List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Underwhelmed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Underwhelmed

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/14 02:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/16 01:17PM, Views: 4419, Replies: 76
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 page:
    #71   2013/02/23 04:29PM
    Re: Underwhelmed
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha: The cgi flames were really bad.

They seem to like to spend the first part of the season with a slow build with some character building, then drop all that to do constant action at thenend. It is like they realize they only have x shows left and have to step it up. If they spec up the first half and saved some character building for the end, it would improve things.

They totally forgot about Delena in all this. Just like when Stlenea had sex and were left as a couple whose relationship was there but never really shown, they left Delena in limbo where theybhad sex, the bond drove them apart and now he isnt enough to ground Elena because peopel with no family apparently cant survive alone or lean on friends of course everyone on the show has like one family member and Tyler survived it, but Elena must become a basketcase because the show is about "family".

Does Julie Plec even read what she writes?

This season was supposed to show Elena using what Ric taught her and Jp said Elena thought her vampire strenght would keep people safe ok, I dont know what everyone else saw so far, but Elena has never shown a moment of gratitude for being a vampire, mentioned how she could use being one to help anyone or even really had an enemynto fight. All i have seen is a fragile flower whining she doesnt want the strength she now has and falling apart because shebis too weak to stand alone.

I see bad Elena lasting one or two eps, she wont be able to handle that either so they will have to make her turn them back on.

I like the idea that Damon has the power to change Elena back if she gets to crazy.

They should have stopped her from burning her house down. I think she will regret doing that.

#72   2013/02/23 07:02PM
    aerinha

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:

They seem to like to spend the first part of the season with a slow build with some character building, then drop all that to do constant action at thenend. It is like they realize they only have x shows left and have to step it up. If they spec up the first half and saved some character building for the end, it would improve things.

They totally forgot about Delena in all this. Just like when Stlenea had sex and were left as a couple whose relationship was there but never really shown, they left Delena in limbo where theybhad sex, the bond drove them apart and now he isnt enough to ground Elena because peopel with no family apparently cant survive alone or lean on friends of course everyone on the show has like one family member and Tyler survived it, but Elena must become a basketcase because the show is about "family".

This season was supposed to show Elena using what Ric taught her and Jp said Elena thought her vampire strenght would keep people safe ok, I dont know what everyone else saw so far, but Elena has never shown a moment of gratitude for being a vampire, mentioned how she could use being one to help anyone or even really had an enemynto fight. All i have seen is a fragile flower whining she doesnt want the strength she now has and falling apart because shebis too weak to stand alone.

I see bad Elena lasting one or two eps, she wont be able to handle that either so they will have to make her turn them back on.

I like the idea that Damon has the power to change Elena back if she gets to crazy.

They should have stopped her from burning her house down. I think she will regret doing that.

Given some spoilers I read, i was afraid she was going to sleep with Klaus, so I am happy it was just the house

I don't know that she will regret it. She wanted to burn it both as an emotional wreck and a feelingless vampire, so it seemed to me like a pretty set decision for her. It does make me think they are committed to Jeremy staying dead. It is one thing to have Elena living as someone's guest, but for her and Jeremy both to do it would be weird. I think if they planned to resurrect him magically later, they wouldnt have burned the house.

Did you notice Stefan hung back to give the house a final while Elena and Damon both kept walking? I thought that was telling too.

#73   2013/02/24 04:50PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva:

Given some spoilers I read, i was afraid she was going to sleep with Klaus, so I am happy it was just the house

I don't know that she will regret it. She wanted to burn it both as an emotional wreck and a feelingless vampire, so it seemed to me like a pretty set decision for her. It does make me think they are committed to Jeremy staying dead. It is one thing to have Elena living as someone's guest, but for her and Jeremy both to do it would be weird. I think if they planned to resurrect him magically later, they wouldnt have burned the house.

Did you notice Stefan hung back to give the house a final while Elena and Damon both kept walking? I thought that was telling too.

Elena and Klaus.....

I would not have liked that at all!

#74   2013/03/15 07:25PM
    aerinha

Anyone else who could have done without the Klais/Haley love scene? Was anyone hoping those two would hook up? I was sort of hoping to never see Haley again.

At least no April. I wonder if they always planned for her to thankfully vanish or if fan dislike of her had them writing her out for the second half? Meredith never caught on and she disappeared. It is weird that unpopular characters fade away, but popular ones get killed off. Soon the town will be the triangle and all the cahracters no one could stand.

I read someone complaining Elena was to be emotionless but with purpose. I think they confused Plec's ramblings about vsmpire Elena being so strong and fighting the good fight, which were bogglingly about whiny vampire Elena who didnt fight anyone, with where Elena is now. Yes, strong Elena was waht she thought she wrote all the tearful time. elena now is supposed to be the truth speaker, differing from Kat in that all Kat says are lies. She actually said they wont allow evil Elena to be witty because only villians can get one liners, so because she was/is still better than Kat, she is sentenced to being dull.

Good people are dull.

#75   2013/03/15 09:55PM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: Anyone else who could have done without the Klais/Haley love scene? Was anyone hoping those two would hook up? I was sort of hoping to never see Haley again.

At least no April. I wonder if they always planned for her to thankfully vanish or if fan dislike of her had them writing her out for the second half? Meredith never caught on and she disappeared. It is weird that unpopular characters fade away, but popular ones get killed off. Soon the town will be the triangle and all the cahracters no one could stand.

I read someone complaining Elena was to be emotionless but with purpose. I think they confused Plec's ramblings about vsmpire Elena being so strong and fighting the good fight, which were bogglingly about whiny vampire Elena who didnt fight anyone, with where Elena is now. Yes, strong Elena was waht she thought she wrote all the tearful time. elena now is supposed to be the truth speaker, differing from Kat in that all Kat says are lies. She actually said they wont allow evil Elena to be witty because only villians can get one liners, so because she was/is still better than Kat, she is sentenced to being dull.

Good people are dull.

If Haley and Klaus are both going to be in the spin off then I guess they sort of have to create a relationship between them to justify them going off together.

Personally wasn't feeling it between them though. Didn't do anything more me.

#76   2013/03/16 02:48AM
    stjarna

Hayley- Klaus is just sex. Tome she is a prop. but they are giving her significance cos of the spin off.

you are right aerinha, good and interesting characters like for exapmle Lexie re killed off and I don't want to start on Jeremy, seriously- they lost the plot, or am I missing smth and actually this is how it shoud be...?

I don't particularily like triangles, - what about a real love story old fashionish- is it overrate- like feelings are?!

Katerina is so much better in her carelesness than Elena.
    Elena is now just bland -
    what annoys me the most is that Elena is Stefan and Damon's pe project. That's how it comes across to me. Apparently she goes off with Rebekah soon
    Anyway,I find Caroline is the one who is dealing with life and what confronts her... makes good or bad choices- she is one character that shows development,hm...

ah... now I wonder what they have for season end... season 5 is approved- it must be better hopefully.....`

#77   2013/03/16 01:17PM
    sharon n nic...

Klaus and Hadley????????

Not happy at all!

He belongs to Caroline!

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list