List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Elena human again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Elena human again?

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/20 04:03PM
    Latest post: 2013/04/26 01:41PM, Views: 12976, Replies: 80
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #31   2013/01/13 10:26PM
    Re: Elena human again?
    XPac

Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha: I am going to blame the writing for Elena staying the same inspite of all they "she became a whole other person" crap Stefan and Caroline have been spouting all season. The actress makes a real shift between Elena and Katherine, I never feel Katherine is justnElena with curly hair, so I think if they gave Elena different less wilting violet dialogue and storyline she could pull it off. When she killed the hunter I felt I was seeing dark Elena, not Katherine.

It is tv, they need to show us if she is changed, not tell us repeatedly with no proof.

From all they rah rah Julie Plec gave about Elena growing up and all the Caroline crap, I expected Elena to stop being so naive. Not lose her ability to feel, butntonstop feeling guilty she acted to save herself at the expense of the person trying to kill her. Interviews said Elena was to putnRic's training to use, but it is Jeremy doing the hunting, not her.

Her wanting Damon with no bond would be a change, but they took that away. In the end it is like they made her a vampire to justify her having sex with Damon, but had no intention of committing to it as she remained the same and they plan to cure her. It was. Plot point, not a turning point.

To me Katherine is too much one way and Elena is too much the other. Neither altogether thrills me. You can be a good person and want to save your own life and have fun. But you can also be self centered without having every plan meaning someone good dies to save you. It is like they don't know how to show their dif fences without making one so selfish there is nothing redeeming about her (sorry but nothing I've seen so far justifies Katherine being such a selfish witch all the time) and the other such a mealy mouthed twit that you want to jump into the tv and slap her because she'd rather die that think of any other course of action because someone might get hurt. So again, I blame the writing.Paging Buffy. Teach Elena that you fight for everyone to survive including you.

well said- especially the bolded.
    Ah, Buffy! Such a great character...! Miss it!!!!!!
    Is there still hope they might see that they missed out with Elena?! Just wondering...
    It's a shame- cos there was such a great thing they had with Elena mid season 3- I mean her character should then started to show change and more resolve...
    That's why I think- if they go with another shift- back to human or smth more - they can actually start showing the change and development in character....wishful thinking on my part.

I think she actually did start showing a bit more resolve in the third season. During the mid and later points of that whole "Dark Stefan" era she actually did toughen up a bit.

You can argue she badslid a bit this season, but to a degree I suppose that's understandable given that she died and became a sired vamp. There's still time in the season for her to rebound from that. But at least at first I can buy her being somewhat of a mess. That's fair under the circumstances I suppose. Even though I do think all the crying and brooding is sometimes a tad annoying.

#32   2013/01/14 05:26AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha: I am going to blame the writing for Elena staying the same inspite of all they "she became a whole other person" crap Stefan and Caroline have been spouting all season. The actress makes a real shift between Elena and Katherine, I never feel Katherine is justnElena with curly hair, so I think if they gave Elena different less wilting violet dialogue and storyline she could pull it off. When she killed the hunter I felt I was seeing dark Elena, not Katherine.

It is tv, they need to show us if she is changed, not tell us repeatedly with no proof.

From all they rah rah Julie Plec gave about Elena growing up and all the Caroline crap, I expected Elena to stop being so naive. Not lose her ability to feel, butntonstop feeling guilty she acted to save herself at the expense of the person trying to kill her. Interviews said Elena was to putnRic's training to use, but it is Jeremy doing the hunting, not her.

Her wanting Damon with no bond would be a change, but they took that away. In the end it is like they made her a vampire to justify her having sex with Damon, but had no intention of committing to it as she remained the same and they plan to cure her. It was. Plot point, not a turning point.

To me Katherine is too much one way and Elena is too much the other. Neither altogether thrills me. You can be a good person and want to save your own life and have fun. But you can also be self centered without having every plan meaning someone good dies to save you. It is like they don't know how to show their dif fences without making one so selfish there is nothing redeeming about her (sorry but nothing I've seen so far justifies Katherine being such a selfish witch all the time) and the other such a mealy mouthed twit that you want to jump into the tv and slap her because she'd rather die that think of any other course of action because someone might get hurt. So again, I blame the writing.Paging Buffy. Teach Elena that you fight for everyone to survive including you.

well said- especially the bolded.
    Ah, Buffy! Such a great character...! Miss it!!!!!!
    Is there still hope they might see that they missed out with Elena?! Just wondering...
    It's a shame- cos there was such a great thing they had with Elena mid season 3- I mean her character should then started to show change and more resolve...
    That's why I think- if they go with another shift- back to human or smth more - they can actually start showing the change and development in character....wishful thinking on my part.

I think she actually did start showing a bit more resolve in the third season. During the mid and later points of that whole "Dark Stefan" era she actually did toughen up a bit.

You can argue she badslid a bit this season, but to a degree I suppose that's understandable given that she died and became a sired vamp. There's still time in the season for her to rebound from that. But at least at first I can buy her being somewhat of a mess. That's fair under the circumstances I suppose. Even though I do think all the crying and brooding is sometimes a tad annoying.

Crying and brooding is a part of Elena be human or vampire.

#33   2013/01/14 05:45AM
    XPac

I think even Elena herself commented on her crying too much this season.

That's the nice thing about Damon this season... if nothing else, he's able to get her to stop crying for 2 seconds. Or at least that was the case before the sire bond stuff came out.

#34   2013/01/18 02:39PM
    sharon n nic...

In the beginning of the show when they are all talking Elena said she was a vampire soooooooooo what does that mean??????

#35   2013/01/18 05:49PM
    aerinha

Quote sharon n nick 4eva: In the beginning of the show when they are all talking Elena said she was a vampire soooooooooo what does that mean??????

I think it was just letting people who are new or who may have tuned out for awhile know Elena is a vampire. She is one.

The part I found weird was Rebekah saying in the beginning that she wanted the cure to marry and have kids when all she wants it for is to make Kalus human.

#36   2013/01/18 05:54PM
    aerinha

As long as Elena still wants to be human, I have somewhat of a hope she'll remain a vampire because the writers really aren't that kind to any character. Nott that she is anything special as a vampire, I just think its dumb to have made her a vampire for the express purpose of spending the season making her human again.

And it's not even that she was awful as a vamp so they decided to undo it, they brought the cure up four episodes in and she didn't become a vamp until the end of ep one. That is what annoys me, they did it as a plot point not a big change meant to make an adult outnof Elena. All that talk of her becoming a new person and using her strength to fight the good fight was a bunch of lies. She has yet to fight anything other than the hunter she killed, a kill that can be blamed on the bond not on her finally realizing self defense isn't wrong.

#37   2013/01/18 06:25PM
    XPac

Quote aerinha:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva: In the beginning of the show when they are all talking Elena said she was a vampire soooooooooo what does that mean??????

I think it was just letting people who are new or who may have tuned out for awhile know Elena is a vampire. She is one.

The part I found weird was Rebekah saying in the beginning that she wanted the cure to marry and have kids when all she wants it for is to make Kalus human.

I think that's what she originally wanted. She wanted to marry that vampire hunter guy, get the cure, and have kids. At least before that guy and his buddies killed her and her family. Maybe that's foreshadowing that she'll end up getting the cure and become human. I very much doubt they'll do it to Klaus.

#38   2013/01/18 07:41PM
    aerinha

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha:

I think that's what she originally wanted. She wanted to marry that vampire hunter guy, get the cure, and have kids. At least before that guy and his buddies killed her and her family. Maybe that's foreshadowing that she'll end up getting the cure and become human. I very much doubt they'll do it to Klaus.

When Shane said Silas can resurrect anyone who died in the pursuit of freeing him, it made me wonder if Rebekah and/or Klaus might not die only to be raised again later. If Jeremy kills Rebekah to grow the mark to free Silas, then Silas should be able to raise her again to be on the new show.

Tyler said a cured hybrid became a werewolf, so they could make Klaus just a werewolf.

I still don't think this cure is what they think. Yes, Silas is a consequence, but it can't be that easy. I think it will make the vampire human for a day before they die, like the transition choice all over again. Or only one can ever be cured and maybe Elena will give it to Rebekah since Rebekah helped her transition by killing that guard.

Honestly, tired as I am of Rebekah and the everyone hates me, here let me do something to make you hate me more why does everyone hate me thing they always write for her (Claire Holt deserves more of a story) I really think she is the one who deserves the cure. She seems to be banging against the walls of an endless life with no real love in it more than Elena who wants it so she doesn't hurt people...even though she now can feed out of a bag and hurts no one. And Elena loves 2 immortal men, the only real chance she has with either is if she too is immortal.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/18 07:42PM
    #39   2013/01/18 07:51PM
    XPac

Quote aerinha:
    Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha:

When Shane said Silas can resurrect anyone who died in the pursuit of freeing him, it made me wonder if Rebekah and/or Klaus might not die only to be raised again later. If Jeremy kills Rebekah to grow the mark to free Silas, then Silas should be able to raise her again to be on the new show.

Tyler said a cured hybrid became a werewolf, so they could make Klaus just a werewolf.

I still don't think this cure is what they think. Yes, Silas is a consequence, but it can't be that easy. I think it will make the vampire human for a day before they die, like the transition choice all over again. Or only one can ever be cured and maybe Elena will give it to Rebekah since Rebekah helped her transition by killing that guard.

Honestly, tired as I am of Rebekah and the everyone hates me, here let me do something to make you hate me more why does everyone hate me thing they always write for her (Claire Holt deserves more of a story) I really think she is the one who deserves the cure. She seems to be banging against the walls of an endless life with no real love in it more than Elena who wants it so she doesn't hurt people...even though she now can feed out of a bag and hurts no one. And Elena loves 2 immortal men, the only real chance she has with either is if she too is immortal.

I think they HAVE to cure Elena to get rid of the sire bond though.

But yeah... Rebekah turning human might not be so bad. Hell, maybe she can end up with Matt afterwards. Poor guy seems to lose all the girls that are interested in him to other guys (Stefan, Tyler, and possibly Stefan again).

#40   2013/01/18 08:00PM
    aerinha

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha:
    Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha:

I think they HAVE to cure Elena to get rid of the sire bond though.

But yeah... Rebekah turning human might not be so bad. Hell, maybe she can end up with Matt afterwards. Poor guy seems to lose all the girls that are interested in him to other guys (Stefan, Tyler, and possibly Stefan again).

They are big on the written into a box thing. Endless options but only this one thing will work because....Julie said so.

I still think Expression can break the bond. but they probably will stil cure her and say it was the only option. Like Stefanleaving her to drown was the only option even though it really wasn't. Or like giving her the bond and then making it unbreakable.

I like the show don't get me wrong, but at times it makes me want to smack my head into a wall because they corner everyone in rather than actually giving them choices.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list