List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Underwhelmed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Underwhelmed

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/14 02:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/16 01:17PM, Views: 4407, Replies: 76
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #41   2012/12/31 02:29PM
    Re: Underwhelmed
    XPac

Yeah, I did like how they always made it feel like Damon had a shot with Elena. Even in the first season, which was 99% about Stefan and Elena they always threw in a few things (like the dance Damon and Elena had at the Ms. Mystic Falls Pagent) which made Damon and Elena feel like a real possibility.

Plus, Ian does such a good job of selling the relationship with a mere look. And that's obviously something the book can't replicate. A 5 second scene with him glancing at Elena across the room is enough to get viewers to jump on that bandwagon.

#42   2012/12/31 06:56PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac: Yeah, I did like how they always made it feel like Damon had a shot with Elena. Even in the first season, which was 99% about Stefan and Elena they always threw in a few things (like the dance Damon and Elena had at the Ms. Mystic Falls Pagent) which made Damon and Elena feel like a real possibility.

Plus, Ian does such a good job of selling the relationship with a mere look. And that's obviously something the book can't replicate. A 5 second scene with him glancing at Elena across the room is enough to get viewers to jump on that bandwagon.

I jumped!

#43   2012/12/31 07:03PM
    aerinha

Ian is just walking sex

Loved him on Lost where he actually had me rooting for his character to continue an otherwise icky relationship with his stepsister simply because he sold the emotion so well.

I am not a 50 Shade fan, but if Ian gets his wish to play Grey I may have to see it.

#44   2012/12/31 07:18PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha: Ian is just walking sex

Loved him on Lost where he actually had me rooting for his character to continue an otherwise icky relationship with his stepsister simply because he sold the emotion so well.

I am not a 50 Shade fan, but if Ian gets his wish to play Grey I may have to see it.

I didn't read the books either but I would go to the movies to see Ian.

#45   2013/01/01 06:30AM
    aerinha

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:

I read the books without conulting friends who when I complained I hated them all said, "oh so did I". Should have talked to them and saved myself the money And then becasue I stupidly bought all 3 at once, I wound up reading them all because I paid for them.

No objection to subject matter, however they are not what TV bills them as. I thought they were about a woman getting pulled into a lifestyle she never knew about and liking it...basically they are Twilight with a man into S&M instead of being a vampire and his new love "saves" him from everything that made him remotely interesting. WIth a lot of each of them being insanely jealous.

There I saved you $30

#46   2013/01/01 03:49PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva:

I read the books without conulting friends who when I complained I hated them all said, "oh so did I". Should have talked to them and saved myself the money And then becasue I stupidly bought all 3 at once, I wound up reading them all because I paid for them.

No objection to subject matter, however they are not what TV bills them as. I thought they were about a woman getting pulled into a lifestyle she never knew about and liking it...basically they are Twilight with a man into S&M instead of being a vampire and his new love "saves" him from everything that made him remotely interesting. WIth a lot of each of them being insanely jealous.

There I saved you $30

lol Thanks....

#47   2013/01/25 03:26PM
    aerinha

Resurrecting this because I was underwhelmed by last night's ep.

I spent most of it wondering what the writers were smoking when they came up with the dialogue and plot.

When last we left them, Damon told Elena to come to him post ILY. So they had her turn up to leave again without so much as a kiss. Stefan wanted her cured to know how she felt, but this week is done with her, cold to her and is sleeping with someone she hates. Um Stefan, what if it is the bond? Whiny though she is, the chick spent all last season trying to get you to feel and you refused, she never gave up. You know therre is a chance her love of Damon is a sham, how are you explaining all this to her if she's cured and runs to you? Sorry darling, I can't love you if you aren't perfect, but now you are so we're good until you gray?

Rebekah calling Elena a selfish child. True, but so is Rebekah who wants everyone to lknow she hurts and to hurt with her. Spoiled brat in the century mark aisle. And if she is such a cultured woman, why is she desperate for high school kids to like her?

Stefan resisted compulsion, Damon said. Yeah, for five seconds before Klaus forced him to turn off his feeling s and we got a season of grunting. Did they watch last season or did they really think Stefan resisted somewhere in there? Cause thatis not what I saw.

Elijahhid to escape the sibling bickering? No, he left in shame at his own actions.

Jeremy can't kill innocent people. Sorry Charlie, but Klaus killed innocent people and turned them into compelled murderers. Time to learn that self defense isn't wrong.

The old Elena never would have left Damon in charge and then left the cabin. Yes, she would have stayed to whine and nag, but her leaving and not sticking around to try to have her way wS a mark of maturity in my book. But no, it is the bond and wrong according to Matt.

Yet again I wonder who wrote this. Not only did it not match up with last ep's ending, it seemed to have forgotten all last season.

People are cheering Stefan telling off Elena. She had no business in his romantic life, but he is not the victims here. He dumped her, he treated her as lesser and he knew she had feelings for Damon. While her self centered questions at the end annoyed me, after what he put her through last season and after hearing how he drove her away this season, he owed her more than that. She never gave up, he gave up right away. Which means he loves her less than she loved him and less than Damon loves her because Damkn faced years of rejection and held on.

In one fell swoop I lost interest in Stefan and Stelena.

They also found another way to stall Delena.

Also heard How fierce Bonnie was. Ok, all I saw was the same clenched jaw and flat eyes she always has.

Best part was Stefan snapping Damon's neck and Elena wanting to kill Kol. Miss no one can die grew a pair. Guess all the thousands of innocent people that will die with Kol don't count to her, which gives her points with me finally, but belies the whining about the innocents Klaus wanted Jeremynto kill at the start. Again WTF writing for the night.

Doubt she will succeed. The originals always win, the home team always loses.

My grade for the night is a C.

#48   2013/01/25 10:44PM
    XPac

I did think it was pretty stupid that everyone had such a problem with Jeremy killing those vamps early on.

Yeah, they were innocent people... but Klaus already killed them. Might as well finish them off so they don't go around eating anyone. I get why they were mad at Klaus to some degree, but if he went and did it anyways might as well take advantage of it.

#49   2013/01/26 07:26AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac: I did think it was pretty stupid that everyone had such a problem with Jeremy killing those vamps early on.

Yeah, they were innocent people... but Klaus already killed them. Might as well finish them off so they don't go around eating anyone. I get why they were mad at Klaus to some degree, but if he went and did it anyways might as well take advantage of it.

There is nothing they can do anyway, when it comes to Klaus.
    He does what he wants!

Klaus is some what level headed in all of this

Kill people, make them vampires, have Jermey kill them, get the cure.

End of story......

#50   2013/01/26 07:31AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha: Resurrecting this because I was underwhelmed by last night's ep.

I spent most of it wondering what the writers were smoking when they came up with the dialogue and plot.

When last we left them, Damon told Elena to come to him post ILY. So they had her turn up to leave again without so much as a kiss. Stefan wanted her cured to know how she felt, but this week is done with her, cold to her and is sleeping with someone she hates. Um Stefan, what if it is the bond? Whiny though she is, the chick spent all last season trying to get you to feel and you refused, she never gave up. You know therre is a chance her love of Damon is a sham, how are you explaining all this to her if she's cured and runs to you? Sorry darling, I can't love you if you aren't perfect, but now you are so we're good until you gray?

Rebekah calling Elena a selfish child. True, but so is Rebekah who wants everyone to lknow she hurts and to hurt with her. Spoiled brat in the century mark aisle. And if she is such a cultured woman, why is she desperate for high school kids to like her?

Stefan resisted compulsion, Damon said. Yeah, for five seconds before Klaus forced him to turn off his feeling s and we got a season of grunting. Did they watch last season or did they really think Stefan resisted somewhere in there? Cause thatis not what I saw.

Elijahhid to escape the sibling bickering? No, he left in shame at his own actions.

Jeremy can't kill innocent people. Sorry Charlie, but Klaus killed innocent people and turned them into compelled murderers. Time to learn that self defense isn't wrong.

The old Elena never would have left Damon in charge and then left the cabin. Yes, she would have stayed to whine and nag, but her leaving and not sticking around to try to have her way wS a mark of maturity in my book. But no, it is the bond and wrong according to Matt.

Yet again I wonder who wrote this. Not only did it not match up with last ep's ending, it seemed to have forgotten all last season.

People are cheering Stefan telling off Elena. She had no business in his romantic life, but he is not the victims here. He dumped her, he treated her as lesser and he knew she had feelings for Damon. While her self centered questions at the end annoyed me, after what he put her through last season and after hearing how he drove her away this season, he owed her more than that. She never gave up, he gave up right away. Which means he loves her less than she loved him and less than Damon loves her because Damkn faced years of rejection and held on.

In one fell swoop I lost interest in Stefan and Stelena.

They also found another way to stall Delena.

Also heard How fierce Bonnie was. Ok, all I saw was the same clenched jaw and flat eyes she always has.

Best part was Stefan snapping Damon's neck and Elena wanting to kill Kol. Miss no one can die grew a pair. Guess all the thousands of innocent people that will die with Kol don't count to her, which gives her points with me finally, but belies the whining about the innocents Klaus wanted Jeremynto kill at the start. Again WTF writing for the night.

Doubt she will succeed. The originals always win, the home team always loses.

My grade for the night is a C.

Great Post!

I was waiting all week for Elena to go to Damon, ..... and than nothing, not even a kiss!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/26 07:33AM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list