List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Spin off spoilery

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Spin off spoilery

Started by aerinha at 2013/01/11 05:31PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/10 11:50AM, Views: 2196, Replies: 41
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2013/01/11 05:31PM
    Spin off spoilery
    aerinha

The CW wants to try a show about the Originals which pretty much means they all survive this season of Diaries. The character are popular for all that they have nothing better to do with their 1000 years of life than torment teenagers, but I attribute their populariity to the actors talent rather than the writers inability to actually write for them decently.

Long story short, I get why they would do this. Even if I don't get why they refuse to let the main characters triumph over their tormentors ever.

What I don't get is why they are saying Phoebe Tompkins, Hayley, is going to costar with Klaus. Personally I have the same complaints about her in Diaries that I did in The Secret Circle so her presence alone will keep me from watching, but have I missed some huge fan following for Hayley the werewolf that would warrant her starring in a show? Most of what I have seen is at best a shrug and at worst an attack on her character. Hayley is only slightly more useful than April (whose sole purpose seems to be dagger removal to bring Rebekah back to fail at killing anyone again and to pout that no one loves her) and frankly neither one added anything to the show for me.

Why does Hayley get a starring role in any show, let alone one about the Original vampires?

#2   2013/01/12 12:58PM
    Re: Spin off spoilery
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha: The CW wants to try a show about the Originals which pretty much means they all survive this season of Diaries. The character are popular for all that they have nothing better to do with their 1000 years of life than torment teenagers, but I attribute their populariity to the actors talent rather than the writers inability to actually write for them decently.

Long story short, I get why they would do this. Even if I don't get why they refuse to let the main characters triumph over their tormentors ever.

What I don't get is why they are saying Phoebe Tompkins, Hayley, is going to costar with Klaus. Personally I have the same complaints about her in Diaries that I did in The Secret Circle so her presence alone will keep me from watching, but have I missed some huge fan following for Hayley the werewolf that would warrant her starring in a show? Most of what I have seen is at best a shrug and at worst an attack on her character. Hayley is only slightly more useful than April (whose sole purpose seems to be dagger removal to bring Rebekah back to fail at killing anyone again and to pout that no one loves her) and frankly neither one added anything to the show for me.

Why does Hayley get a starring role in any show, let alone one about the Original vampires?

Just leave Klaus for Caroline!

or let him go back and forth.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/12 01:00PM
    #3   2013/01/13 08:01AM
    XPac

An Originals TV show might be kinda cool.

It's definately going to be cool seeing what direction Klaus is going to go, if they're at least thinking about having him carry his own show.

I think a good amount of people like Klaus anyways (hence why he's still around), but they're likely still going to have to try and push him a bit more as a favorite without watering down the character and taking away the things that made him cool in the first place.

But they pulled it off with Damon, so I think they can do it with Klaus.

For what it's worth, I liked Phoebe. I think she's being a BIT underused as Haley thus far... but I'm presuming there's a larger long term plan for the character than what we've seen so far.

#4   2013/01/13 12:33PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac: An Originals TV show might be kinda cool.

It's definately going to be cool seeing what direction Klaus is going to go, if they're at least thinking about having him carry his own show.

I think a good amount of people like Klaus anyways (hence why he's still around), but they're likely still going to have to try and push him a bit more as a favorite without watering down the character and taking away the things that made him cool in the first place.

For what it's worth, I liked Phoebe. I think she's being a BIT underused as Haley thus far... but I'm presuming there's a larger long term plan for the character than what we've seen so far.

I agree, if they did it for Damon then can do it for Klaus.

The writers really don't know who will hit it off with the fans. Like Damon, Klaus is one of those characters that did.

#5   2013/01/13 06:23PM
    XPac

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote XPac: An Originals TV show might be kinda cool.

I agree, if they did it for Damon then can do it for Klaus.

The writers really don't know who will hit it off with the fans. Like Damon, Klaus is one of those characters that did.

Yeah, Vampire Diaries does a pretty good job of getting you to like characters you were initially probably supposed to dislike.

I like Tyler now, and I probably hated him in the first season more than I ever disliked Damon.

#6   2013/01/15 08:31AM
    dairymaid

There has been speculation that Phoebe Tonkin's character "Hayley" maybe related to Klaus because Klaus' father was a werewolf. That may be why she will be on the spinoff show. I also think that many of the vampire diaries characters will be guest stars on the spinoff show and visa versa which is why they are creating the show.

#7   2013/01/15 02:08PM
    XPac

Quote dairymaid: There has been speculation that Phoebe Tonkin's character "Hayley" maybe related to Klaus because Klaus' father was a werewolf. That may be why she will be on the spinoff show. I also think that many of the vampire diaries characters will be guest stars on the spinoff show and visa versa which is why they are creating the show.

That kind of makes sense.

The fact that the writers mention that Hayley has no clue who her real family is probably means there's more to it than we know.

Shane revealing that Hayley and Klaus are related might be a nice way to begin steering Klaus away from being a villain and directing him and Haley off on their spin off.

#8   2013/01/16 01:36PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote dairymaid: There has been speculation that Phoebe Tonkin's character "Hayley" maybe related to Klaus because Klaus' father was a werewolf. That may be why she will be on the spinoff show. I also think that many of the vampire diaries characters will be guest stars on the spinoff show and visa versa which is why they are creating the show.

That kind of makes sense.

The fact that the writers mention that Hayley has no clue who her real family is probably means there's more to it than we know.

Shane revealing that Hayley and Klaus are related might be a nice way to begin steering Klaus away from being a villain and directing him and Haley off on their spin off.

I love the VD so I'm sure I will like the next show.

#9   2013/01/16 07:11PM
    aerinha

I like Diairies, but often get bothered by Julie's writing as it ignores real character growth. Doubt I'll watch the new show. I like Elijah, liked Klaus as a villain, but thebOriginals have clogged up Diaires for so long I sort of resent them.

I don't see a whole show of beings who can never be beaten being interesting. Where is the struggle? The danger?

I also don't like knowing that Kalus and Rebekah won't pay for killing Jenna, killing Elena and tormenting everyone since season two. It is unsatisfying for me not to see the antagonists get theirs and the protagonists not triumph over them.

Spinning them off season three would have worked for me, but now

I think I need to avoid JP shows once Diairies ends.

#10   2013/01/17 07:45AM
    Bricole

I think Klaus and Rebecca are great additions to VD. I'm not sure the show would benefit by removing these two characters. I was thrilled to see Rebecca return. Would like to see Matt and Rebecca fall in love. I think removing the originals from VD at this point would be mistake. To me, one group is dependent on the other. The best part about Klaus is his interaction with the current group. Also liked Elijah and want him to have a bigger role in both or either show. I will give the spinoff a chance but don't think I would watch it. I just don't watch a lot of tv. I pick 4 shows to record and that's it: Days of our Lives, VD, game of thrones, Spartacus. The latter 2 aren't usually shown in the same season.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/17 07:49AM
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list