Passions - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Passions' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Passions Will Live On!

Wednesday, April 25 2007

(NBC)
    Passions fans can rejoice! The powers that be have heard your voices and our favorite show has just been saved. The show will live on for at least another year on DIRECTV. Eric Shanks, the executive vice president of Entertainment for DIRECTV, has stated that, 'Passions fans no longer need to mourn the demise of their beloved program as it has found new life on DIRECTV.' Citing the passionate support of more than 2 million fans, and daytime's largest and most consistently growing audience of 12-24 year olds, Shanks went on to assure them that: 'We care about this show and are extremely proud to give it an exclusive home here at DIRECTV.'

The show has just been added to DIRECTV's The 101 Lineup. It is the first scripted show that they have added to their innovative and exciting new media format. The new episodes will continue to be produced by NBC Universal Television Studio and Outpost and will air in the same 2:00 pm time slot that the show now occupies. In addition, the episodes will be re-aired in a special marathon session every weekend. The only major change announced so far is that the show will now air new episodes from Monday to Thursday only rather than through the entire work week.

For those who are wondering, this means that the September7th end run of Passions on NBC will be a cliffhanger. The producers of the show are already promising to keep many strands of the show wide open so that they can be instantly rejoined when the show makes its move to DIRECTV on September 17th. New episodes shall go into production in August with the majority of the cast and crew expected to continue with the show. (We will post more details on who will be returning as the information becomes available).

Worried that you won't be able to watch because you don't have DIRECTV? Well, it may not be as difficult as you imagine. Knowing that the majority of their prospective audience does not have DIRECTV, the company has begun offering free installation, a DVR or HD receiver upgrade and a portable DVD player for new subscribers. If you're interested in this special offer, you can call 866-788-0003 or visit this link.

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Wednesday, April 25 2007 01:17 PM

YAY!! This is great news!

Posted by clanw at Wednesday, April 25 2007 03:13 PM

I just marked September 17th on my calender.

Posted by 3Kay at Wednesday, April 25 2007 04:55 PM

well im happy passions was saved but i wont be able to watch it because i dont have direct tv, many others do not have it either so what are you going to do about...... now im even mader why cant you put it on another channel like channel 7 or something

Posted by BEBO at Wednesday, April 25 2007 05:05 PM

I LOVE THE IDEAL THAT PASSIONS WAS SAVED. BUT HOW EVER I HATE IT THAT THEY CAN'T FIND A BETTER PLACE TO PUT IT RATHER THAN DIRECTTV. I DON'T HAVE IT NOR DO I WANT IT.I HAVE BEEN WATCHING PASSIONS SINCE IT FIRST AIRED IN 1999. AND I THINK IT SUCKS THAT THEY COULD'NT PUT IT ON ANY OTHER CHANNEL. OTHER THAN DIRECTTV.I HOPE THAT NBC LOSES THERE BUTT ON PUTTING THE TODAY SHOW ON FOR 4 HOURS.

Posted by kitten_2008 at Wednesday, April 25 2007 05:25 PM

will they still post on soaps.com and sopacentral

Posted by MIRAGE at Wednesday, April 25 2007 06:25 PM

I HOPE THAT PASSIONS FIND NEW WRITERS. THE PLOTS GO ON FOREVER. NOTHING EVER GETS TO THE POINT, AND MOVE ON LIKE THE OTHER SOAPS. COME ON YOU LAZY WRITER A 12-24 YEAR CAN WRITE BETTER PLOTS.I WISH DIRECTV LUCK. MIRAGE

Posted by SamiBrady_Chelsea at Wednesday, April 25 2007 07:50 PM

That's a good question Kitten, I'm sure that they still will!

Posted by barbie13js at Thursday, April 26 2007 12:54 AM

This is the only soap I watch & once maybe a week I'll watch Days

Posted by noelia at Thursday, April 26 2007 07:45 AM

I'm glad. I don't see why its coming off of NBC in the first place. We DO NOT need another hour of the news. As for going to DirecTV, this is good news. I have DirecTV and love it.

Posted by Kat2007 at Thursday, April 26 2007 08:26 AM

I don't have Directv either... how are we suppose to watch passions... maybe they should try to get soapnet to air the episodes likes all the others... at least that way we could still see it... what do you think...

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page: