Passions - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Passions' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Passions: Casting News. Who is recurring?

Wednesday, September 05 2007

Danica Stewart (NBC)
    Although I'm sure that you all know, for those who don't, Passions ends its run on NBC this week with the final episode airing on September the 7th. After that date, the show will be available on DIRECTV beginning on the 17th of September. There are also plans to continue making it available online but not all details have yet to be released.

Now to the casting information. First, if you are interested in who is continuing on contract, please visit our story here. Below, you will find the performers who have opted to stay with the show on recurring basis. This means that they are not guaranteed as much screen time and leaves the actors open to do other work. Many of these actors were already on recurring status so there should be no real change in their screen presence.

* After some speculation that she would be returning to her soap roots on General Hospital, Danica Stewart (Jessica Bennett) has been confirmed to stick around Harmony, perhaps raising the spawn of Spike (Christopher Maleki). And speaking of the Spikeman, soapland's most wonderfully creepy character will be sticking around as well.

* Eve will be feeling lucky that she has Julian...well, maybe, because she will be awfully lonely in the next season. Her step-son Chad (Charles Divins) is deceased and not returning, her husband TC (Rodney Van Johnson) has vanished and her daughters will soon depart. Both Whitney and Simone will be departing from the cast this week. Whitney (Brook Kerr) has left the show following the murder of her estranged husband. Fans of Kerr can see her soon on HBO (story here). Simone will follow suit. Cathy Jeneen Doe was expected to stay until recently but has opted out. Neither part is currently supposed to be recast.

* John Reilly, (Alistair Crane) will also be sticking around to stir up mayhem and keep things moving along at a fast pace. His unstable grandson, Vincent (Phillip Jeanmarie), is also expected to reappear, no doubt complicating the vendettas developing in the final week. Also on the dark side, or near it, you can expect to see Nicole Cox (Endora) continuing her mischief.

* Daniel Chalfa will also be joining the cast as Marty, who will now be six years old. This shall, no doubt, cause problems for Luis and Fancy. Meanwhile, after an alluring offer from another network, original cast member Galen Gering (Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald) reiterated his commitment to the show, promising his fans that he won't be going anywhere. (He is still on contract.) Andrea Evans (Rebecca Hotchkiss) was also rumored to return to her previous role on OLTL but has opted to stay with , Passions on recurring.

Posted by Lasha at Wednesday, September 05 2007 12:55 PM

I'm glad that some of them will be staying, but I will sure miss, Chad,Whiteny and Simone.

Posted by Brittany Nikole Mielke at Wednesday, September 05 2007 02:30 PM

So why is passions moving to directtv I dont get it!! What channel will it be on? And how many more people will be leaving the show cause it seems like everyday more and more people are leaving!!!

Brittany Mielke

Posted by sunnyshadow at Thursday, September 06 2007 06:55 AM

Will updates from Passions still be posted here? I have been upset with the writers at times, but I really do like the actors and actresses and some of the story lines.

Posted by LILWANYESOAPSLOVER at Saturday, September 08 2007 01:45 PM

I'm gald vincent will still be on.

Posted by Carole_ Anne at Sunday, September 09 2007 02:05 PM

Hi my name is Carole_Anne Parsons and I was Wondering why Global and NBC have taken Passions of there station and if it will be available to people who don"t have Direct TV
    I certainly hope so because I watch the every week day since it started in 1999

Posted by beautifullady at Sunday, September 09 2007 07:04 PM

i hope that they put passions online for those of us who do not and do not want direct tv. i have been watching passions b4 i even became a teenager so i hope they think of the other fans that are not direct tv customers

Posted by musiclover620 at Sunday, September 09 2007 08:04 PM

It is sad to see Passions go off. I have watch the show from day one. I saw actors/actresses come and go. There has to be some way for those of us who don't have DTV to watch it on the internet. A lot of the characters will be missed, but I also would like to see where the remaining characters continue. Also the schedule for the show should be posted for those who can watch so they can keep us posted.

L. Pizarro

Posted by TabbyLove17 at Monday, September 10 2007 02:56 PM

That is good news! I hope that we find out soon where we can catch up on the net cause I love Passions, but I'mnot allowed to get Direct at my apartment complex.
    Thanks for the update.
    Tabbylove17

Posted by badgirl99 at Monday, September 10 2007 04:36 PM

I am Kim and live in Ontario and have watched Passions from the time it first started..I am very upset that I will not be able to still see my show..There are things that we have not seen the end of and now will never see..That sucks..Please start showing it in Canada again

Posted by funnygirl26 at Monday, September 10 2007 05:44 PM

Will the show be on Cable tv? or just Direct tv?