List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Ugh, Elena...venting

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ugh, Elena...venting

Started by aerinha at 2012/11/02 03:40PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/02 03:39PM, Views: 1736, Replies: 52
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2012/11/30 01:25AM
    Re: Ugh, Elena...venting
    stjarna

Quote aerinha: I need to vent.

Why did they make Elena a vampire and spend all summer hyping that she was "going to become a new person" when a. She stayed the same whiny cry baby she has been since season two only worse because now she is crying every ep instead of every other ep and b. they were going to introduce a cure for being a vampire four eps into her firs season as a vampire? Total cop out. Why not leave her as a whiny human instead of making use suffer through ep after ep of "I get to live forever , it sucks because I had five minutes of fun, wah wah my life is so awful."?

Honestly, Stefan totally under cut her confidence with his warning before hand about blood changing her. She has no choice Stefan, deal with it. Then instead of telling her it was good she learned to feed, he talked her into one of her crying fits and let her stand there saying it was awful. He should be bolstering her confidence not waiting for her to crumble. Does he think it better she spend her life with Klaus draining her blood than learning to control herself as a vampire?

I should have known when Bonnie the judgmental went on the trip It was to ruin Elena's buzz. I don't see what Elean and Damon did wrong. They didn't kill anyone, Elena didn't even cause pain to those she bit because she compelled them that it wouldn't hurt, so what if she fed and danced after? It is the same as a girl getting drunk, dancing and then going home to whine at her addict boyfriend how bad her hangover is. Someone needs to smack Eena upside her pea brain head.

I am so sick of her martyr issues and whining.

I don't know why she was practicing to fight the hunter, she won't ever lift a finger to save herself. If she hit him she'd spend two days snotting abot it and then beg someone to kill her. Let her turn off her feelings, it might do her some good.

I actually cheered when she said she hated Rebecca, because she should hate her and it was a normal emotion from the Ghandi of Mystic Falls, then they had her turn around and say she hated hating someone

And their story telling sucks since Elema now supposedly can only drink from the vein because she is a doppleganger, when they showed Katherine also a doppleganger drinking bagged blood. If she can do it, so can Elena unless it has to do with something other than being the doppleganger.

Forget which guy gets her, I don't know why either would want such a boring, whiny, miserable dishrag.

Hey writer's, you can be a good person and still live you life, defend yourself, save your friends and yes, kill a bad guy. Watch Buffy reruns and learn how to write a female lead.Sorry,had to get that out.

ITA!!!!!!

I have loads of issues with season 4- but I will not go there now- maybe just say this- so was disappointed when they made her vampire end of season 3- IMO, it was wrong move- as to me it is boring- too many vamps- and we need human-vamp dynamic-
    Matt turning into a vamp would have been thousand times more interesting to me!!!!!He would have had terrible issues!
    In season 3 she showed progress in becoming a stronger self and taking charge, especially after the Mikaelson ball dance- and this is, imo, the point where she should have progressed into someone more independent! But no!
    And now we have what we have!

Buffy- excellent character portrait- the strong sides, the vulnerable sides, the growing up- the dealing with hearache, even showed how she coped when she fell and lost herself! you won't get that again in a character, I'm afraid!
    Elena had great potential- but they want to show her as this - I don't know what really!

Great thread! needed to vent for quite some time-lol!!!!

#12   2012/11/30 03:02PM
    sharon n nic...

I very much enjoyed Elena and Damon last night!

#13   2012/11/30 03:32PM
    aerinha

I did like how she stood up to Stefan about what he did to Jeremy and seemed to finally own being a vampire. Of course since her new personality is being attributed to the sire bond, I am sure the writers will cure her of it and ruin her new found strength.

So much for this being about her growing up, it seems to be all about her sire biond changing her into someone mildy interesting so her friends can complain I hate that the writers flat out lie.

#14   2012/11/30 03:57PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha: I did like how she stood up to Stefan about what he did to Jeremy and seemed to finally own being a vampire. Of course since her new personality is being attributed to the sire bond, I am sure the writers will cure her of it and ruin her new found strength.

So much for this being about her growing up, it seems to be all about her sire biond changing her into someone mildy interesting so her friends can complain I hate that the writers flat out lie.

Stefan should not have made Jeremy kill that vampire. He doesn't know alot about Hunters to ensure everyone, that Jeremy would be fine after it. Stefan just might have created a Hunter/Monster that could kill all of them, just because he is jealous of Damon and Elena.

I think Elena being sired by Demon gives her more of a vampire personality.

#15   2012/12/01 12:48AM
    stjarna

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote aerinha: I did like how she stood up to Stefan about what he did to Jeremy and seemed to finally own being a vampire. Of course since her new personality is being attributed to the sire bond, I am sure the writers will cure her of it and ruin her new found strength.

Stefan should not have made Jeremy kill that vampire. He doesn't know alot about Hunters to ensure everyone, that Jeremy would be fine after it. Stefan just might have created a Hunter/Monster that could kill all of them, just because he is jealous of Damon and Elena.

I like that Stefan is ratteling the cage- Jeremy would do great- sure Bonnie will manage to do something there. There needs to be this edge and jeremy as the hunter/monster is cool.

They are all Klaus' "children" or not?!!!!

#16   2012/12/01 05:20AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva:

I like that Stefan is ratteling the cage- Jeremy would do great- sure Bonnie will manage to do something there. There needs to be this edge and jeremy as the hunter/monster is cool.

They are all Klaus' "children" or not?!!!!

If anything that "edge" is interesting.....

#17   2012/12/07 12:59PM
    stjarna

Just don't like Elena as a vampire- really hope she gets turned into human again!

#18   2012/12/07 02:07PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna: Just don't like Elena as a vampire- really hope she gets turned into human again!

I think the writers may keep her a vamp until next year.

Either way I love Elena....

#19   2012/12/12 01:39PM
    WatFan

Vamp or Human... She's the only charater I don't like.

They need to take queues for how they now write Caroline. She's a strong female charater.

For some reason writers anymore think all women want to watch other women be rescued. I miss shows like Buffy & Charmed that had strong female leads.

#20   2012/12/12 05:47PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote WatFan: Vamp or Human... She's the only charater I don't like.

They need to take queues for how they now write Caroline. She's a strong female charater.

For some reason writers anymore think all women want to watch other women be rescued. I miss shows like Buffy & Charmed that had strong female leads.

Good post!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list