutch when her and Nick are having problems to keep him to stay with her. This crap is so overated and Phyllis really, I mean really needs to get a life and get over the fact that no matter what Nick and Sharon say they will never be over each other no matter how big of a front they put on. So Phyllis have to get over and leave Summer out of their problems. And if she is that concerned about Nick leaving him and his "DAUGHTER" then she should have thought of that when she was seducing him away from Sharon where Cassie was concerned. What comes around comes around and slowly but surely Phyllis will see that. I thought I'd share that since you mentioned the Phick combo.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list