List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Vampire Diaries - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Vampire Diaries Forum :: Will Elena and Stefan Get Back Together?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Will Elena and Stefan Get Back Together?

Started by dairymaid at 2012/01/21 09:31AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/21 02:50PM, Views: 8577, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2013/01/11 07:28AM
    Re: Will Elena and Stefan Get Back Together?
    stjarna

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote stjarna:
    Quote stjarna:
    Quote XPac:
    Quote XPac: While it's true that Caroline was with Stefan on that last day, she was in touch with Bonnie. So the same way she knows that Elena was with Damon in the first place is how she might theoretically know that they slept together. Obviously they didn't at that point... but neither Caroline nor Damon know that.

It's really a matter of whether or not they're willing to give Damon the benefit of the doubt. It's a given Caroline wouldn't, and given she's Stefans filter that might be a problem. But I'd like to think Stefan would give Damon the benefit of the doubt under normal circumstances. Though he might be less willing to, since Damon was already caught in a lie.

Hopefully you're right though, and no one will go around accusing Damon of taking advantage of Elena. But I do think it's a possibility if they really wanna generate conflict within the group.

All I know is Stefan is not going to be happy.

No doubt about it.

Still, in a way Stefan KIND OF brought this on himself.

Elena did chose Stefan at the start of the season. But it was Stefan that technically broke up with her. Then when Elena had to move into the Salvatores Stefan decided to move out and essentially leave the now single Elena who he knew had feelings for Damon alone with Damon.

Stefan essentially did everything except gift wrap Elena for Damon.

Hence the thing wit Stefan and Elena this time is done very lame imo. The catering for oth fanbases is not good, imo- the storytelling and proper characterisation falls in the water- no wonder some get underwehlmed.
    Sincerely hope that now this is it with Stefan and Elena.
    No going back to them again in the future.

I hope the writers don't make Stefan and Elena get back. She
    was with Damon, that would be just nasty.

Both Brothers....not good.

which brings me to the point that with Elijah in the picture things could really become super interesting!!!!

I had a feeling that was coming.....lol

#42   2013/01/18 02:40PM
    sharon n nic...

After last night......I don't think so.

#43   2013/01/18 03:57PM
    XPac

Quote sharon n nick 4eva: After last night......I don't think so.

Though I'm not a Stefan/Elena shipper, I do think the sire bond means down the line if/when she is cured there isn't a chance they still might get back together.

Really,I think that's why they did the sire bond in the first place. They can have Damon/Elena and STILL live an opening for Stefan/Elena. It's a plot device to ensure the triangle is still viable regardless of who Elena chooses right now.

#44   2013/01/18 07:52PM
    aerinha

Quote XPac:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva: After last night......I don't think so.

Though I'm not a Stefan/Elena shipper, I do think the sire bond means down the line if/when she is cured there isn't a chance they still might get back together.

Really,I think that's why they did the sire bond in the first place. They can have Damon/Elena and STILL live an opening for Stefan/Elena. It's a plot device to ensure the triangle is still viable regardless of who Elena chooses right now.

I think you're right. Whether she becomes human again or Expression breaks the bond and leaves her a vampire, I think this was to have Elena in love with both for season five. Of course they built a solid base for her to simply fall for Damon while Stefan was the ripper, but chucked it to let her pick Stefan to make her a vampire so she could pick Damin

Sometimes I feel the writers throw darts at a board and the story is whatever the dart lands on, nonsensical or not.

#45   2013/01/19 03:58AM
    XPac

While I fully support Elena being with Damon over Stefan, and I do think they built a solid base for Elena developing strong feelings for Damon during the Ripper Stefan phase, I think that it was still too soon for Elena to choose Damon over Stefan.

Ripper Stefan wasn't around long enough for Elena to really get to that point. I think she did give up on Stefan for like maybe ONE episode at the end of Homecoming... but Stefan was essentially one of the goodguys again maybe 2 episodes later so it really didn't matter.

I think Ripper Stefan would have been around longer and they just tried doing too much in season 3, but that's a whole other complaint.

Either way, in the least I think the whole sire bond thing allows for both Stefan and Damon to essentially be on equal footing when it ends. Hell, Damon might actually end up ahead, depending on what Stefan does with Rebekah.

#46   2013/01/19 06:09AM
    aerinha

They definitely did leave it open for Stelena. After Elena said she wasn't in love with him any more, I thought it was done, but then at the end Stefan is still after the cure to find out how she really feels or he'll go insane. They closed a door, but opened a window with that line.

It's not so much Rebekah sex that would have Stefan behind in the points with me, but Elena (should she turn human) knowing that Stefan's love was conditional. He DIDN'T love her as a vampire. He DID treat her like a broken toy. She tried, although not very hard, to tell him and he dismissed it because he was dead set she couldn't hack it as a vampire and needed to be cured. Which I think he mostly felt becasue he hates being a vampire and didn't like the changes it made in her. Why would she want him back knowing that his love is an "I love you but..."?

Damon loved her either way and let her talk out being a vampire w/o telling she was right to think it awful and making her feel worse about it all. I know he wants the cure to break the bond, but it would be such a better story if he was fighting against the cure so he could keep "his" Elena and have her forever instead. So far the only anti-cure team is Kol's and that's only because he's afraid of SIlas.

#47   2013/01/19 07:46AM
    XPac

Yeah. Even though I'm not certain the triangle will ever completely go away at least until the show is near it's end (because the show essentially is built on it), I do think Stefan lost a LOT of ground here regardless of how things turned out.

I think a point overlooked by a LOT of characters is that Stefan was actually the one that broke up with Elena. If you look at the break up, he's the one that flat out says that he couldn't take it anymore. Elena, even though she was sired, still chose to try and be with him... he walked away.

And that's going to put a very serious chick even in any future relationships they may have. Again, in the least it puts Damon and Stefan on equal footing, whereas prior to this season I think even the hardcore Damon/Elena fans would admit that Stefan was the more likely person for Elena to choose when he wasn't ripper Stefan.

Course, there's still a chance for the writers to have Damon do something which equally sabotages his chances with Elena. Writers do tend to have Damon do that from time to time when things go in his favor. We'll see.

#48   2013/01/19 10:46AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote XPac: Yeah. Even though I'm not certain the triangle will ever completely go away at least until the show is near it's end (because the show essentially is built on it), I do think Stefan lost a LOT of ground here regardless of how things turned out.

I think a point overlooked by a LOT of characters is that Stefan was actually the one that broke up with Elena. If you look at the break up, he's the one that flat out says that he couldn't take it anymore. Elena, even though she was sired, still chose to try and be with him... he walked away.

And that's going to put a very serious chick even in any future relationships they may have. Again, in the least it puts Damon and Stefan on equal footing, whereas prior to this season I think even the hardcore Damon/Elena fans would admit that Stefan was the more likely person for Elena to choose when he wasn't ripper Stefan.

Course, there's still a chance for the writers to have Damon do something which equally sabotages his chances with Elena. Writers do tend to have Damon do that from time to time when things go in his favor. We'll see.

Elena of all people should not be surprise that Damon does something bad, it is some what expected of him.

Yes they did redeem him, but he would not be Damon if he was ALL good.

Like you said they can used that as a way out, for Elena.

#49   2013/01/19 11:07AM
    stjarna

Quote XPac: Yeah. Even though I'm not certain the triangle will ever completely go away at least until the show is near it's end (because the show essentially is built on it), I do think Stefan lost a LOT of ground here regardless of how things turned out.

Elena of all people should not be surprise that Damon does something bad, it is some what expected of him.

Yes they did redeem him, but he would not be Damon if he was ALL good.

Like you said they can used that as a way out, for Elena

Damon is on the redemption trip, imo, but far for being really reedemed!!! He is the bad boy- she will either accept it or not- if she tries to reform him - not gonna happen- cos you either love him or you don't- now will that become an issue with Elena- we know from other shows what happens when you do not see person's true colours?!
    I am not saying she is doing it or will do it- it's a maybe- but we know how Elena really is- she wants things to be correct?! Or maybe I haven't got it right at all?
    These are just some of my musings....
    Whatever happens- no to Stelena again!

#50   2013/01/19 11:09AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote aerinha: They definitely did leave it open for Stelena. After Elena said she wasn't in love with him any more, I thought it was done, but then at the end Stefan is still after the cure to find out how she really feels or he'll go insane. They closed a door, but opened a window with that line.

It's not so much Rebekah sex that would have Stefan behind in the points with me, but Elena (should she turn human) knowing that Stefan's love was conditional. He DIDN'T love her as a vampire. He DID treat her like a broken toy. She tried, although not very hard, to tell him and he dismissed it because he was dead set she couldn't hack it as a vampire and needed to be cured. Which I think he mostly felt becasue he hates being a vampire and didn't like the changes it made in her. Why would she want him back knowing that his love is an "I love you but..."?

Damon loved her either way and let her talk out being a vampire w/o telling she was right to think it awful and making her feel worse about it all. I know he wants the cure to break the bond, but it would be such a better story if he was fighting against the cure so he could keep "his" Elena and have her forever instead. So far the only anti-cure team is Kol's and that's only because he's afraid of SIlas.

They did leave that window open I was thinking that myself.

I don't blame Stefan. I guess he still loves Elena and if there is a chance they can be together again I think he'll take it.

BUT......

Elena made love to Damon so does that MEAN anything to Stefan knowing his brother was with her that way?

That has to bother him, right?

Am I to old fashion to think you don't want your brother to be with your girlfriend in that way.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list