List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Spin off spoilery

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Spin off spoilery

Started by aerinha at 2013/01/11 05:31PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/10 11:50AM, Views: 2147, Replies: 41
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2013/01/18 12:32PM
    Re: Spin off spoilery
    XPac

Quote aerinha: I like Diairies, but often get bothered by Julie's writing as it ignores real character growth. Doubt I'll watch the new show. I like Elijah, liked Klaus as a villain, but thebOriginals have clogged up Diaires for so long I sort of resent them.

I don't see a whole show of beings who can never be beaten being interesting. Where is the struggle? The danger?

I also don't like knowing that Kalus and Rebekah won't pay for killing Jenna, killing Elena and tormenting everyone since season two. It is unsatisfying for me not to see the antagonists get theirs and the protagonists not triumph over them.

Spinning them off season three would have worked for me, but now

I think I need to avoid JP shows once Diairies ends.

I think this show sort of HAS to give vampires a free pass as long as they end up turning good. Because otherwise you have to give Stefan and Damon consequences for their actions too.

A lot of main cast members have done some pretty shady stuff on this show. Even Saint Stefan killed Andie, for no reason other than to send Damon a message.

#12   2013/01/18 02:17PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote Bricole: I think Klaus and Rebecca are great additions to VD. I'm not sure the show would benefit by removing these two characters. I was thrilled to see Rebecca return. Would like to see Matt and Rebecca fall in love. I think removing the originals from VD at this point would be mistake. To me, one group is dependent on the other. The best part about Klaus is his interaction with the current group. Also liked Elijah and want him to have a bigger role in both or either show. I will give the spinoff a chance but don't think I would watch it. I just don't watch a lot of tv. I pick 4 shows to record and that's it: Days of our Lives, VD, game of thrones, Spartacus. The latter 2 aren't usually shown in the same season.

I think your right Bricole,

I feel the originals have become a very big part of the show and I really like them.

I will give the spin off a chance.

Matt and Rebecca love them together too!

#13   2013/01/18 06:22PM
    aerinha

I guess this is the difference I draw. Stefan, Damon and Elena are the main characters, the Originals do bad things to them so that makes them the villains. They find a way to make Elena pay for any bit of spirit she shows, Stefan wasn't really to blame for what he did because Klais got him hooked on blood again even before compulsion and yes Damon was the villain of season one, they redeemed hi,. But then every bad vamp can't be redeemed, how many times can they show that same story?

So much of Diaires has gone to Kalus and Rebekah tormenting people for no real reason I just finally want to see them pay for what they have done on screen.

For me the best eps in awhile were the ones whille Rebekah was daggered and gone, and Klais was at a minimum because the core characters took center stage and life was their angst not unbeatable villains that always get their way.

#14   2013/01/19 04:16AM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: I guess this is the difference I draw. Stefan, Damon and Elena are the main characters, the Originals do bad things to them so that makes them the villains. They find a way to make Elena pay for any bit of spirit she shows, Stefan wasn't really to blame for what he did because Klais got him hooked on blood again even before compulsion and yes Damon was the villain of season one, they redeemed hi,. But then every bad vamp can't be redeemed, how many times can they show that same story?

So much of Diaires has gone to Kalus and Rebekah tormenting people for no real reason I just finally want to see them pay for what they have done on screen.

For me the best eps in awhile were the ones whille Rebekah was daggered and gone, and Klais was at a minimum because the core characters took center stage and life was their angst not unbeatable villains that always get their way.

Yeah, but IF Klaus ends up getting his how show then he'll be a main character and they're going to have to redeem him too.

I think it might be too hard to have a show about evil villainous Klaus. Even though he's kind of cool as a villain, I think that might turn off some people. I think they kind of HAVE to redeem him.

But that might not apply to the other originals. They can likely kill of Kol. Rebekah can go either way. I could see her being redeemed, or I could see her being killed, or I can even see her being cured.

#15   2013/01/19 06:00AM
    aerinha

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha: I guess this is the difference I draw. Stefan, Damon and Elena are the main characters, the Originals do bad things to them so that makes them the villains. They find a way to make Elena pay for any bit of spirit she shows, Stefan wasn't really to blame for what he did because Klais got him hooked on blood again even before compulsion and yes Damon was the villain of season one, they redeemed hi,. But then every bad vamp can't be redeemed, how many times can they show that same story?

Yeah, but IF Klaus ends up getting his how show then he'll be a main character and they're going to have to redeem him too.

I think it might be too hard to have a show about evil villainous Klaus. Even though he's kind of cool as a villain, I think that might turn off some people. I think they kind of HAVE to redeem him.

But that might not apply to the other originals. They can likely kill of Kol. Rebekah can go either way. I could see her being redeemed, or I could see her being killed, or I can even see her being cured.

I do wonder how Klaus will star in a show if no one can ever beat him. Pretty much means we'll know the outcome every challenge he faces. I would think they'll have to do something to him so his life can be in danger on the new show.

Everyone seems to think he'll exit Diaries before season's end because of the new show, but shows film over the summer, so he could stick around all this year.

I'm wondering if Elijah will be in the new show. One thing said his medical show got cancelled in the US, but another said Canada picked it up for another season. He won't be in it much if he's a main character elsewhere.

Although the description they put out of the casting call for the show doesn't sound like the Originals will be much of the focus. It's a bunch of college age women who are witches and researchers.

#16   2013/01/19 07:56AM
    XPac

That's actually a really good point. As far as we know, Klaus is arguably the physically most powerful most unkillable being on the planet. Aside from uber charged witches and a single steak, nothing can slow this guy down.

It's possible that Silas can potentially lead to another level of uber characters which are even more powerful than the Originals. Or maybe they'll depower Klaus a bit to make him a more workable character.

Rebekah did say she wants to cure him. That would leave him as just a werewolf. That's one way to go I suppose.

#17   2013/01/19 10:32AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac: That's actually a really good point. As far as we know, Klaus is arguably the physically most powerful most unkillable being on the planet. Aside from uber charged witches and a single steak, nothing can slow this guy down.

It's possible that Silas can potentially lead to another level of uber characters which are even more powerful than the Originals. Or maybe they'll depower Klaus a bit to make him a more workable character.

Rebekah did say she wants to cure him. That would leave him as just a werewolf. That's one way to go I suppose.

Klaus being just a werewolf would be interesting.
    He would have to come to terms not being as strong and powerful as he used go be. That won't be easy for him.

Will he have to change every full moon?

#18   2013/01/21 01:00PM
    AdrianeG

Quote dairymaid: There has been speculation that Phoebe Tonkin's character "Hayley" maybe related to Klaus because Klaus' father was a werewolf. That may be why she will be on the spinoff show. I also think that many of the vampire diaries characters will be guest stars on the spinoff show and visa versa which is why they are creating the show.

I would much rather Hayley be another sister than a love interest.

#19   2013/01/21 02:36PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote dairymaid: There has been speculation that Phoebe Tonkin's character "Hayley" maybe related to Klaus because Klaus' father was a werewolf. That may be why she will be on the spinoff show. I also think that many of the vampire diaries characters will be guest stars on the spinoff show and visa versa which is why they are creating the show.

I would much rather Hayley be another sister than a love interest.

Me too!

#20   2013/01/22 07:02PM
    AdrianeG

If Klaus and the originals are going to have their own show does that mean at the end of this season they will leave town and move on? If so I think Rebecca will stay behind, this way the originals will have a reason to return. In order for her to stay I think JP will give her a love interest. Since her and Stephan are going to be partners, I think it will be him. He is one of the main characters of the show and it will give him an excuse to go with Rebecca to see the Originals on the Spinoff. Then they can all work together to fight an enemy once and a while.

Good news for me since Klaus/Kol and Damon/Rebecca/Stephan/Elena are my fav's and I will have reason to watch both shows.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/22 07:05PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list