List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Underwhelmed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Underwhelmed

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/14 02:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/16 01:17PM, Views: 3706, Replies: 76
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #21   2012/12/29 08:05AM
    Re: Underwhelmed
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha: To me Klaus is a villain who over stayed his welcome. They did the redemption arc with Damon, I don't want to see aunt Jenna's murdere who tormented the heros for all of season three as a romantic character. If Carline falls for him, Elena has every right to treat her as horribly as Caroline is treating her about Damon.

But then the side charcters get shuffled around too much to already care about any of their relationships.

I don't think they expect Ian to bring such evil and yet humanity to Damon. They hired him because he was good, but I don't think they knew how good he was going to be. Speaking as a writer, the bad boy is more fun to write and I think they put more effort into developing Damon's journey than into making Stefan anything other than the good guy.

They did ripper Stefan but he was just, IMO, a dull copy of Damon. It is like they don't know what to do to make Stefan interesting. I fear now he is going to get another Damon recycle and be the guy obsessed with his ex, bent on curing Elena. Now that should be the story that turned him bad instead of Klaus compelling him.

I think with the whole Stefan ripper thing, they were trying to go for a sort of Angel/Angelus vibe like Angel from Buffy. But Stefan didn't QUITE pull it off as well... I just didn't quite buy it to the same degree. It was probably an attempt to him come off a bit darker and maybe a bit cooler... but I never really bought it. Stefan was just Stefan.

Maybe if it had lasted a bit longer, it might have worked better. Ripper Stefan just sort of came and went, and I think he kind of felt watered down because of it.

Your right, at the end of the day he was just Stefan.

I never really liked the Elena/Stefan romance. To me it was boring with no excitement.

Damon only had to look at Elena and I was "Oh my god" the chemistry was off the wall!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/29 08:06AM
    #22   2012/12/29 10:38AM
    XPac

I never disliked Stefan and Elena... I do think they had a nice chemistry.

But because there was so little build up to them getting together (unlike Damon and Elena which took like 3 years), I do think it is much harder for Stefan and Elena to feel as "epic." I know Caroline will disagree with that last part.

#23   2012/12/29 11:17AM
    stjarna

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha: To me Klaus is a villain who over stayed his welcome. They did the redemption arc with Damon, I don't want to see aunt Jenna's murdere who tormented the heros for all of season three as a romantic character. If Carline falls for him, Elena has every right to treat her as horribly as Caroline is treating her about Damon.

But then the side charcters get shuffled around too much to already care about any of their relationships.

I don't think they expect Ian to bring such evil and yet humanity to Damon. They hired him because he was good, but I don't think they knew how good he was going to be. Speaking as a writer, the bad boy is more fun to write and I think they put more effort into developing Damon's journey than into making Stefan anything other than the good guy.

They did ripper Stefan but he was just, IMO, a dull copy of Damon. It is like they don't know what to do to make Stefan interesting. I fear now he is going to get another Damon recycle and be the guy obsessed with his ex, bent on curing Elena. Now that should be the story that turned him bad instead of Klaus compelling him.

I think with the whole Stefan ripper thing, they were trying to go for a sort of Angel/Angelus vibe like Angel from Buffy. But Stefan didn't QUITE pull it off as well... I just didn't quite buy it to the same degree. It was probably an attempt to him come off a bit darker and maybe a bit cooler... but I never really bought it. Stefan was just Stefan.

Maybe if it had lasted a bit longer, it might have worked better. Ripper Stefan just sort of came and went, and I think he kind of felt watered down because of it.

Stefan should cross to the dark side completely,imo- they should not have brought him back last season to his goody-self- then the show would be even more interesting.

None of them can't be compared to any characters from Buffy or Angel, as I do not see depth in characterization at all.
    Although there are paralels with the shows- and it really makes TVD boring- like Elena's halucination thing... the ghost telling her to kill herself- so similar to Angel's thing in Amends when the first wanted him to kill himself- Damon sort od being Buffy - it underwehlmed tvd a lot to me.
    I continue to see how they progress, as they now sort of are smwhere two steps back....and I am slightly intrigued...so they upwehlmed me.lol

As to Caroline- I like that she is not nice- I'd like Elena and her to clash!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/29 11:19AM
    #24   2012/12/29 11:32AM
    XPac

I do think this show sometimes rushes things a bit too much.

The whole dark ripper Stefan really could have ran for an entire season, instead of maybe half a dozen episodes. The entire Original family likewise could have been at least half a season... but I think that entire thing ran like 2-3 episodes. I think they just jammed too much into season 3, and everything ended up getting watered down.

#25   2012/12/29 12:17PM
    stjarna

Quote XPac: I do think this show sometimes rushes things a bit too much.

The whole dark ripper Stefan really could have ran for an entire season, instead of maybe half a dozen episodes. The entire Original family likewise could have been at least half a season... but I think that entire thing ran like 2-3 episodes. I think they just jammed too much into season 3, and everything ended up getting watered down.

ITA!

Which also brings me to Delena, I would have prefered she slept with him in season 3- the buildup at the beginning of season 3 with them was great!- and it could have been sex, with a bit of guilt on Elena's part- just so it stays conflicted and angsty and a lot of crazy emotions-

now - them happening after having sort of chosen Stefan end of season 3- kind of did not give me the moment I was hoping for!That's me!!!!
    I want to add that I loved Delena straight away- but then Elijah appeared- so, love Elejah first - and then Delena!!!LOL

Anyway... season was jampacked with lots of stuff and I liked it, except for the last epi!

Storytelling is not easy!!!!

#26   2012/12/29 12:30PM
    XPac

Quote stjarna:
    Quote XPac: I do think this show sometimes rushes things a bit too much.

ITA!

Which also brings me to Delena, I would have prefered she slept with him in season 3- the buildup at the beginning of season 3 with them was great!- and it could have been sex, with a bit of guilt on Elena's part- just so it stays conflicted and angsty and a lot of crazy emotions-

now - them happening after having sort of chosen Stefan end of season 3- kind of did not give me the moment I was hoping for!That's me!!!!
    I want to add that I loved Delena straight away- but then Elijah appeared- so, love Elejah first - and then Delena!!!LOL

Anyway... season was jampacked with lots of stuff and I liked it, except for the last epi!

Storytelling is not easy!!!!

I do think they had Elena swing back and forth between Stefan and Damon a bit too much in the last 2 years.

She obviously got super close to Damon during the ripper stuff, then he got "better" and she ends up choosing Stefan. Then they break up and she sleeps with Damon.

It probably would have felt a bit more organic if the left that that middle part where she chooses Stefan. If she instead stayed kind of neutral then slowly moved towards Damon, rather than going straight from one to the other I think that might have worked better.

#27   2012/12/29 01:23PM
    sharon n nic...

I think the fans had alot to do with Damon and Elena getting together.

Did the Writers just throw us a bone with this sire stuff??

#28   2012/12/29 01:49PM
    XPac

Quote sharon n nick 4eva: I think the fans had alot to do with Damon and Elena getting together.

I do wonder if the writers decided to sort of switch gears with the triangle, especially after the actors playing Damon and Elena started dating.

Obviously it was a triangle from day one, but it was a somewhat lobsided one heavily in favor of Stefan at least in the first and even second season.

But once Elena said mentioned that she might have chosen Damon if they had met first, and they revealed that Damon in fact did meet her first, I really felt a strong shift in the other direction.

This may be my own personal bias, but I almost think the show at this point wants you to root for Damon because he's kind of the underdog.

I do think the sire bond is a "safe" way to get Damon and Elena together, while still being able to return things to status quo down the line without much difficulty. Things can easily sort of "reset" once she's cured or whatever.

#29   2012/12/29 04:24PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva: I think the fans had alot to do with Damon and Elena getting together.

I do wonder if the writers decided to sort of switch gears with the triangle, especially after the actors playing Damon and Elena started dating.

Obviously it was a triangle from day one, but it was a somewhat lobsided one heavily in favor of Stefan at least in the first and even second season.

But once Elena said mentioned that she might have chosen Damon if they had met first, and they revealed that Damon in fact did meet her first, I really felt a strong shift in the other direction.

This may be my own personal bias, but I almost think the show at this point wants you to root for Damon because he's kind of the underdog.

I do think the sire bond is a "safe" way to get Damon and Elena together, while still being able to return things to status quo down the line without much difficulty. Things can easily sort of "reset" once she's cured or whatever.

Now that Elena slept with Damon will she ever sleep with Stefan again? I hope not, but will the Writes go there.

Is it ok in Vampire land to sleep with someone?

are there any rules???

#30   2012/12/29 06:08PM
    XPac

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote XPac:

Now that Elena slept with Damon will she ever sleep with Stefan again? I hope not, but will the Writes go there.

Is it ok in Vampire land to sleep with someone?

are there any rules???

They did mention earlier in the season a rule about a girlfriend who dates a vampire not sucking on another vampire's blood. Damon implied that was sort of a vampire no-no when he allowed Elena to drink from him. Maybe to vamps that's sort of the equivalent of sex.

As far as sex goes... technically Elena was broken up with Stefan when she slept with Damon. Though Stefan obviously isn't thrilled about that, I don't think they technically broke any "rules." Though I suppose when you're dealing with brothers, it's sort of messed up no matter what.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list