List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Underwhelmed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Underwhelmed

Started by aerinha at 2012/12/14 02:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/16 01:17PM, Views: 4520, Replies: 76
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #1   2012/12/14 02:24PM
    Underwhelmed
    aerinha

The big winter finale, just like last years winter finale was in my opinion meh.

Ending with last week's cliffhanger of Elena asking Damin to believe in her feelings would have had me counting the days until January 17, but now it is no big deal.

A parental figure turned up just to die. Been there done that with Caroline's dad, Jenna, Rick, Isobel.....

After stunning us by having Elena pick Damon, they found a way to jerk their fans around again. On one hand no one can say Damon knowingly exploited the bond, but on the other it would have been so juicy to watch them sneak around and then have Stefan find out.

Caroline broke the girl code. She promised to let Elena tell Stefan about Damon, then by asking Stefan about Elena at the end broke her promise without actually breaking it. Elena was her friend first, it had only been a day. That was shady, especially after Caroline Tattled on Tyler, her boyfriend, to Stefan. Why does Stefan get such loyalty from her when she was with Elena and Tyler first!? If it went a week and Delena were sneaking around, tell him. If Elena wasn't adjusted to being a vamp and wanted to kill her self, then by all means stop Tyler from his plan that prevents the cure. But it had been a day for Delena and Tyler would have kept Elena from being Klaus' blood bag for the rest of her life. Everyone is saying what a good friend she was tonStefan, but she was a crappy one to Elena and Tyler.

The only stunner, which also confused everyone, was Klais killing his hybrids. Today i say he did it to stop the uprising, not knowing he was being played by Shane. But last night I thought he did it as part of the cure plan. Which means it was poorly written if no one understood it.

Previews for the next ep is more been there done that. Rebecca is rampaging again. Seen it before. Stefan goes from blaming the sire bond forDelena to make Damon leave her, then personally blames Elena for hurting him because...why? If he thinks it was all the bond, he should think it isn't her fault as in that case she only did what she knew Damin wanted. I think she did it because she wanted to, but Stefan spent a whole ep blaming the bond. Now he blames Elena?

I will watch, but I am not excited and am not down for 12 more eps of Delena on hold and Rebecca pouting and threatening.

Anyone else expecting more?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/14 02:25PM
    #2   2012/12/14 05:18PM
    Re: Underwhelmed
    sharon n nic...

I love the show so I enjoyed last night but as a winter finale, maybe they could have given us more.

Why did Kluas kill all of his Hybrids, did he know about the plan all along?

and if he did is that the reason why he killed Tyler's mom?

Even when Damon told Elena to go she didn't really want to.
    She kissed him good bye so this Sire thing may not even matter, when it comes to her feeling for Damon.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/14 05:22PM
    #3   2012/12/14 05:43PM
    aerinha

Quote sharon n nick 4eva: I love the show so I enjoyed last night but as a winter finale, maybe they could have given us more.

She kissed him good bye so this Sire thing may not even matter, when it comes to her feeling for Damon.

I didn't hate it, I just expected more. The last two eps rocked and would have left fans gasping, but this didn't feel like a strong close to me.

They hybrid thing...this is what I think, don't know if it is right as I was confused about it last night, but talked it out over lunch at work today and we came up with this.

Hayley freed the hybrids because sired they wouldnt have gone against Klaus. Because they agreed to put him down, Klaus was forced to kill them. Meaning Hayley andShane actually played Klaus into giving them 12 dead hybrids.

I don't think Klaus knew about the rebellion plan until Stefan saw Hayley talking to him at the enter dance. I think she told Klaus the hybrids were coming for him, he went to check, saw the truth and killed them

Because the rebellion was Tyler's idea, and it forced Klaus to kill the only other people who were like him, he killed Tyler's mom, taking the only person Tyler had left as punishment.

When he appeared to use the special hunter sword I thought Klaus killed the hybrids to help with the cure spell because he knew once Elena was human again he could make more hybrids. But, I really think Klaus got manipulated into making a 12 hybrid sacrifice for Shane without knowing he was helping along the cure spell.

Did that make sense?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/14 05:44PM
    #4   2012/12/14 06:21PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva: I love the show so I enjoyed last night but as a winter finale, maybe they could have given us more.

I didn't hate it, I just expected more. The last two eps rocked and would have left fans gasping, but this didn't feel like a strong close to me.

They hybrid thing...this is what I think, don't know if it is right as I was confused about it last night, but talked it out over lunch at work today and we came up with this.

Hayley freed the hybrids because sired they wouldnt have gone against Klaus. Because they agreed to put him down, Klaus was forced to kill them. Meaning Hayley andShane actually played Klaus into giving them 12 dead hybrids.

I don't think Klaus knew about the rebellion plan until Stefan saw Hayley talking to him at the enter dance. I think she told Klaus the hybrids were coming for him, he went to check, saw the truth and killed them

Because the rebellion was Tyler's idea, and it forced Klaus to kill the only other people who were like him, he killed Tyler's mom, taking the only person Tyler had left as punishment.

When he appeared to use the special hunter sword I thought Klaus killed the hybrids to help with the cure spell because he knew once Elena was human again he could make more hybrids. But, I really think Klaus got manipulated into making a 12 hybrid sacrifice for Shane without knowing he was helping along the cure spell.

Did that make sense?

Yes, and thank you it makes alot of sense now.

Usually I know whats going on but these last 3 eps I had to watch over or ask my daughter.

#5   2012/12/15 02:23AM
    stjarna

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote aerinha:

Did that make sense?

Usually I know whats going on but these last 3 eps I had to watch over or ask my daughter.

Hi guys!

I was underwehlmed since end of season 3, I said that. But this last ep brought me back.It's like back to zero in away.
    Shane is playing everyone cos he has his own agenda, imo. Like mad and spoiled brat Rebekah- she is an interesting spanner...
    Delena,imo, should have had a heartbreaking scenes of how they had to let go from one another- so I could see Damon's selflessness and doing the right thing by Elena... so that was disapointment- (of course then in the future she would find out about it and loved him even more! But after she had her romance with Elijah!!! )
    Right, yes about the hybrids- Shane needs the dead 12 "souls"hybrids- Tyler wants to go against Klaus- cos he now plays the alfa-male wwolf- and therefore Klaus, not liking it cos he wants to be the only alfa-male, now wants him to suffer- hence endscene.

Caroline and Stefan have a bond from day one when she turned- he was the one helping her with the transition- wasn't his blood used to save her from the accident then- anyway she has this special loyalty to Stefan. I do not like that she always blabs things in not so many words.... I think that she is jelous of Elena, and she was always insecure as human- wasn't she also jelous of the friendship that Elena has with Bonnie,hm.

Now will the ripper thing surface more now that he so hurt cos Elena chose his brother, and didn't wait at least a 1000 years,lol,....

What's Aprils agenda?

Everyone has their agenda,imo, and everyone is acting on teir agenda and then they intertangle and so,imo, it will affect the cure and other things.....

So Elijah - you are needed... to bring order and stop Shane.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/15 02:31AM
    #6   2012/12/15 09:05AM
    aerinha

Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha:

Did that make sense?

Hi guys!

I was underwehlmed since end of season 3, I said that. But this last ep brought me back.It's like back to zero in away.
    Shane is playing everyone cos he has his own agenda, imo. Like mad and spoiled brat Rebekah- she is an interesting spanner...
    Delena,imo, should have had a heartbreaking scenes of how they had to let go from one another- so I could see Damon's selflessness and doing the right thing by Elena... so that was disapointment- (of course then in the future she would find out about it and loved him even more! But after she had her romance with Elijah!!! )
    Right, yes about the hybrids- Shane needs the dead 12 "souls"hybrids- Tyler wants to go against Klaus- cos he now plays the alfa-male wwolf- and therefore Klaus, not liking it cos he wants to be the only alfa-male, now wants him to suffer- hence endscene.

Caroline and Stefan have a bond from day one when she turned- he was the one helping her with the transition- wasn't his blood used to save her from the accident then- anyway she has this special loyalty to Stefan. I do not like that she always blabs things in not so many words.... I think that she is jelous of Elena, and she was always insecure as human- wasn't she also jelous of the friendship that Elena has with Bonnie,hm.

Now will the ripper thing surface more now that he so hurt cos Elena chose his brother, and didn't wait at least a 1000 years,lol,....

What's Aprils agenda?

Everyone has their agenda,imo, and everyone is acting on teir agenda and then they intertangle and so,imo, it will affect the cure and other things.....

April's agenda?....I think it's just that she's the token stupid human now that they have Elena mostly cured of being the idiot ruining everything

I am glad they didn't really end Delena, but just made Damon put space between them. Really, and I say this as someone who likes Elena with both brothers, I'm tired of being jerked around on the Delena front. Do it or be done. At least as far as Stelena goes, this will give them some drama, they wrote them like an old married couple after they had sex. They were together...and that was it. No fights, nothing to triumph over, not many love scenes.

I was really hoping it would end with Rebecca waking up, killing Klaus with the ash stake knowing it would kill all those she hated in town and then leave us all gasping until January when none of them died and we found out Klaus lied about being the start of their blood line.

#7   2012/12/15 10:42AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha:

Did that make sense?

Hi guys!

What's Aprils agenda?

I caught that romance line between Elena and Elijah you were trying to slip in.....

#8   2012/12/15 10:44AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha:
    Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha:

Did that make sense?

Hi guys!

What's Aprils agenda?

April's agenda?....I think it's just that she's the token stupid human now that they have Elena mostly cured of being the idiot ruining everything

I am glad they didn't really end Delena, but just made Damon put space between them. Really, and I say this as someone who likes Elena with both brothers, I'm tired of being jerked around on the Delena front. Do it or be done. At least as far as Stelena goes, this will give them some drama, they wrote them like an old married couple after they had sex. They were together...and that was it. No fights, nothing to triumph over, not many love scenes.

I was really hoping it would end with Rebecca waking up, killing Klaus with the ash stake knowing it would kill all those she hated in town and then leave us all gasping until January when none of them died and we found out Klaus lied about being the start of their blood line.

I don't think Delena is over....at least I hope not!

#9   2012/12/15 02:13PM
    stjarna

Quote aerinha:
    Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha:

Did that make sense?

Hi guys!

What's Aprils agenda?

I don't like the thing of Elena going from one brother to another... last year she was in the middle of it and her feelings for both of them were obvious, although imo, she was falling in love with Damon as soon as he appeared... and they did that nicely... and there was no epicness,imo, with Stefan- he was what she said back then - made her feel secure, good, he was something and someone new- and if was obvious she would be with him- call it being like married couple or friendship between - that was it...
    She has epicness with Damon- and that's obvious, but again imo, it all underwhelmed me cos in season three she makes a choice and that,imo, was a wrong move. She should have been on her own when she became a vamp- but I guess they did not know how to create drama with Stefan....
    I am a huge Elijah fan, and I know he is only there now and again, but he could have played a major role in Elena's life.
    Anyway, now there is distance between Elena and Damon cos they have to be apart- but still I think that should have played it out differently. Should be more angst.
    She should- must make a clean cut now with Stefan, or the character loses credibility, whether a vamp or human. I know this is not a shakespearen play, but still- there must be substance.

Sorry for this book,lol.

Klaus being killed by Rebekah would be interesting... and the thing that they are not sired by him.... but even worse- Rebekah!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/15 02:20PM
    #10   2012/12/15 02:25PM
    stjarna

Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha:

Did that make sense?

Hi guys!

What's Aprils agenda?

I caught that romance line between Elena and Elijah you were trying to slip in.....

I am terrible, I know, lol, always advocating for Elejah... and I know it's not gonna happen, but can't play the girl for hoping for a story there. LOL.

I was overwehlmed with Elejah moments.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list