List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Ugh, Elena...venting

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ugh, Elena...venting

Started by aerinha at 2012/11/02 03:40PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/02 03:39PM, Views: 1972, Replies: 52
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2013/01/28 04:28PM
    Re: Ugh, Elena...venting
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote stjarna: IMO, Elena is portraited as the one who wants her cake and eat it! Yes, she does have a lot of attacks of conscience, but they do not serve much- hence, I see no real growth in her character in the least.
    I don't like when the writers explain things afterwards- this is lame to me- writers are showing it through the actors- and they have to put their point across- and then if they haven't - that's it- anyway, I know that stories are in the eye of the beholder- and so in my eye- there is so much repetition- with Elena-Damon- Stefan- like -just one example- Stefan was compelled by Klaus to drink from her last season, and now there is the same think- we have (enhanced-cos she brings the love out!) Damon being compelled to kill - boring! damon sleeps with Rebekah, as he is a spiteful thing when it doesn't go the way he thinks it should- now we have stefan doing the same ( maybe he is under compulsion?! )- both brothers smtimes really make me want to talk to them about their backbone!
    But- well, they did the same thing with Katerina, so I guess - it's so normal that they share the women?!
    So, if I was Elena, I would ditch them both- but I guess, not gonna happen soon- cos she is not growing up! Maybe, she never will, as she is a vampire who's going to be 19 years old forever?! (what's her age by the way?)
    But both brothers are to blame, imo, when Elena's behaviour is concerned- as they both told her more or less that she can click with her fingers and they'd be running!!!!
    So, that's to her defence!!!
    I am still underwehlmed with Elena's character! She showed more bottle last year as a human when they were taking down Finn! I wanted to see progression from there- but no- it didn't happen....
    well, let's see how things develop....

To a degree ditching them both probably isn't necessarily the best option when you consider that they're constantly protecting her and her family/friends. That's not to say that having free body guards is the ONLY reason she continues to have them in her life... but it's a nice upside.

But she was asked to choose and she did in fact choose... it just didn't end up working out for a variety of reasons (some hers, some Stefan, some out of either of their control).

We'll see how things go after after the sire bond ends.

I want her to pick Damon.

#42   2013/01/31 10:53PM
    XPac

I think she can argue Elena came off as a somewhat different person this episode. She was definately a bit more ruthless and bad @$$ than she atypically is.

And she genuinely seemed seemed upset that Stefan sort of went against her plan by showming some humanity towards Rebecca. That's somewhat of a role reversal from how things usually go... and maybe that's somewhat of Elena's vamp side coming through a bit.

But it was kind of fun seeing her this way. Team Gilbert took down an Original. Respect.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/31 10:54PM
    #43   2013/02/01 01:05PM
    sandee1977

Quote dairymaid: All through the show I had been defending Elena's behavior (her loss of both sets of parents, Aunt Jenna, and Alaric) which is a lot but now that she is a vampire, she is behaving so pitiful that when Damon told her to "stop the pity party" I am inclined to agree! She is starting to pluck my nerves with the whiny behavior! She is a vampire and needs to grow up! I read in other sites that in a few episodes she becomes comfortable with being a vampire so I am hoping that this whiny behavior is temporary. I admire Caroline as a vampire because she has become very sophisticated and accepting of her lot in life. Elena should take a lesson from Caroline.

That is why I love Caroline she takes the punches and roll with it. She is a strong character. But Elena loves the atention if give her. I mean Jeremy spoke the truth about her, Bonnie is somewhat tired of her and last night's episode you can see Abby did not even want to hear her name. I wonder if she is going to be more hated than Katerina.

#44   2013/02/01 02:56PM
    XPac

Quote sandee1977:
    Quote dairymaid: All through the show I had been defending Elena's behavior (her loss of both sets of parents, Aunt Jenna, and Alaric) which is a lot but now that she is a vampire, she is behaving so pitiful that when Damon told her to "stop the pity party" I am inclined to agree! She is starting to pluck my nerves with the whiny behavior! She is a vampire and needs to grow up! I read in other sites that in a few episodes she becomes comfortable with being a vampire so I am hoping that this whiny behavior is temporary. I admire Caroline as a vampire because she has become very sophisticated and accepting of her lot in life. Elena should take a lesson from Caroline.

That is why I love Caroline she takes the punches and roll with it. She is a strong character. But Elena loves the atention if give her. I mean Jeremy spoke the truth about her, Bonnie is somewhat tired of her and last night's episode you can see Abby did not even want to hear her name. I wonder if she is going to be more hated than Katerina.

I think Elena has this knack of making everyone around her fall in love with her. Not necessarily literal romantic love like with Damon and Stefan, but she just has this knack of drawing people in. Katherine sort of had that ability too.... but with her it was more intentional and manipulative.

Sometimes I almost wonder if that's one of the unspoken abilities of a Petrova doppelganger... to get people to fall in live with them. Even the original Tatia had Elijah and Klaus fighting over her.

But the flip side to that is I think everyone that's not under their "spell" ends up hating the fact that everyone is willing to risk their lives for them. Virtually every main character in the show will take a bullet for Elena, or even kill for her. But if you're someone on the outside looking in, like Bonnies parents or Rebekah, it's probably tough stomaching it. They're probably wondering what the hell makes Elena so dam special that everyone on the show will die or kill for her. So yeah, in the end I imagine as many people end up hating Elena as loving her.

#45   2013/02/01 05:44PM
    aerinha

Quote XPac: I think she can argue Elena came off as a somewhat different person this episode. She was definately a bit more ruthless and bad @$$ than she atypically is.

And she genuinely seemed seemed upset that Stefan sort of went against her plan by showming some humanity towards Rebecca. That's somewhat of a role reversal from how things usually go... and maybe that's somewhat of Elena's vamp side coming through a bit.

But it was kind of fun seeing her this way. Team Gilbert took down an Original. Respect.

That was awesome the way she came up with the plan and they took Kol on together. For once the good guys won the day. The Gilbert siblings did it without extra help. I was so happy that Elena put her training and her vmapire strength to use.

They make a more effective team than the Salvatorres

I liked the way Elena was this ep. Did what had to be done, no stupid worrying about anything other than taking out a threat, but she didn't stand up and cheer about what she did either.

#46   2013/02/01 05:49PM
    aerinha

This is a first, I have to give Bonnie props too. Loved watching her beat up on Kol and Klaus.

I suspect they are setting it up that expression is bad and Bonnie will have to be cured of it, but I really enjoyed her not letting her neglectful parents run the show and getting away from the spirits who cause more misery than do any good from what we have seen. To me the spirits are the bad magic.

I think what I liked so much about this ep was that for the first time since they put Katherine in the tomb, the core characters finally won the day and against people set up to be unstoppable in every possible way. If we got a home team win once a month it would be nice.

#47   2013/02/01 06:03PM
    XPac

Quote aerinha: This is a first, I have to give Bonnie props too. Loved watching her beat up on Kol and Klaus.

I suspect they are setting it up that expression is bad and Bonnie will have to be cured of it, but I really enjoyed her not letting her neglectful parents run the show and getting away from the spirits who cause more misery than do any good from what we have seen. To me the spirits are the bad magic.

I think what I liked so much about this ep was that for the first time since they put Katherine in the tomb, the core characters finally won the day and against people set up to be unstoppable in every possible way. If we got a home team win once a month it would be nice.

The funny thing about their win is that really almost nothing went according to plan. Elena came up with a pretty good scheme but nothing worked out quite like she had on paper.

Rebekah wasn't staked, BOnnie showed up too late to put down Cole (though right on time to stop Klaus), and Elena's truce didn't buy her enough time for anything to really line up right. After inviting Kol into their house (a very big gamble) all they could do was flat out fight for their lives, but they were able to beat an original.

#48   2013/02/02 07:01AM
    stjarna

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha: This is a first, I have to give Bonnie props too. Loved watching her beat up on Kol and Klaus.

The funny thing about their win is that really almost nothing went according to plan. Elena came up with a pretty good scheme but nothing worked out quite like she had on paper.

Rebekah wasn't staked, BOnnie showed up too late to put down Cole (though right on time to stop Klaus), and Elena's truce didn't buy her enough time for anything to really line up right. After inviting Kol into their house (a very big gamble) all they could do was flat out fight for their lives, but they were able to beat an original.

I like that part that things did not work according to plan- good drama- and like Team Gilbert! Love Jeremy, especially!

About Elena- am on the brink of hating her... end scene really - whatever....
    Love Klaus for promising he will hunt them- let the hunting season begin.
    Can't wait for that Silas guy!!!!!

#49   2013/02/02 07:06AM
    stjarna

Quote sandee1977:

Elena - can't stand her at the moment- and if I understood it correctly- she is the one to be hated more than Katerin- well, Katerina is awsome in her evilness!!!!!

#50   2013/02/02 07:40AM
    XPac

It's funny because I recall in season 3 both Damon and Stefan commenting at different times how badly Elena's plans often go. I've never really noticed that before, but it sort of showed here where literally nothing went according to plan EXCEPT the end part where Kol dies.

Still, I liked Elena last night. She came off less whiney and more bad @$$ to me.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list