List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Underwhelmed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Underwhelmed

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/14 02:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/16 01:17PM, Views: 4357, Replies: 76
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #61   2013/02/08 03:06PM
    Re: Underwhelmed
    aerinha

About the only good thing I can say about last night was that April wasn't in it.

Damon's 180 from wanting to cure Elena to break the bond to not wanting it because human Elena will age and die made no sense. He was ok with her either way at the start, and pursued human Elena, but now doesn't want her if she is human. But he winter be with her bonded either, so... Anyone else seeing the problem here?

For him to want her to stay a vampire should have been his stance all along with him fighting the cure instead of everyone wanting it except forKol. Now Kol is gone so Damon steps in. Damon was onto Shane, but then fell for it anyway.

I wish the writers would talk to each other so the episodes actually added up.

#62   2013/02/08 04:01PM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: About the only good thing I can say about last night was that April wasn't in it.

Damon's 180 from wanting to cure Elena to break the bond to not wanting it because human Elena will age and die made no sense. He was ok with her either way at the start, and pursued human Elena, but now doesn't want her if she is human. But he winter be with her bonded either, so... Anyone else seeing the problem here?

For him to want her to stay a vampire should have been his stance all along with him fighting the cure instead of everyone wanting it except forKol. Now Kol is gone so Damon steps in. Damon was onto Shane, but then fell for it anyway.

I think Damons 180 simply stems from him being afraid that she will leave him. And that's understandable... really every single person is telling him that she will leave him once she's unsired. And that combined with his own doubts is scaring him.

That said, he'll help her find the cure regardless, so this doesn't change anything. He's still there and he's still helping. All that really happened I think was that he let his fears get the better of him.

As far as Shane goes... I think they're all suspicious of him. But since they can't seemingly do anything without him, for now I don't think they have any choice but to work with him. None of them would really have a clue what to do on their own. That's why Shane can flat out tell them that he's a murderer and all that... it doesn't matter because they all still need his help.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/02/08 04:02PM
    #63   2013/02/09 01:55AM
    stjarna

Quote aerinha: About the only good thing I can say about last night was that April wasn't in it.

Well, actually, Damon was who Damon really is last night ( I said that I was disappointe- cos I thought they will show epicness and have him for it- but really it would not be Damon!!!)
    Damon, how I see him- is someone who is not really a strong character, good deep down, but with a lot of insecurities which he masks with his bad behaviour, which is his shield that he uses so skillfully... and as a human he was all for the forbidden and dangerous, hence Katerina.... and he wanted to drink from her, Stefan was compelled, right!!!
    So, katerina, imo, is the right one for him!!!He wants the woman to be going round with him and have good time- and now that Elena is a vampire it is just right for him... he is not the type that wants to settle down ( remember end of season when he first met her - persuming she wants more- excitement, to see the world...)- and I guess part of Elena wants that but I think, she wants the love and the home more!!! Back to Damon- I don't think he messes up when things become difficult- it is just his nature- his the bad-boy and he will always love the naughty - and he won't change for anyone -not even for his love... remember the scene last season when he attacked Caroline's dad and Elena stopped him and wondered why he is still doing the bad thing- and he even then said to her do not make me or think I will be Stefan.... Damon now, more than ever can see that actually the bond made her act on feelings she has for him, but actually it is someone like Stefan she actually really wants... ( and as Elejah fan here- I wish it is Elijah she chooses ultimately- LOL )

So, him turning 180 degrees- maybe not.... it is Damon all along- he is conflicted all the time- as he has so much to deal still within himself....does he really want Elena... or was it Katerina that he wants all along... or a fusion of Elena and Katerina...
    He wants vampire Elena! Cos that what is IT for him!!! Now that he has got her he will not want to let her go!!!

I guess I detoured from my point, I don't know...
    but I get Damon saying what he said to Elena, it is him, and I think that none of it is out of his character!!!JMO.

#64   2013/02/09 06:40AM
    aerinha

Quote stjarna:

Well, actually, Damon was who Damon really is last night ( I said that I was disappointe- cos I thought they will show epicness and have him for it- but really it would not be Damon!!!)
    Damon, how I see him- is someone who is not really a strong character, good deep down, but with a lot of insecurities which he masks with his bad behaviour, which is his shield that he uses so skillfully... and as a human he was all for the forbidden and dangerous, hence Katerina.... and he wanted to drink from her, Stefan was compelled, right!!!
    So, katerina, imo, is the right one for him!!!He wants the woman to be going round with him and have good time- and now that Elena is a vampire it is just right for him... he is not the type that wants to settle down ( remember end of season when he first met her - persuming she wants more- excitement, to see the world...)- and I guess part of Elena wants that but I think, she wants the love and the home more!!! Back to Damon- I don't think he messes up when things become difficult- it is just his nature- his the bad-boy and he will always love the naughty - and he won't change for anyone -not even for his love... remember the scene last season when he attacked Caroline's dad and Elena stopped him and wondered why he is still doing the bad thing- and he even then said to her do not make me or think I will be Stefan.... Damon now, more than ever can see that actually the bond made her act on feelings she has for him, but actually it is someone like Stefan she actually really wants... ( and as Elejah fan here- I wish it is Elijah she chooses ultimately- LOL )

So, him turning 180 degrees- maybe not.... it is Damon all along- he is conflicted all the time- as he has so much to deal still within himself....does he really want Elena... or was it Katerina that he wants all along... or a fusion of Elena and Katerina...
    He wants vampire Elena! Cos that what is IT for him!!! Now that he has got her he will not want to let her go!!!

but I get Damon saying what he said to Elena, it is him, and I think that none of it is out of his character!!!JMO.

I was commenting on how fast Damon's turn was. He wasn't going to let Shane get to him, the immediately let Shane get to him.

Damon not wanting to be human, I get, and figured would be his take. Him wanting Elena to stay a vampire would have made sense as his first reaction until he found out abuot the sire bond, but from day one he was onboard with curing her and in one day he changed his mind. For him to turn that fast, to me, required more conflict than "I'll cure you for Stefan, I'll cure you to make sure you love me, shut up Shane I'm onto you, Shane is right, I don't want you cured."

And it's not like he's willing to be with her as a vampire and things are perfect and she's ruining it with the cure. He refuses to really be with her because of the stupid bond, which can't be broken (stupidly) wihtout curing her. In one ep they really left no options for Delena to be a couple with this new stance. Granted it's a stance Stelena should have had to deal with long ago that was largely ignored, but they didn't have the unbreakable bond in there to make it that much more convoluted. Again, I hate the boxed in writing they do with this show. Everything narrowed to one dumb thing.

On top of that, he told Stefan he was ok with Elena either way and he had no problems chasing her before she was a vampire. So for him to suddenly tell her the human/vampire thing doesn't work (which is true) is a big change to happen over night.

What I guess I'm saying is, the writers yet again wanted there to be a twist and instead of making it fit, they again just threw it in and it really doesn't jive with what happened the ep before.

It just seemed to me that once they killed the only fly in the cure ointment, Kol, they decided they needed another so Damon changed his mind to complicate things.

I often feel the writers throw darts at story ideas and go where it lands instead of with what makes sense

#65   2013/02/09 07:13AM
    XPac

Quote aerinha:
    Quote stjarna:

I was commenting on how fast Damon's turn was. He wasn't going to let Shane get to him, the immediately let Shane get to him.

Damon not wanting to be human, I get, and figured would be his take. Him wanting Elena to stay a vampire would have made sense as his first reaction until he found out abuot the sire bond, but from day one he was onboard with curing her and in one day he changed his mind. For him to turn that fast, to me, required more conflict than "I'll cure you for Stefan, I'll cure you to make sure you love me, shut up Shane I'm onto you, Shane is right, I don't want you cured."

And it's not like he's willing to be with her as a vampire and things are perfect and she's ruining it with the cure. He refuses to really be with her because of the stupid bond, which can't be broken (stupidly) wihtout curing her. In one ep they really left no options for Delena to be a couple with this new stance. Granted it's a stance Stelena should have had to deal with long ago that was largely ignored, but they didn't have the unbreakable bond in there to make it that much more convoluted. Again, I hate the boxed in writing they do with this show. Everything narrowed to one dumb thing.

On top of that, he told Stefan he was ok with Elena either way and he had no problems chasing her before she was a vampire. So for him to suddenly tell her the human/vampire thing doesn't work (which is true) is a big change to happen over night.

What I guess I'm saying is, the writers yet again wanted there to be a twist and instead of making it fit, they again just threw it in and it really doesn't jive with what happened the ep before.

It just seemed to me that once they killed the only fly in the cure ointment, Kol, they decided they needed another so Damon changed his mind to complicate things.

I often feel the writers throw darts at story ideas and go where it lands instead of with what makes sense

I think the big difference is that up to this point Damon never really thought about being with Elena long term.

Stefan has essentially been dating her since day one. So he's had 3 years to imagine marrying her and having kids with her and all that. Damon only started thinking about that sort of thing lately, because once Elena started dating Damon she was already a vampire. It's really the first time he has to stop and consider all of that.

He arguably should have before... but he probably didn't because I don't think deep down he really expected Elena to choose him over Stefan anyways, especially after she did in fact choose Stefan after she made her choice.

But again, most of this is just him allowing his own fears to get the better of him. He'll help her find the cure because that's what she wants. And afterwards, what happens happens.

#66   2013/02/09 09:55AM
    stjarna

Quote aerinha:
    Quote stjarna:

I often feel the writers throw darts at story ideas and go where it lands instead of with what makes sense :D

the flow of the story and the characters since mid season 3 to today, imo, really has gone downwards- you are right- about the boxing of things and then the darts connotation-
    some characters get good development, imo, like Bonnie, and then others are left to grow randomly.... it's a little bit of bad Stefan, then the goodyStefan is on- it's wishy washy lately most of the time....I asked myself why I continue watching.... I guess I am hoping they will get on track...
    the give crumbs with all the characters- like for example there is so much they could do with Matt and Rebekah, and that is left on backburner....
    I guess we are left with these darts,....

#67   2013/02/10 10:24AM
    sharon n nic...

Last Thursday show.....

Seeing Shane all hour long was a bit much!

#68   2013/02/23 09:53AM
    stjarna

What's your take on where the show will go from here?
    And do you feel like they all got lost in writing- or is it that I am so underwehlemed...

Killing off (ok, I know might not be for good!) some major characters is really too much now, and the effect of the shock now is more the effect of -have you really lost the plot... I still think that development of characters doesn't seem to be important- or - I am just so off the mark...

#69   2013/02/23 01:30PM
    aerinha

The cgi flames were really bad.

They seem to like to spend the first part of the season with a slow build with some character building, then drop all that to do constant action at thenend. It is like they realize they only have x shows left and have to step it up. If they spec up the first half and saved some character building for the end, it would improve things.

They totally forgot about Delena in all this. Just like when Stlenea had sex and were left as a couple whose relationship was there but never really shown, they left Delena in limbo where theybhad sex, the bond drove them apart and now he isnt enough to ground Elena because peopel with no family apparently cant survive alone or lean on friends of course everyone on the show has like one family member and Tyler survived it, but Elena must become a basketcase because the show is about "family".

Does Julie Plec even read what she writes?

This season was supposed to show Elena using what Ric taught her and Jp said Elena thought her vampire strenght would keep people safe ok, I dont know what everyone else saw so far, but Elena has never shown a moment of gratitude for being a vampire, mentioned how she could use being one to help anyone or even really had an enemynto fight. All i have seen is a fragile flower whining she doesnt want the strength she now has and falling apart because shebis too weak to stand alone.

I see bad Elena lasting one or two eps, she wont be able to handle that either so they will have to make her turn them back on.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/02/23 01:31PM
    #70   2013/02/23 04:11PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna: What's your take on where the show will go from here?
    And do you feel like they all got lost in writing- or is it that I am so underwehlemed...

Killing off (ok, I know might not be for good!) some major characters is really too much now, and the effect of the shock now is more the effect of -have you really lost the plot... I still think that development of characters doesn't seem to be important- or - I am just so off the mark...

stjarna, I feel the same way.

Elena and Damon I'm lost.... happy..... but lost.

We start to love the charters on the show and when they die we feel bad.

It's good for the show, not to good for the writers, because we get mad at them.

The shock value was there when we saw Katherine.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list