List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Underwhelmed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Underwhelmed

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/14 02:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/16 01:17PM, Views: 4527, Replies: 76
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #31   2012/12/30 01:29AM
    Re: Underwhelmed
    stjarna

Quote XPac:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote XPac:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva: I think the fans had alot to do with Damon and Elena getting together.

Did the Writers just throw us a bone with this sire stuff??

I do wonder if the writers decided to sort of switch gears with the triangle, especially after the actors playing Damon and Elena started dating.

Obviously it was a triangle from day one, but it was a somewhat lobsided one heavily in favor of Stefan at least in the first and even second season.

But once Elena said mentioned that she might have chosen Damon if they had met first, and they revealed that Damon in fact did meet her first, I really felt a strong shift in the other direction.

This may be my own personal bias, but I almost think the show at this point wants you to root for Damon because he's kind of the underdog.

I do think the sire bond is a "safe" way to get Damon and Elena together, while still being able to return things to status quo down the line without much difficulty. Things can easily sort of "reset" once she's cured or whatever.

Now that Elena slept with Damon will she ever sleep with Stefan again? I hope not, but will the Writes go there.

Is it ok in Vampire land to sleep with someone?

are there any rules???

They did mention earlier in the season a rule about a girlfriend who dates a vampire not sucking on another vampire's blood. Damon implied that was sort of a vampire no-no when he allowed Elena to drink from him. Maybe to vamps that's sort of the equivalent of sex.

As far as sex goes... technically Elena was broken up with Stefan when she slept with Damon. Though Stefan obviously isn't thrilled about that, I don't think they technically broke any "rules." Though I suppose when you're dealing with brothers, it's sort of messed up no matter what.

If they put Elena back with Stefan, it will be super lame- and then she is just a messed up sl%t- and she being a vampire or a human would make her someone with no strong character- and she is no better than Katerina- and that's,imo, not just lame but really rubbish!!!

It is so much better when vampires have no rules!!!!

IMO, I think that it was from day one planned that Damon and Elena get together- and I loved the way their love story started... why couldn't they do the angsty romance thing with them- is romance obsolete and overrated nowadays?!
    cos - you put it right - now it is all kind of technically-
    it should be stuff of Angel and Buffy- the ache, the can't have, the want, the proufound smth...
    or that's in the past?!

Triangle with brothers involved never is a good thing, imo, girl coming between brothers- is smth heading for a disaster...
    Damon loves Stefan, an he was conflicted about him falling for his brother's girl- and they should have played with this conflict within Damon, imo-
    anyway- it is all now done technically!!! And that makes me also underwehlmed!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/30 01:37AM
    #32   2012/12/30 01:42AM
    stjarna

Forgot to add- LOL

Hence- that's why they should put Elijah in the mixture to completely rattle the cage with the Salvatores-Elena!!!!

#33   2012/12/30 03:12PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna: Forgot to add- LOL

Hence- that's why they should put Elijah in the mixture to completely rattle the cage with the Salvatores-Elena!!!!

#34   2012/12/30 07:45PM
    aerinha

Buffy had a great human element. Sometimes the monster was a monster and sometimes it was a metaphor for a life issue. Diaires could use that.

Imagine if Uncle John (who should always have been an uncle the adoption thing was dumb) became Elena's guardian either by legally gaining control or after .jenna died and got in the way of Stelena. Human issue, giving them something to triumph over, that was a break from the season long supernatural issue.

Their biggest prob is that every ep has to harp on the season's problem and the characters are moved around to forward it instead of their actions in life ofrwarding the action.

I liked .stelena, I just got bored with them because they wrote them like an old married couple. No love scenes after the first one, breaking up everyn time there was a bump.

Where was Elena's worry that Stefan might want Katherine back? Why couldn't ripper Stefan turn good over the pain of seeing Elena kiss Damon? Why did we have to know who she picked before she died?

Imagine if Elena went off the bridge, vanished, Matt was in a coma and the others spent an ep fighting over who she was going to before er death. Matt wakes, can't remember because vampire Elena compelled him not to.

Sharon I can't figure out who they are jerking around with the sire bond. Til now I would swear Delena would never happen, they were stringing along fans so they kept watching while she'd wind up with Stefan. This could be more of a same, use the bond to say it was the only reason she wanted him. Or they could now be toying with .stelena fans. Give them a hope that it is all fake so they keep watching.

Joey did pick Pacey, but KW wasn't with Dawson by then. However that s driven by fan retraction.

Season three started out ok, but Elena should have moved on when she said she would. Dated a human or two, then just when she kissed .damkn, Stefan sees it and the pain makes him feel. He spends the rest of the season faking being bad so Klaus won't know and to spy on how close Elena is to Damon and for how long. For me it fell apart when Elena Went right back to begging him to love her again.

#35   2012/12/30 07:53PM
    aerinha

How this bond thing ends will be telling. If it breaks and she loves both, ok. If she still loves Damon alone, ok. If she runs back to Stefan it's clear the writers are using Delena fans for ratings and they will never happen for real.

I suspect this is a test. Both of how long they can string along Stelena fans (Delena fans lasted three seasons) and if the Moonlighting effect will take hold if Delena are together. If ratings drop, they will end Delena, if they stay up they may continue with them.

A triangle to me is one person equally loving two others. iMO this show has never done that. It went from Elena being all about Stefan to her being all aboutbDamon. The closest it came was season three where she seemed to slowly be falling for Damon, but we saw where that went.

I risk getting flamed for this, but I am not a big fan of JP, I wish Kevin creator of Sydney Prescott and Joeybpotter would take over for some girl power.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/30 07:53PM
    #36   2012/12/30 08:38PM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: Buffy had a great human element. Sometimes the monster was a monster and sometimes it was a metaphor for a life issue. Diaires could use that.

Imagine if Uncle John (who should always have been an uncle the adoption thing was dumb) became Elena's guardian either by legally gaining control or after .jenna died and got in the way of Stelena. Human issue, giving them something to triumph over, that was a break from the season long supernatural issue.

Their biggest prob is that every ep has to harp on the season's problem and the characters are moved around to forward it instead of their actions in life ofrwarding the action.

I liked .stelena, I just got bored with them because they wrote them like an old married couple. No love scenes after the first one, breaking up everyn time there was a bump.

Where was Elena's worry that Stefan might want Katherine back? Why couldn't ripper Stefan turn good over the pain of seeing Elena kiss Damon? Why did we have to know who she picked before she died?

Imagine if Elena went off the bridge, vanished, Matt was in a coma and the others spent an ep fighting over who she was going to before er death. Matt wakes, can't remember because vampire Elena compelled him not to.

Sharon I can't figure out who they are jerking around with the sire bond. Til now I would swear Delena would never happen, they were stringing along fans so they kept watching while she'd wind up with Stefan. This could be more of a same, use the bond to say it was the only reason she wanted him. Or they could now be toying with .stelena fans. Give them a hope that it is all fake so they keep watching.

Joey did pick Pacey, but KW wasn't with Dawson by then. However that s driven by fan retraction.

Season three started out ok, but Elena should have moved on when she said she would. Dated a human or two, then just when she kissed .damkn, Stefan sees it and the pain makes him feel. He spends the rest of the season faking being bad so Klaus won't know and to spy on how close Elena is to Damon and for how long. For me it fell apart when Elena Went right back to begging him to love her again.

For what it's worth, Kevin Williamson actually DID write the final episode of Dawson's Creek. Who is to say if that was the actual outcome he intended from the very start... but he did co-write the final episode where Pacey gets Joey. So who knows... maybe he'll fly against expectations again.

For what it's worth, I think Elena will probably die or something in the end and neither brother will be able to live happily ever after with her. But that's just my guess.

#37   2012/12/31 06:44AM
    aerinha

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha: Buffy had a great human element. Sometimes the monster was a monster and sometimes it was a metaphor for a life issue. Diaires could use that.

For what it's worth, Kevin Williamson actually DID write the final episode of Dawson's Creek. Who is to say if that was the actual outcome he intended from the very start... but he did co-write the final episode where Pacey gets Joey. So who knows... maybe he'll fly against expectations again.

For what it's worth, I think Elena will probably die or something in the end and neither brother will be able to live happily ever after with her. But that's just my guess.

It has been so long on Dawson I forgot Kevin wrote the final ep. I only remembered he wrote the drippy ep where Dawson was Joey's "due North star" and then once he left, they put her with Pacey for a couple seasons. No saying if he made the choice on who she picked or not, but it does give me some hope on the Delena front.

I agree with you on the ending. I posted is somewhere on this board at one point, that based on the ep they were writing when they supposedly dreamed up Diaries' end, I suspect Elena will die to save the brothers, thus picking them both.

Did you read the original books? That was the ending to the first 3, but fan HATED it so she added the 4th book. By the time I read them in high school, all 4 were out so I knew it wasn't going to end with Elena dying, but that would have been sooooo unsatisfying. I would hope the TV writers realize there was a reason fans hated it and avoid it, but since it would be the last ep, what do they care if fans are mad?

I'd love it if they let Elena fake her death, like Katherine did in the books, because she knows it is the only way the brothers will bond and that she'll get out. Cut to 80 years later and the brothers go back to Mystic to find someone (Elena the vampire) left flowers on the graves of all her family and friends. They look at each other and it is own. Sort of an it's over, but not over, leaving fans to forever fight over who got her in the end.

I think it would be a great twist with the cure if Damon accidentally became human, breaking the bond. In the later books, I'm told as I stopped at 4, he did accidentally regain his humanity, but then changed back later.

#38   2012/12/31 06:59AM
    XPac

I did read the first set of books, but not the later ones. And for what it's worth, I'd be okay if the series finale was a homage to the ending of the first set of books. I didn't mind the ending personally.

Though unlike the TV, I never thought the books were really much of a triagle. At least the first set of books... maybe the later ones are more balanced, but I don't think Damon ever really had a shot in the books. Having NEITHER have Elena was about as close to a win as I honestly expected Damon to get to a "win."

It is sort of funny though that I'm starting to make parallels between this show and Dawson's Creek. Though ironically that show didn't really become a triangle until after KW left.

#39   2012/12/31 07:19AM
    stjarna

I have said it before that I wish they stay away from the books- and just continue doing their own thing!!!!

To all TVD fans hava a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

#40   2012/12/31 01:22PM
    aerinha

Quote XPac: I did read the first set of books, but not the later ones. And for what it's worth, I'd be okay if the series finale was a homage to the ending of the first set of books. I didn't mind the ending personally.

Though unlike the TV, I never thought the books were really much of a triagle. At least the first set of books... maybe the later ones are more balanced, but I don't think Damon ever really had a shot in the books. Having NEITHER have Elena was about as close to a win as I honestly expected Damon to get to a "win."

It is sort of funny though that I'm starting to make parallels between this show and Dawson's Creek. Though ironically that show didn't really become a triangle until after KW left.

Funny thing is that the next new ep is likened to the Breakfast Club and they did an Dawson ep just like that too. So there are parallels between the shows

I read the first four books about three or four years after they first came out. I remembered liking them, not loving them enough to reread endlessly, and actually gave them away in a college era cleaning binge. Never missed them. Wanted to read when the show started so borrowed from library, and was of the same opinion.

Never read the new books as they got horrible reviews online. Read the first page of book five at the store and the language actually made me cringe so I didn't buy.

From what others have said, while Damon gets a brief win in the later books, Elena still always picks Stefan.

I agree with you, the books were all about Stelena. That was an epic couple. I never as a teen or as a more than teen now felt that book Damon was that into Elena. She was more of a game that he wasn't sure he wanted to win. And book Elena never seemed that into him.

Tv made a much better case for Damon loving Elena and for her actually seeming to grow to love him. Now they just have to not ruin it.

The one book detail I wish they kept was the brothers killing each other over Katherine. I think it showed more how she destroyed them vs them teaming up to save her and getting killed by their father.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/31 01:24PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list