List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Spoiler Talk: Greater Evil coming to Mystic Falls

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Spoiler Talk: Greater Evil coming to Mystic Falls

Started by dairymaid at 2012/11/19 08:56AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/01 03:47PM, Views: 2180, Replies: 32
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/01/01 06:25AM
    Re: Spoiler Talk: Greater Evil coming to Mystic Falls
    aerinha

On one hand I wish they used the high school more. On the other, teen shows that do high school well (Buffy, Dawson) usually don't move on to college well because there is no reason for the people to still be together.

Buffy kept the gang mostly in tact and lost Xander to the background because he wasn't a college guy. Dawson sent Dawson off the LA for film school and then lost him from his ownshow because everyone else wound up in Boston or wherever. The only show that seemed to jump that hurdle is Glee that stayed in high school, but followed the main 3 afterward.

Assuming Diaries plans to take them beyond high school, at least we won't be longing for the school days because there never were any.

School didn't play a big role in the books either. Although the first few eps of season one focused a bit more on school life. I guess they decided to go another direction.

#32   2013/01/01 06:35AM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: On one hand I wish they used the high school more. On the other, teen shows that do high school well (Buffy, Dawson) usually don't move on to college well because there is no reason for the people to still be together.

Buffy kept the gang mostly in tact and lost Xander to the background because he wasn't a college guy. Dawson sent Dawson off the LA for film school and then lost him from his ownshow because everyone else wound up in Boston or wherever. The only show that seemed to jump that hurdle is Glee that stayed in high school, but followed the main 3 afterward.

Assuming Diaries plans to take them beyond high school, at least we won't be longing for the school days because there never were any.

School didn't play a big role in the books either. Although the first few eps of season one focused a bit more on school life. I guess they decided to go another direction.

Unlike a show like Dawsons Creek, I do think this show has a very organic reason for everyone to stay together... survival.

I think they can all justify staying together so they can watch each others backs. The one big exception is probably Matt, who can honestly be written off at anytime.

#33   2013/01/01 03:47PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha: On one hand I wish they used the high school more. On the other, teen shows that do high school well (Buffy, Dawson) usually don't move on to college well because there is no reason for the people to still be together.

Unlike a show like Dawsons Creek, I do think this show has a very organic reason for everyone to stay together... survival.

I think they can all justify staying together so they can watch each others backs. The one big exception is probably Matt, who can honestly be written off at anytime.

I think Matt is very important he is the only human element they have.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list