List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Ugly Betty - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Ugly Betty Forum :: Forget the two nerds!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Forget the two nerds!

Started by ria2276 at 2007/02/09 04:21PM
    Latest post: 2007/03/16 11:25AM, Views: 5468, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2007/02/09 04:21PM
    Forget the two nerds!
    ria2276

I think as beautiful as Betty (America Ferrera) is in real life, on the show Daniel should grow feelings of a more personal manner for betty and give her a makover Mode style to make her beautiful on the show so they can fall in love and run mode together of course with the usual battles of making mode highly successful and dodging Whilomena's attepts to sabotage him to gain control! they are funny and compatible and have much potential for a steamy story line.There is more to Daniel than just being McSleezy!

#2   2007/02/12 11:09AM
    Re: Forget the two nerds!
    Chrissi

I really like Daniel but adore Henry and Betty together!!

#3   2007/02/12 12:44PM
    sunnyside915

I so agree with you. I love seeing Henry and Betty togther. The look on Betty's face when Henry told her his old girlfriend was in town and they were going to try and work things out was priceless and heartbreaking all at the same time.

Betty and Henry fan

#4   2007/02/17 10:03AM
    TracyLynn

I think we all know from the spanish version of this show that daniel and betty get together in the end....but i dont want that to happen too quick and then be the kiss of death for the show....so, until a few more seasons go by and it is on its last leg, I would rather them become better friends and keep doing what they are doing.

In the meantime, I love Henry....first of all, Christopher Ghorman is HOT ! and their little nerdy puppy love is cute.

#5   2007/02/17 10:40AM
    CalAggie87

Well, weren't there several Latin America versions, including a Germany and other non-Hispanic versions? I read that though in at least one version that Daniel and Betty got together it was not permanent and that it was not well received by the viewers. I do not think the US version is going to follow that one as closely. From what I heard the gang at those shows' versions of MODE were far nastier, and Daniel was a jerk to Betty for a long time. The US version has the characters more multidimensional, and even the not nice characters like Wil, Marc and Amanda also show signs of not being completely evil. Daniel was mean to Betty the first episode and true he takes advantage of her -- but I get the impression he would even be worse if she were drop dead gorgeous -- Daniel immediately came to appreciate and like her.

I just cannot buy Betty and Daniel, she would have to change too much and I cannot see Daniel ever not being a mantramp. She deserves a man like her father. I think Henry is that man. Afterall he did not seem too happy to reunite with his ex- and he pretty much implied that he went home for Christmas after he thought Betty dumped him (he had called to ask her to watch RUDULPH but Hilda told him she was with Walter) that he started seeing Charlie. I also get the feeling that Charlie was the one to forced herself back into his life, and because he thought Betty was unattainable and because he seems like a nice and not one to be too forceful.

#6   2007/02/17 11:05AM
    TracyLynn

I agree with everything you said. And I posted on another message...I see Henry and Betty as possibly the new Ross/Rachel - you want them together and then things keep getting in the way......I'll wait though, I think it is going to be a fun ride.

#7   2007/02/28 08:18PM
    Shannon

I prefer Betty to be with Henry, but I love the friendship that Daniel and Betty have developed. They can really count on each other.

#8   2007/03/01 10:02PM
    Doll Face

Daniel and Betty get together??!!! Maybe in the Spanish version but I don't see it happening in the American version. Betty is wise beyond her years and Daniel is on par with a 12 year old.

This show would have to have a very long run so that Daniel could metamorph into someone worthy of someone like Betty.

#9   2007/03/16 11:25AM
    Chrissi

I liked DOll Face's outlook on the whole thing.

Quote Shannon: I prefer Betty to be with Henry, but I love the friendship that Daniel and Betty have developed. They can really count on each other.

This is exactly how I feel. It's funny how many want to pair up two people just because they get along or are good for one another in certain ways. Having good friends is just as important as having a boyfriend, in my opinion.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list