List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Ugh, Elena...venting

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ugh, Elena...venting

Started by aerinha at 2012/11/02 03:40PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/02 03:39PM, Views: 2464, Replies: 52
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #21   2012/12/13 11:25AM
    Re: Ugh, Elena...venting
    stjarna

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote WatFan: Vamp or Human... She's the only charater I don't like.

They need to take queues for how they now write Caroline. She's a strong female charater.

For some reason writers anymore think all women want to watch other women be rescued. I miss shows like Buffy & Charmed that had strong female leads.

Good post!

Second that!

Need strong female leads that's for sure always!
    I was expecting that of Elena in season 3....well,... maby it will happen. Why I liked her more as human- she had strength and vulnarebility at the same time and it was growing

P.S. Miss Buffy!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/13 11:27AM
    #22   2012/12/13 01:31PM
    sharon n nic...

Maybe in the next season will see a stronger Elena....

#23   2012/12/14 02:07PM
    aerinha

Since she didn't crumble after being haunted by Connor, I have found Her like able again and bit stronger. However I now fear that will all be lost by making her human again or saying the sire bond changed her personality.

the writers have being a good person confused with being a martyr.

#24   2012/12/15 01:37AM
    stjarna

Quote aerinha: Since she didn't crumble after being haunted by Connor, I have found Her like able again and bit stronger. However I now fear that will all be lost by making her human again or saying the sire bond changed her personality.

I think it is the sire bond that made her progress- in this last ep she, imo, started to resemble Elena that I like...
    the route to make her martyr is bad. As human she had already shown great resolve.

I am so interested now to see how the story progresses...now they got my full attention.

And when she transforms into human- I don't think she would be the same Elena as before, surely all of it must have some repercussions.

#25   2012/12/15 11:09AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna:
    Quote aerinha: Since she didn't crumble after being haunted by Connor, I have found Her like able again and bit stronger. However I now fear that will all be lost by making her human again or saying the sire bond changed her personality.

I think it is the sire bond that made her progress- in this last ep she, imo, started to resemble Elena that I like...
    the route to make her martyr is bad. As human she had already shown great resolve.

I am so interested now to see how the story progresses...now they got my full attention.

And when she transforms into human- I don't think she would be the same Elena as before, surely all of it must have some repercussions.

I wonder what the repercussions will be.....

#26   2013/01/25 12:44PM
    stjarna

Ugh, Elena!!!
    Need to vent-lol

Seriously, Elena- you still expect that Stefan does everything for you! I was so mad at her- she was, imo, so patronizing with Stefn, Rebekah tried to kill you- well, no surprise there when she went on that he is hurt... yes, Stefan is post-hurting- and he does not care- do you think that the world revolves around you Elena- NOT!
    why did she apologise! that imo was so lame! You made your bed and now lie in it!!!
    I know- she broke up with him!- but hey- it was like- at midday I break up with you, and in the afternoon I am with my new boyfriend!!!
    Don't expect any favours from Stefan anymore!!!
    I like the new dynamic!
    needed to vent- she just annoyed me!

#27   2013/01/25 11:10PM
    XPac

Quote stjarna: Ugh, Elena!!!
    Need to vent-lol

Seriously, Elena- you still expect that Stefan does everything for you! I was so mad at her- she was, imo, so patronizing with Stefn, Rebekah tried to kill you- well, no surprise there when she went on that he is hurt... yes, Stefan is post-hurting- and he does not care- do you think that the world revolves around you Elena- NOT!
    why did she apologise! that imo was so lame! You made your bed and now lie in it!!!
    I know- she broke up with him!- but hey- it was like- at midday I break up with you, and in the afternoon I am with my new boyfriend!!!
    I like the new dynamic!

I do think it's a bit egotistical for Elena to just assume that when Stefan paired up with Rebekah, it was just about getting back at her. And she said the same thing to Damon when he did the same thing last season.

It is a big egotistical to think that everything revolves around her. But in her defense... she's KIND OF right. Everything does kind of revolve around her.

#28   2013/01/26 06:05AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac:
    Need to vent-lol

I like the new dynamic!

I do think it's a bit egotistical for Elena to just assume that when Stefan paired up with Rebekah, it was just about getting back at her. And she said the same thing to Damon when he did the same thing last season.

It is a big egotistical to think that everything revolves around her. But in her defense... she's KIND OF right. Everything does kind of revolve around her.

It kind of does.....

#29   2013/01/26 06:55AM
    sharon n nic...

Need to vent-lol

I like the new dynamic!

I get what your saying stjarna.....

She does expect Stefan to.....put her first, jump when she calls, act like he loves her, because that's all she knows from him.

But Elena has to realize that things have changed.

I guess in time she will.

#30   2013/01/26 07:44AM
    aerinha

In this case I'm going to defend Elena.

Damon did sleep with Rebekah to hurt her. Stefan called him on it last year and the writers actually said that's why he did it. So for me, though Stefan claims not, his choice of Rebekah and not some random chick at a bar to rebound with is meant to be as hurtful to Elena as Elena being with Damon is.

Elena does still care about Stefan, she said so, and he vowed over and over that he'd always love her. She wasn't off base thinking he'd give a crap or thinking she had some right to his help with Damon. Especially since Damon, wh she always rejected, always came through for her. Way to declare yourself better as the second choice Stefan.

I thought her turning up to live with them instead of going to Carolines right after they broke up was really selfish and wrong, and it was not the only way to have her and Damon wind up in bed. But she was at the house this time to see Damon and ran into Stefan. And him teaming up with Rebekah is a head scratcher, the logical choice would be to wash his hands of the whole cure thing. I too would have questioned it if I were here.

It's not like she said those things in the library on purpose to hurt him. Rebekah forced her to. And it's not like she said anything that bad. She said he had been treating her like a problem, not a girlfriend which is true. He ended it becuase he knew she had feelings for Damon. So he really shouldn't have been surprised to know she loved Damon, since he basically knew it anyway.

Stefan saying she didn't know him when he wasn't in love with her. Yes she does, he didn't love her all last season, which is what she should have said to him.

I paint Stefan as the jerk here. Especially since he suspects the sire bond maybe driving Elena in Damon's direction. It's not like he didn't see any of this coming, didn't contribute to it's coming

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list