List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Elena human again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Elena human again?

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/20 04:03PM
    Latest post: 2013/04/26 01:41PM, Views: 12206, Replies: 80
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #71   2013/02/23 07:27PM
    Re: Elena human again?
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha: Elena really has no life. What does she do? Sporadically go to school, sit at someone's house and...she doesn't have a job or a hobby or go out with her friends. We hear about Caroline being on committees, but she doesnt do much either. Half the time Bonnie seems like she ceases to exist.

I wish they would deal with life a bit more and reminding us of the year's big danger less.

They totally ignored theperils of a human dating a vsmpire and are now ignoring the fun of two vampires dating. Where is the blood sharing? The hot vampire sex.

They didn't get Elna right as a human and aren't getting her right as a vampire.

It's like the writers are just missing the point or just passing it by.

How many fans waited for Damon and Elena to get together and and, and, and we're still waiting.......

They have all these characters that we all love.

The show has a huge fan base, so whats the problem writers.

#72   2013/02/24 01:13AM
    stjarna

Quote sharon n nick 4eva: When Damon said "I am not enough for her" I said "What"!

If Damon is the one she loves, he is enough.

This "sire thing" is really bothering him he's acting more like Stefan.

feeling! feeling! feeling!

Damon, as we know, prefers the badboy, as he doesn't need to have feelings, and when he heightens the feelings, he actually can't really cope, and is running away-hence Rebekah, when Elena told him at the ball that he was liaility sort of, and now the being human with her- hop- Damon retracts....
    Yes, Damon, feelings, feelings, feelings!!!!

#73   2013/02/24 01:17AM
    stjarna

Quote aerinha: Elena really has no life. What does she do? Sporadically go to school, sit at someone's house and...she doesn't have a job or a hobby or go out with her friends. We hear about Caroline being on committees, but she doesnt do much either. Half the time Bonnie seems like she ceases to exist.

I wish they would deal with life a bit more and reminding us of the year's big danger less.

They totally ignored theperils of a human dating a vsmpire and are now ignoring the fun of two vampires dating. Where is the blood sharing? The hot vampire sex.

They didn't get Elna right as a human and aren't getting her right as a vampire.

Imo, they sort of did Elena ok till near end of season 3- then it all went downwards...
    vampire Elena is a total failure,imo.

We already have Katerina, who I really like- and why would we want to have some lame copy or version of Katerina...???
    I find that boring!!!

#74   2013/02/24 06:46AM
    aerinha

Elena went down hill for me at the end of season 2. She spent the last 14 episodes of that year begging to die in place of all her friends. That's not normal or right.

Ok, if Klaus promised her he'd spare her loved ones, I can see that being her reaction, but he didn't. Katherine told Elena how her family died as a punishment and Elena assumed she had a deal with Klaus that if she didd what he wanted, all were safe. Someone should have pointed out that her logic was flawed.

It is even a normal first reaction if you take 10 seconds to say Elena feels like she got her parents killed. But eventually, even Ghandi or Mother Theresa would probably try to find a way that allowed them to save all their friends and themselves before giving up and spending episdoe after episode saying the only solution was to die.

And if they spent maybe 4 eps going after another solution, it would have been more to do than have everyone on a "beware Klaus is coming" tirade.

To me, Elena's reaction there wasn't human. Yes in the end Buffy was willing to die to save the world, but she gave her own life some thought and did put up a fight. Elena just laid down and died, costing John his life because of her stupidity. And it didn't save Jenna.

It drives me nuts that for Elena self-defense is wrong. What she did with Kol, killing him to break the compulsion on Damon and protect Jeremy, not leaving it to Klaus who she can't trust was the one smart thing she did.

It's like they couldn't come up with a way to write Elena different from Katherine other than making Elena selfless to an unnatural degree and Katherine selfish to IMHO an unsympathetic degree. Yet Katherine comes off more interesting because she has a spark of life and survival in her unlike Elena who, vampire or human, is dull and somber.

I felt vampire Elena showed more humanity in hating Rebekah than human Elena did in never once wanting revenge on Klaus. To me they finally made her normal as a vampire, but then instead of letting her be strong, they continued to make her a mess.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/02/24 06:48AM
    #75   2013/02/24 06:55AM
    aerinha

I know what it is.

The writers know how to write a dark person with a spark of humanity, it's why every vampire on there (except Stefan and Caroline) is bascially written as a copy of Damon.

What they don't know how to do is write a good person. All their good people: Bonnie, Elena, Stefan come off boring becuase the writers don't seem to realize that good people can and do have a spark of the dark in them. No one is perfect, and in a TV character who can be written as "perfect", it's boring and annoying to watch.

Viewers want to be able to put themselves in the character's shoes for an hour and I would never want to be Elena because she's boring and unrealistic. If I were her, I would have thrown in with Katherine back in season 2 to kill Klaus before he did anything to me or my family. If I died trying, so be it, but at least I would have tried. That's a human reaction.

The writers don't know how to write a compassionate, sympathetic person w/o making that person lifeless.

#76   2013/02/24 07:37AM
    stjarna

I wanted to see the growth in Elena... for me the breaking point where she could take action and start to change was after the Mikaelson Ball....
    that was in my eyes the breaking point- Stefan was her friend at that moment, Damon was someone she could not deal with, so she sort of kicked him from her, and then there was Elijah- payback to what betraying her end season 2, and his apology... could maker her think to take things in her own hands and she with Bonnie make a covenant to do things their way...

well, good people have their turmoil too- the temptation of the dark side- adgusting to the world and how you find it as you are growing up... all that affects you- show the way a characters deals with love, hurt, disappointment, betrayal, fear, wrong decision-making, consequences of actions... it's like being on scales- both sides tend to go to each side- till they find the balance.... even Damon's redemption trip is now sort of non-existant,imo...

Buffy was a good person, yet they managed to show all her turbulations, and completely losing oneself(her time with Spike)- and finding the way back and taking charge and going forward, as she was not done baking...cookie-dough!

Elena is not even cookie-dough...

now, will she stay a vamp- or are they going back to her human-self?...
    I will miss Team Gilbert....

Elena, took some action in season 2 when she brough Elijah back and struck the deal with him....I liked it, but then again- back to Salvatores determining what is going to be with Elena, hence Damon selfishly feeding her blood, and Elijah betraying her...

She so depends on the Salvatores, who mostly don't have a clue about anything, imo, and then it all ends up the way it does....
    Maybe, the writers intentions was not to give us this strong independent character, yet this lost girl who is nowhere...
    Katerina has more guts, and more ingenuity, and fun,...kill off Elena, and let's have Katerina

#77   2013/03/31 02:51PM
    stjarna

Do you think Silas will kill Elena in season finale? And then she gets back as human again. I'd like it-
    Or will Stefan and Damon forcebly give her the cure as they cannot handle her?! Love that scenario!
    I know they don't have the cure, but I think Elijah could be persuaded - the will find another way to kill Silas. !

#78   2013/04/15 06:42AM
    aerinha

Considering some of the spoilers out there, I think the other side opens up. As far as we know, only Silas can do that after being cured, unless Bonnie finds a way to do it in hopes having Jeremy, Jenna and or Ric back will return Elena's humanity to her. So right there is a 50/50 chance it's not Silas taking the cure.

It's too easy to have Elena take it. Not that they've done much with her as a vampire, she's a copy of every other vampire they have, but it was really dumb to make her a vampire just to cure her.

I think we may see Nina Dobrev take the cure, but not know which of her characters, Elena or Katherine, took it. That would be a great cliffhanger! But sending Elena off the bridge w/o saying which brother she picked also would have been a great cliffhanger and they ignored it so we'll probalby see Nina take the cure, have a commercial and find out who it was before the show ends. I actually think it will be Katherine who takes it. Why?

Katherine set up a nice, human-like, life in that small town. She seems to crave what she lost and was denied because Klaus was chasing her. Elijah also shamed her for hurting Elena who was fated to live her life, which made me wonder if by turning human so that Klaus can have her doppleganger blood, Katherine is atoning by taking up the role meant to be hers as his human blood bag so he'll leave Elena alone?

#79   2013/04/25 04:49PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna: They treat her lika porculan doll- and really annoyed me and continues to annoy me...why... she needs to deal with things- I know it is horrific, as they killed all of her family members- but when is she really going to grow up, and see that when you do stuff there are possible consequences!!! The Salvatores are more like some very old menthors and Elena is their protege!

I think when she was human there was a growing up thing happening...

Maybe the point of the show is just see how vampires are and there is no real quest! Then I am wrong in wanting something more.

No......
    and good post!

#80   2013/04/26 01:10AM
    stjarna

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote stjarna: They treat her lika porculan doll- and really annoyed me and continues to annoy me...why... she needs to deal with things- I know it is horrific, as they killed all of her family members- but when is she really going to grow up, and see that when you do stuff there are possible consequences!!! The Salvatores are more like some very old menthors and Elena is their protege!

I think when she was human there was a growing up thing happening...

Maybe the point of the show is just see how vampires are and there is no real quest! Then I am wrong in wanting something more.

No......
    and good post!

Me- always wanting more!LOL

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list