List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Underwhelmed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Underwhelmed

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/14 02:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/16 01:17PM, Views: 3682, Replies: 76
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #51   2013/01/26 07:52AM
    Re: Underwhelmed
    aerinha

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote aerinha: Resurrecting this because I was underwhelmed by last night's ep.

I spent most of it wondering what the writers were smoking when they came up with the dialogue and plot.

When last we left them, Damon told Elena to come to him post ILY. So they had her turn up to leave again without so much as a kiss. Stefan wanted her cured to know how she felt, but this week is done with her, cold to her and is sleeping with someone she hates. Um Stefan, what if it is the bond? Whiny though she is, the chick spent all last season trying to get you to feel and you refused, she never gave up. You know therre is a chance her love of Damon is a sham, how are you explaining all this to her if she's cured and runs to you? Sorry darling, I can't love you if you aren't perfect, but now you are so we're good until you gray?

Rebekah calling Elena a selfish child. True, but so is Rebekah who wants everyone to lknow she hurts and to hurt with her. Spoiled brat in the century mark aisle. And if she is such a cultured woman, why is she desperate for high school kids to like her?

Stefan resisted compulsion, Damon said. Yeah, for five seconds before Klaus forced him to turn off his feeling s and we got a season of grunting. Did they watch last season or did they really think Stefan resisted somewhere in there? Cause thatis not what I saw.

Elijahhid to escape the sibling bickering? No, he left in shame at his own actions.

Jeremy can't kill innocent people. Sorry Charlie, but Klaus killed innocent people and turned them into compelled murderers. Time to learn that self defense isn't wrong.

The old Elena never would have left Damon in charge and then left the cabin. Yes, she would have stayed to whine and nag, but her leaving and not sticking around to try to have her way wS a mark of maturity in my book. But no, it is the bond and wrong according to Matt.

Yet again I wonder who wrote this. Not only did it not match up with last ep's ending, it seemed to have forgotten all last season.

People are cheering Stefan telling off Elena. She had no business in his romantic life, but he is not the victims here. He dumped her, he treated her as lesser and he knew she had feelings for Damon. While her self centered questions at the end annoyed me, after what he put her through last season and after hearing how he drove her away this season, he owed her more than that. She never gave up, he gave up right away. Which means he loves her less than she loved him and less than Damon loves her because Damkn faced years of rejection and held on.

In one fell swoop I lost interest in Stefan and Stelena.

They also found another way to stall Delena.

Also heard How fierce Bonnie was. Ok, all I saw was the same clenched jaw and flat eyes she always has.

Best part was Stefan snapping Damon's neck and Elena wanting to kill Kol. Miss no one can die grew a pair. Guess all the thousands of innocent people that will die with Kol don't count to her, which gives her points with me finally, but belies the whining about the innocents Klaus wanted Jeremynto kill at the start. Again WTF writing for the night.

Doubt she will succeed. The originals always win, the home team always loses.

My grade for the night is a C.

Great Post!

I was waiting all week for Elena to go to Damon, ..... and than nothing, not even a kiss!

Her going up there was basically so she could find out what Damon did and then get scolded by Matt for leaving Damon in charge and then leaving when told to.

They just did it to say again that Elena isn't the old Elena even though she spent all except the last 5 seconds acting just like the old Elena.

Why not have her arrive afterward while an exhausted Jeremy was asleep, go to bed with Damon and have an angry Jeremy burst in in the morning to alert Elean to what happened and put Damon on notice that it wasn't happening again? They dropped the whole ILY thread.

#52   2013/01/26 08:45AM
    XPac

Quote aerinha:

I spent most of it wondering what the writers were smoking when they came up with the dialogue and plot.

When last we left them, Damon told Elena to come to him post ILY. So they had her turn up to leave again without so much as a kiss. Stefan wanted her cured to know how she felt, but this week is done with her, cold to her and is sleeping with someone she hates. Um Stefan, what if it is the bond? Whiny though she is, the chick spent all last season trying to get you to feel and you refused, she never gave up. You know therre is a chance her love of Damon is a sham, how are you explaining all this to her if she's cured and runs to you? Sorry darling, I can't love you if you aren't perfect, but now you are so we're good until you gray?

Rebekah calling Elena a selfish child. True, but so is Rebekah who wants everyone to lknow she hurts and to hurt with her. Spoiled brat in the century mark aisle. And if she is such a cultured woman, why is she desperate for high school kids to like her?

Stefan resisted compulsion, Damon said. Yeah, for five seconds before Klaus forced him to turn off his feeling s and we got a season of grunting. Did they watch last season or did they really think Stefan resisted somewhere in there? Cause thatis not what I saw.

Elijahhid to escape the sibling bickering? No, he left in shame at his own actions.

Jeremy can't kill innocent people. Sorry Charlie, but Klaus killed innocent people and turned them into compelled murderers. Time to learn that self defense isn't wrong.

The old Elena never would have left Damon in charge and then left the cabin. Yes, she would have stayed to whine and nag, but her leaving and not sticking around to try to have her way wS a mark of maturity in my book. But no, it is the bond and wrong according to Matt.

Yet again I wonder who wrote this. Not only did it not match up with last ep's ending, it seemed to have forgotten all last season.

People are cheering Stefan telling off Elena. She had no business in his romantic life, but he is not the victims here. He dumped her, he treated her as lesser and he knew she had feelings for Damon. While her self centered questions at the end annoyed me, after what he put her through last season and after hearing how he drove her away this season, he owed her more than that. She never gave up, he gave up right away. Which means he loves her less than she loved him and less than Damon loves her because Damkn faced years of rejection and held on.

Also heard How fierce Bonnie was. Ok, all I saw was the same clenched jaw and flat eyes she always has.

Best part was Stefan snapping Damon's neck and Elena wanting to kill Kol. Miss no one can die grew a pair. Guess all the thousands of innocent people that will die with Kol don't count to her, which gives her points with me finally, but belies the whining about the innocents Klaus wanted Jeremynto kill at the start. Again WTF writing for the night.

Great Post!

I was waiting all week for Elena to go to Damon, ..... and than nothing, not even a kiss!

Her going up there was basically so she could find out what Damon did and then get scolded by Matt for leaving Damon in charge and then leaving when told to.

They just did it to say again that Elena isn't the old Elena even though she spent all except the last 5 seconds acting just like the old Elena.

Why not have her arrive afterward while an exhausted Jeremy was asleep, go to bed with Damon and have an angry Jeremy burst in in the morning to alert Elean to what happened and put Damon on notice that it wasn't happening again? They dropped the whole ILY thread.

It is SO weird how everyone goes on and on about how different Elena is. Aside from obviously being more attracted to Damon, I can't tell the difference.

Are the writers and actress not doing a good enough job showing that she's different, or are views supposed to be saying "WTF are they talking about" everytime someone says it? It's weird.

#53   2013/01/26 09:08AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha:

Great Post!

It is SO weird how everyone goes on and on about how different Elena is. Aside from obviously being more attracted to Damon, I can't tell the difference.

Are the writers and actress not doing a good enough job showing that she's different, or are views supposed to be saying "WTF are they talking about" everytime someone says it? It's weird.

I wish I knew!

I find myself watching the show again to understand it alittle better. Does anybody else?

#54   2013/01/26 09:50AM
    aerinha

Usually rewatch, but I was so disgusted, I deleted it off the dvr immediately.

The writers pay little attention to developing any charcter beyond Damon, so I think they are not showing us the change in Elena and are settling for everyone babbling about how different she is. Throw in a couple scenes of her partying, of her telling April to GFH after sicking Bex on them and I'd call her different. But so far the only difference is that she loves Damon.

When she killed Connor, that was a difference, but then she cried over it and it was then actualy the bond's fault so it doesn't count. Her wanting to kill Kol is another, if she actually makes the attempt it will count.

She does hate Bex now and rages pointlessly against her, which is more than human Elena did about blood stealing, aunt killing, boyfriend compelling Klaus. At least one reveng wish therre was warranted. So I guess Elena actually hating someone who did a hateful thing to her instead of rolling over is a change.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/26 09:51AM
    #55   2013/01/26 09:57AM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: Usually rewatch, but I was so disgusted, I deleted it off the dvr immediately.

The writers pay little attention to developing any charcter beyond Damon, so I think they are not showing us the change in Elena and are settling for everyone babbling about how different she is. Throw in a couple scenes of her partying, of her telling April to GFH after sicking Bex on them and I'd call her different. But so far the only difference is that she loves Damon.

When she killed Connor, that was a difference, but then she cried over it and it was then actualy the bond's fault so it doesn't count. Her wanting to kill Kol is another, if she actually makes the attempt it will count.

She does hate Bex now and rages pointlessly against her, which is more than human Elena did about blood stealing, aunt killing, boyfriend compelling Klaus. At least one reveng wish therre was warranted. So I guess Elena actually hating someone who did a hateful thing to her instead of rolling over is a change.

I don't think even normal Elena would necessarily have problems killing a vampire that was going to endanger her family. She schemed to kill Klaus at the end of season 2, and assisted in helping to kill Finn. SHe personally didn't do the deed, but she went along with it.

She even went along with Esters plan to kill all the originals, though she did feel bad about that because she believed SOME of them didn't deserve it. But sire bond or no sire bond, I don't think she'll be shedding too many tears over Kol.

#56   2013/01/26 10:43AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha: Usually rewatch, but I was so disgusted, I deleted it off the dvr immediately.

I don't think even normal Elena would necessarily have problems killing a vampire that was going to endanger her family. She schemed to kill Klaus at the end of season 2, and assisted in helping to kill Finn. SHe personally didn't do the deed, but she went along with it.

She even went along with Esters plan to kill all the originals, though she did feel bad about that because she believed SOME of them didn't deserve it. But sire bond or no sire bond, I don't think she'll be shedding too many tears over Kol.

maybe she'll change over time.......?

#57   2013/01/26 10:56AM
    XPac

I suppose one big risk Elena is taking is the possibility that Kol might be the person that sired their line of vamps.

Klaus said it was him (and I personally believe him), but ya never know. KLaus could have lied so to they would't move agianst him.

Last season we saw Elijah and Rebekah say they didn't sire the Salvatores line.... but we never saw Kol on panel deny it.

#58   2013/01/26 03:15PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac: I suppose one big risk Elena is taking is the possibility that Kol might be the person that sired their line of vamps.

Klaus said it was him (and I personally believe him), but ya never know. KLaus could have lied so to they would't move agianst him.

Last season we saw Elijah and Rebekah say they didn't sire the Salvatores line.... but we never saw Kol on panel deny it.

It doesn't make sense to kill Kol unless they believe Klaus.

I don't know if I would bet my dead life on it.

#59   2013/01/26 03:20PM
    XPac

Quote XPac: I suppose one big risk Elena is taking is the possibility that Kol might be the person that sired their line of vamps.

The safest thing to do might be to just dagger Kol just in case.

It free's Damon at least for the short term (which is probably Elena's immediate concern). Not sure that helps with the hunters mark though... if that counts, maybe they can just keep daggering and undaggering Kol until the mark is complete. But I'm assuming it won't be that easy.

#60   2013/01/26 03:34PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:

The safest thing to do might be to just dagger Kol just in case.

It free's Damon at least for the short term (which is probably Elena's immediate concern). Not sure that helps with the hunters mark though... if that counts, maybe they can just keep daggering and undaggering Kol until the mark is complete. But I'm assuming it won't be that easy.

If Jeremy kills Kol the hunters mark will be complete because he is an original.

I don't think just daggering than undaggering will do anything. Because aren't they still some what alive?

I think you would have to really kill them dead for it to work.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list