A guide for soap lovers in the weeks or days leading up to Halloween:
Visit a pumpkin patch and pick out a few pumpkins, carve them in the likeness of your favorite soap opera actor, drip some fake blood on them and proudly display.
Read old Vampire Diaries recaps. Vampires, witches and werewolves are a staple of Halloween, and Stefan and Damon were always sinister looking when it was time for a snack.
Gather your friends together to watch an old episode of "Days of our Lives" during the possession of Marlena. Find the videos of Marlena's possession on Soaps.com's YouTube page.
Make some delicious Vampire Punch, kick it up a few notches with some vodka or rum and watch Passions reruns on YouTube. Luckily, all episodes are Halloween worthy to get you in the mood.
Read this past Glee October 26 recap and then enjoy the incredible singing and dancing to the Rocky Horror Glee Show in Soaps.com's YouTube playlist.
Read last year's Halloween article, the Scariest soap opera storylines to chill your bones.
Plan a massive Halloween bash and create your costume from scratch. Put your heart, soul and yes, even your blood into it. Make sure you go as your favorite soap opera character.
Most popular costumes:
* Generic 80s soap star - think Krystal Carrington from "Dynasty"
* If you're hot enough, go as one of the "Vampire Diaries'" Salvatore brothers or "Supernatural's" Winchester brothers
* Buffy or the whole crew from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
* Get a leather jacket and spike your hair and boom - you're "GH's" Jason Morgan
* "Grey's Anatomy's" Mc Dreamy in scrubs - zombified
* "Days'" Dr. Marlena Evans possessed
* "B&B's" evil Sheila Carter with horns
* "Scream Queens'" Chanel Oberlin and Chanel Numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5, and the Red Devil
Enjoy a gallery of the 2016 Halloween episodes of all four soaps, "Bold and the Beautiful," "Days of our Lives," "General Hospital," and "Young and the Restless."
Photo credit: Jill Johnson, Howard Wise/JPI
- Christine Fix
Refreshed September 13, 2017.