List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Elena human again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Elena human again?

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/20 04:03PM
    Latest post: 2013/04/26 01:41PM, Views: 13712, Replies: 80
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #21   2013/01/12 12:48PM
    Re: Elena human again?
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha: Except for wanting Damon, vampire Elena is no different from human Elena. They keep going on and on about how different she is, but have never shown her being anything other than what she was before. Still cries, still has no fun, still too worried about everyone else, still making bad choices to save everyone that really put everyone in danger.

I though making her a vampire would give her some spirit.

Even having sex with Damon seems to be on the verge of being blamed in the sure bind instead of a real change in her character.

you're right!
    so if she was human it would all be real,
    now that she is a vamp makes imo a bit more enhanced and actually more annoying.

lol!

#22   2013/01/13 08:12AM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: Except for wanting Damon, vampire Elena is no different from human Elena. They keep going on and on about how different she is, but have never shown her being anything other than what she was before. Still cries, still has no fun, still too worried about everyone else, still making bad choices to save everyone that really put everyone in danger.

Even having sex with Damon seems to be on the verge of being blamed in the sure bind instead of a real change in her character.

I do think they all sort of overdo it in regards to how different Elena is supposed to be now. I DO think from the Ms. Mystic Falls pagent onward, she clearly had a much stronger attraction to Damon. But prior to that you really couldn't see a difference in that regard. And really, I don't think you can see a difference in her at all in any other regard.

I'm not sure if that's the fault of the writing or the actress, or maybe she's not really even supposed to be THAT difference and the idea is that everyone else is just blowing it all out of proportion... but I do often feel a disconnect when they keep saying how different she is, because I can barely tell the difference.

But I guess Elena plays the character she needs to play. When we want a more fiery bad ass Elena, we've got Katherine.

#23   2013/01/13 12:21PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:

I do think they all sort of overdo it in regards to how different Elena is supposed to be now. I DO think from the Ms. Mystic Falls pagent onward, she clearly had a much stronger attraction to Damon. But prior to that you really couldn't see a difference in that regard. And really, I don't think you can see a difference in her at all in any other regard.

I'm not sure if that's the fault of the writing or the actress, or maybe she's not really even supposed to be THAT difference and the idea is that everyone else is just blowing it all out of proportion... but I do often feel a disconnect when they keep saying how different she is, because I can barely tell the difference.

But I guess Elena plays the character she needs to play. When we want a more fiery bad ass Elena, we've got Katherine.

Does Elena have to change, just because she's a vampire?

I know her need for blood would make her kill someone. But isn't that what a vampire does.

#24   2013/01/13 02:51PM
    aerinha

I am going to blame the writing for Elena staying the same inspite of all they "she became a whole other person" crap Stefan and Caroline have been spouting all season. The actress makes a real shift between Elena and Katherine, I never feel Katherine is justnElena with curly hair, so I think if they gave Elena different less wilting violet dialogue and storyline she could pull it off. When she killed the hunter I felt I was seeing dark Elena, not Katherine.

It is tv, they need to show us if she is changed, not tell us repeatedly with no proof.

From all they rah rah Julie Plec gave about Elena growing up and all the Caroline crap, I expected Elena to stop being so naive. Not lose her ability to feel, butntonstop feeling guilty she acted to save herself at the expense of the person trying to kill her. Interviews said Elena was to putnRic's training to use, but it is Jeremy doing the hunting, not her.

Her wanting Damon with no bond would be a change, but they took that away. In the end it is like they made her a vampire to justify her having sex with Damon, but had no intention of committing to it as she remained the same and they plan to cure her. It was. Plot point, not a turning point.

To me Katherine is too much one way and Elena is too much the other. Neither altogether thrills me. You can be a good person and want to save your own life and have fun. But you can also be self centered without having every plan meaning someone good dies to save you. It is like they don't know how to show their dif fences without making one so selfish there is nothing redeeming about her (sorry but nothing I've seen so far justifies Katherine being such a selfish witch all the time) and the other such a mealy mouthed twit that you want to jump into the tv and slap her because she'd rather die that think of any other course of action because someone might get hurt. So again, I blame the writing.

Paging Buffy. Teach Elena that you fight for everyone to survive including you.

#25   2013/01/13 03:24PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha: I am going to blame the writing for Elena staying the same inspite of all they "she became a whole other person" crap Stefan and Caroline have been spouting all season. The actress makes a real shift between Elena and Katherine, I never feel Katherine is justnElena with curly hair, so I think if they gave Elena different less wilting violet dialogue and storyline she could pull it off. When she killed the hunter I felt I was seeing dark Elena, not Katherine.

It is tv, they need to show us if she is changed, not tell us repeatedly with no proof.

From all they rah rah Julie Plec gave about Elena growing up and all the Caroline crap, I expected Elena to stop being so naive. Not lose her ability to feel, butntonstop feeling guilty she acted to save herself at the expense of the person trying to kill her. Interviews said Elena was to putnRic's training to use, but it is Jeremy doing the hunting, not her.

Her wanting Damon with no bond would be a change, but they took that away. In the end it is like they made her a vampire to justify her having sex with Damon, but had no intention of committing to it as she remained the same and they plan to cure her. It was. Plot point, not a turning point.

To me Katherine is too much one way and Elena is too much the other. Neither altogether thrills me. You can be a good person and want to save your own life and have fun. But you can also be self centered without having every plan meaning someone good dies to save you. It is like they don't know how to show their dif fences without making one so selfish there is nothing redeeming about her (sorry but nothing I've seen so far justifies Katherine being such a selfish witch all the time) and the other such a mealy mouthed twit that you want to jump into the tv and slap her because she'd rather die that think of any other course of action because someone might get hurt. So again, I blame the writing.

I think Katherine's human side and her vampire side were the same. Self centered and selfish.

With Elena, I think the writers don't really want her to change to much from her human self.

That leads me to think she might become human again.

#26   2013/01/13 03:28PM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: I am going to blame the writing for Elena staying the same inspite of all they "she became a whole other person" crap Stefan and Caroline have been spouting all season. The actress makes a real shift between Elena and Katherine, I never feel Katherine is justnElena with curly hair, so I think if they gave Elena different less wilting violet dialogue and storyline she could pull it off. When she killed the hunter I felt I was seeing dark Elena, not Katherine.

In Katherine's defense, I DO think they ended up giving her some layers at the VERY end of season 2, and during season 3.

She did end up saving Damon by delivering him Klaus blood even though everyone expected her to just leave down. And during season 3, she not only saved Stefan from that witch in Chicago (which could arguably have been self serving), but she also got Stefan to save Damon during that whole plan with Micheal even though it arguably served her agenda more to just have Klaus killed and allow Damon to die. Like she herself admits in Homecoming, sometimes her humanity does slip through.

But I'll agree they can probably tweak Elena a bit. Maybe tone down the angst a bit once in awhile. I get that it's necessary but sometimes it's a bit much.

#27   2013/01/13 03:32PM
    XPac

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote XPac:

I know her need for blood would make her kill someone. But isn't that what a vampire does.

I think the part that freaks some people out a bit (aside from the issue of her having feelings for Damon) was her at times enjoying drinking blood.

But I think that's a pretty short sighted perspective. I enjoyed a really good steak last night, but that doesn't mean I enjoy killing cows. It just means it was good. I think people are weirded by the fact that she enjoyed consuming blood... but I think Damon's the ONLY person to recognize that it's NORMAL for a vampire to enjoy blood.

To me a lot of the drama about how Elena is changed is so forced. The fact that she constantly cried about harming people to me shows that she really hasn't changed at all.

#28   2013/01/13 04:43PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote XPac:

I think the part that freaks some people out a bit (aside from the issue of her having feelings for Damon) was her at times enjoying drinking blood.

But I think that's a pretty short sighted perspective. I enjoyed a really good steak last night, but that doesn't mean I enjoy killing cows. It just means it was good. I think people are weirded by the fact that she enjoyed consuming blood... but I think Damon's the ONLY person to recognize that it's NORMAL for a vampire to enjoy blood.

To me a lot of the drama about how Elena is changed is so forced. The fact that she constantly cried about harming people to me shows that she really hasn't changed at all.

Damon was the only one to let Elena "enjoy it". Even if it was for alittle while.

Damon felt that Elena should embrace her vampireness because she is one.

I think Stefen was more nervous about Elena becoming human again and how she would feel knowing she killed someone.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/13 04:44PM
    #29   2013/01/13 10:17PM
    stjarna

To me Katherine is too much one way and Elena is too much the other. Neither altogether thrills me. You can be a good person and want to save your own life and have fun. But you can also be self centered without having every plan meaning someone good dies to save you. It is like they don't know how to show their dif fences without making one so selfish there is nothing redeeming about her (sorry but nothing I've seen so far justifies Katherine being such a selfish witch all the time) and the other such a mealy mouthed twit that you want to jump into the tv and slap her because she'd rather die that think of any other course of action because someone might get hurt. So again, I blame the writing.Paging Buffy. Teach Elena that you fight for everyone to survive including you.

well said- especially the bolded.
    Ah, Buffy! Such a great character...! Miss it!!!!!!
    Is there still hope they might see that they missed out with Elena?! Just wondering...
    It's a shame- cos there was such a great thing they had with Elena mid season 3- I mean her character should then started to show change and more resolve...
    That's why I think- if they go with another shift- back to human or smth more - they can actually start showing the change and development in character....wishful thinking on my part.

#30   2013/01/13 10:17PM
    stjarna

To me Katherine is too much one way and Elena is too much the other. Neither altogether thrills me. You can be a good person and want to save your own life and have fun. But you can also be self centered without having every plan meaning someone good dies to save you. It is like they don't know how to show their dif fences without making one so selfish there is nothing redeeming about her (sorry but nothing I've seen so far justifies Katherine being such a selfish witch all the time) and the other such a mealy mouthed twit that you want to jump into the tv and slap her because she'd rather die that think of any other course of action because someone might get hurt. So again, I blame the writing.Paging Buffy. Teach Elena that you fight for everyone to survive including you.

well said- especially the bolded.
    Ah, Buffy! Such a great character...! Miss it!!!!!!
    Is there still hope they might see that they missed out with Elena?! Just wondering...
    It's a shame- cos there was such a great thing they had with Elena mid season 3- I mean her character should then started to show change and more resolve...
    That's why I think- if they go with another shift- back to human or smth more - they can actually start showing the change and development in character....wishful thinking on my part.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list