List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Ugh, Elena...venting

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ugh, Elena...venting

Started by aerinha at 2012/11/02 03:40PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/02 03:39PM, Views: 2569, Replies: 52
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2013/01/26 08:34AM
    Re: Ugh, Elena...venting
    XPac

Quote aerinha: In this case I'm going to defend Elena.

Damon did sleep with Rebekah to hurt her. Stefan called him on it last year and the writers actually said that's why he did it. So for me, though Stefan claims not, his choice of Rebekah and not some random chick at a bar to rebound with is meant to be as hurtful to Elena as Elena being with Damon is.

Elena does still care about Stefan, she said so, and he vowed over and over that he'd always love her. She wasn't off base thinking he'd give a crap or thinking she had some right to his help with Damon. Especially since Damon, wh she always rejected, always came through for her. Way to declare yourself better as the second choice Stefan.

I thought her turning up to live with them instead of going to Carolines right after they broke up was really selfish and wrong, and it was not the only way to have her and Damon wind up in bed. But she was at the house this time to see Damon and ran into Stefan. And him teaming up with Rebekah is a head scratcher, the logical choice would be to wash his hands of the whole cure thing. I too would have questioned it if I were here.

It's not like she said those things in the library on purpose to hurt him. Rebekah forced her to. And it's not like she said anything that bad. She said he had been treating her like a problem, not a girlfriend which is true. He ended it becuase he knew she had feelings for Damon. So he really shouldn't have been surprised to know she loved Damon, since he basically knew it anyway.

Stefan saying she didn't know him when he wasn't in love with her. Yes she does, he didn't love her all last season, which is what she should have said to him.

I paint Stefan as the jerk here. Especially since he suspects the sire bond maybe driving Elena in Damon's direction. It's not like he didn't see any of this coming, didn't contribute to it's coming

In regards to Damon sleeping with Rebekah to hurt Elena... I find that somewhat odd, since he didn't actually tell Elena that he was sleeping with her and had no way of knowing that Elena would drop by the house exactly the moment Rebekah was leaving.

If the writers flat out say he did it to hurt her then that must be the case... but to me it sounds like a stretch. It was frankly just coincidence that she even knew.

But Elena does know she's got Damon wrapped around her finger. SHe even used that to her advantage when her, Alaric and Damon were researching werewolves at the start of the second season, and flat out told him to his face she was using her feelings for him to her advantage. So yeah... she's NOT wrong. They are that whipped.

Stefan teaming with Rebekah is strange... UNLESS he's just doing it to keep an eye on her. Because his stated intent is still to cure Elena, and Klaus is your better bet for doing that. Not only because Klaus is far ahead of the game, having Jeromey and the sword, but also because Stefan knows for a fact that Klaus wanted Elena cured. Rebakah might not want that to happen if it means helping Klaus. So teaming with Rebekah at best is a risk, and at worst is just dumb. Again, unless he's just doing it to keep an eye on her.

#32   2013/01/26 08:47AM
    sharon n nic...

Damon did sleep with Rebekah to hurt her. Stefan called him on it last year and the writers actually said that's why he did it. So for me, though Stefan claims not, his choice of Rebekah and not some random chick at a bar to rebound with is meant to be as hurtful to Elena as Elena being with Damon is.

Elena does still care about Stefan, she said so, and he vowed over and over that he'd always love her. She wasn't off base thinking he'd give a crap or thinking she had some right to his help with Damon. Especially since Damon, wh she always rejected, always came through for her. Way to declare yourself better as the second choice Stefan.

I thought her turning up to live with them instead of going to Carolines right after they broke up was really selfish and wrong, and it was not the only way to have her and Damon wind up in bed. But she was at the house this time to see Damon and ran into Stefan. And him teaming up with Rebekah is a head scratcher, the logical choice would be to wash his hands of the whole cure thing. I too would have questioned it if I were here.

It's not like she said those things in the library on purpose to hurt him. Rebekah forced her to. And it's not like she said anything that bad. She said he had been treating her like a problem, not a girlfriend which is true. He ended it becuase he knew she had feelings for Damon. So he really shouldn't have been surprised to know she loved Damon, since he basically knew it anyway.

Stefan saying she didn't know him when he wasn't in love with her. Yes she does, he didn't love her all last season, which is what she should have said to him.

I paint Stefan as the jerk here. Especially since he suspects the sire bond maybe driving Elena in Damon's direction. It's not like he didn't see any of this coming, didn't contribute to it's coming

Good Post!

I'm thinking that Stefan NEVER thought that Elena would sleep with Damon. No matter how much she was sired to him.

#33   2013/01/26 09:42AM
    aerinha

Quote XPac:

In regards to Damon sleeping with Rebekah to hurt Elena... I find that somewhat odd, since he didn't actually tell Elena that he was sleeping with her and had no way of knowing that Elena would drop by the house exactly the moment Rebekah was leaving.

If the writers flat out say he did it to hurt her then that must be the case... but to me it sounds like a stretch. It was frankly just coincidence that she even knew.

But Elena does know she's got Damon wrapped around her finger. SHe even used that to her advantage when her, Alaric and Damon were researching werewolves at the start of the second season, and flat out told him to his face she was using her feelings for him to her advantage. So yeah... she's NOT wrong. They are that whipped.

Stefan teaming with Rebekah is strange... UNLESS he's just doing it to keep an eye on her. Because his stated intent is still to cure Elena, and Klaus is your better bet for doing that. Not only because Klaus is far ahead of the game, having Jeromey and the sword, but also because Stefan knows for a fact that Klaus wanted Elena cured. Rebakah might not want that to happen if it means helping Klaus. So teaming with Rebekah at best is a risk, and at worst is just dumb. Again, unless he's just doing it to keep an eye on her.

The first time Damon slept with Bex, it was after the ball when Elena said he loved her too much andit was a problem. He had to know Bex would gloat eventually. When Elena got miffed, Damon smiled to Stefan how was he to know Elena would get jealous. Stefan pointed out that with his choice of partner, how could Damon not know.

Later Julie P said this time when Damon reacted to rejection he was deliberately striking out st Elena and not the whole town. It was supposed to be a sign of his growth that he just hurt Elena and didn't kill all her friend or something

Damon slept with Bex again to keep an eye on her that was why she tortured him last year, so Stefan could be doing that too.

Actually, I am not entirely sure Bex didn't compell Stefan. In Shane's office, she looked him dead in the eye and told him to stop caring and he did. They didn't show her pupil contracting which usually is how they let us know it is compulsion, but I am clear if she did or didn't. What was your take on that?

#34   2013/01/26 09:52AM
    XPac

Quote aerinha:
    Quote XPac:

The first time Damon slept with Bex, it was after the ball when Elena said he loved her too much andit was a problem. He had to know Bex would gloat eventually. When Elena got miffed, Damon smiled to Stefan how was he to know Elena would get jealous. Stefan pointed out that with his choice of partner, how could Damon not know.

Later Julie P said this time when Damon reacted to rejection he was deliberately striking out st Elena and not the whole town. It was supposed to be a sign of his growth that he just hurt Elena and didn't kill all her friend or something

Damon slept with Bex again to keep an eye on her that was why she tortured him last year, so Stefan could be doing that too.

Actually, I am not entirely sure Bex didn't compell Stefan. In Shane's office, she looked him dead in the eye and told him to stop caring and he did. They didn't show her pupil contracting which usually is how they let us know it is compulsion, but I am clear if she did or didn't. What was your take on that?

I don't think he was compelled to not care, because he seemed to care.

He SAID he didn't... but despite the words coming out of his mouth, I think he still acted like his feelings were hurt both to Damon and Elena.

You don't go out of your way to say over and over again that you don't care unless you DO care and are trying desperately to hide that fact.

Plus, the only reason Stefan is doing any of this is because he STILL wants the cure for Elena. If he didn't care, he'd likely not bother with any of this. And that wouldn't serve Rebekahs purposes either.

#35   2013/01/26 10:46AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Quote aerinha:
    Quote XPac:

I don't think he was compelled to not care, because he seemed to care.

He SAID he didn't... but despite the words coming out of his mouth, I think he still acted like his feelings were hurt both to Damon and Elena.

You don't go out of your way to say over and over again that you don't care unless you DO care and are trying desperately to hide that fact.

Plus, the only reason Stefan is doing any of this is because he STILL wants the cure for Elena. If he didn't care, he'd likely not bother with any of this. And that wouldn't serve Rebekahs purposes either.

Does he want the cure more to stick it to Damon.

But at the end of the day Elena said what she said and did what she did.

#36   2013/01/26 10:52AM
    XPac

To a degree YES I think he wants the cure stick it to Damon.

In his mind, I think best case scenario would be Elena being cured, and Elena stating that she loves Stefan more and her feelings for Damon were just the sire bond.

And regardless of what Stefan says, if Elena did that he'd take her back in a heart beat.

Originally I think there was a bit more nobility in Stefans quest. Elena did say multiple times that she was unhappy as a vamp, and even considered ending her life. But once Damon got Elena to a relatively happy place, I think Stefans motives became a BIT more self-centered. It's still about her to a degree... but it's also about himself now.

And the thing that I think makes Damon more selfess looking is that he arguably gains NOTHING from curing Elena because he's okay with her this way. So Stefan ends up looking worse by comparrison.

#37   2013/01/26 03:59PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac: To a degree YES I think he wants the cure stick it to Damon.

In his mind, I think best case scenario would be Elena being cured, and Elena stating that she loves Stefan more and her feelings for Damon were just the sire bond.

And regardless of what Stefan says, if Elena did that he'd take her back in a heart beat.

Originally I think there was a bit more nobility in Stefans quest. Elena did say multiple times that she was unhappy as a vamp, and even considered ending her life. But once Damon got Elena to a relatively happy place, I think Stefans motives became a BIT more self-centered. It's still about her to a degree... but it's also about himself now.

And the thing that I think makes Damon more selfess looking is that he arguably gains NOTHING from curing Elena because he's okay with her this way. So Stefan ends up looking worse by comparrison.

He would take her back, I do agree with you on that. But no matter how Stefan feels about Elena and how Elena feels about Stefan she did sleep with Damon. So does that change there relationship in any way?????

#38   2013/01/27 05:45AM
    stjarna

IMO, Elena is portraited as the one who wants her cake and eat it! Yes, she does have a lot of attacks of conscience, but they do not serve much- hence, I see no real growth in her character in the least.
    I don't like when the writers explain things afterwards- this is lame to me- writers are showing it through the actors- and they have to put their point across- and then if they haven't - that's it- anyway, I know that stories are in the eye of the beholder- and so in my eye- there is so much repetition- with Elena-Damon- Stefan- like -just one example- Stefan was compelled by Klaus to drink from her last season, and now there is the same think- we have (enhanced-cos she brings the love out!) Damon being compelled to kill - boring! damon sleeps with Rebekah, as he is a spiteful thing when it doesn't go the way he thinks it should- now we have stefan doing the same ( maybe he is under compulsion?! )- both brothers smtimes really make me want to talk to them about their backbone!
    But- well, they did the same thing with Katerina, so I guess - it's so normal that they share the women?!
    So, if I was Elena, I would ditch them both- but I guess, not gonna happen soon- cos she is not growing up! Maybe, she never will, as she is a vampire who's going to be 19 years old forever?! (what's her age by the way?)
    But both brothers are to blame, imo, when Elena's behaviour is concerned- as they both told her more or less that she can click with her fingers and they'd be running!!!!
    So, that's to her defence!!!
    I am still underwehlmed with Elena's character! She showed more bottle last year as a human when they were taking down Finn! I wanted to see progression from there- but no- it didn't happen....
    well, let's see how things develop....

#39   2013/01/27 03:38PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna: IMO, Elena is portraited as the one who wants her cake and eat it! Yes, she does have a lot of attacks of conscience, but they do not serve much- hence, I see no real growth in her character in the least.
    I don't like when the writers explain things afterwards- this is lame to me- writers are showing it through the actors- and they have to put their point across- and then if they haven't - that's it- anyway, I know that stories are in the eye of the beholder- and so in my eye- there is so much repetition- with Elena-Damon- Stefan- like -just one example- Stefan was compelled by Klaus to drink from her last season, and now there is the same think- we have (enhanced-cos she brings the love out!) Damon being compelled to kill - boring! damon sleeps with Rebekah, as he is a spiteful thing when it doesn't go the way he thinks it should- now we have stefan doing the same ( maybe he is under compulsion?! )- both brothers smtimes really make me want to talk to them about their backbone!
    But- well, they did the same thing with Katerina, so I guess - it's so normal that they share the women?!
    So, if I was Elena, I would ditch them both- but I guess, not gonna happen soon- cos she is not growing up! Maybe, she never will, as she is a vampire who's going to be 19 years old forever?! (what's her age by the way?)
    But both brothers are to blame, imo, when Elena's behaviour is concerned- as they both told her more or less that she can click with her fingers and they'd be running!!!!
    I am still underwehlmed with Elena's character! She showed more bottle last year as a human when they were taking down Finn! I wanted to see progression from there- but no- it didn't happen....

I don't see Elena changing much more than this.....

#40   2013/01/28 12:01PM
    XPac

Quote stjarna: IMO, Elena is portraited as the one who wants her cake and eat it! Yes, she does have a lot of attacks of conscience, but they do not serve much- hence, I see no real growth in her character in the least.

To a degree ditching them both probably isn't necessarily the best option when you consider that they're constantly protecting her and her family/friends. That's not to say that having free body guards is the ONLY reason she continues to have them in her life... but it's a nice upside.

But she was asked to choose and she did in fact choose... it just didn't end up working out for a variety of reasons (some hers, some Stefan, some out of either of their control).

We'll see how things go after after the sire bond ends.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list