Passions - NEWS ROOM

In our 'Passions' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

The Future of Passions

Tuesday, January 02 2007

(Soaps.com)
    This month, executives at NBC are set to make a decision which could affect the future of Passions. Insiders have stated that the network has the strong intention to add a fourth hour to the Today Show, a move which, it is believed, would effectively bump Passions off of the air. The network is still reviewing the possibilities with their affiliate stations and has reportedly interviewed people to appear as hosts for the expanded show. While the Today Show has frequently been the top rated morning show, it often fails to compete in the programming that follows it. There have been attempts to expand it in the past, but these have failed. However, the third hour that was added to the show recently has been successful with affiliates because it is so cheap and, since it provides less content, provides extra airtime to sell advertising space. Rumors of adding a fourth hour began to circulate in August and should be decided by the end of this month. If plans go ahead, it could start airing as early as September. Passions is set for renewal review at the end of July, so the time would be right if the network decides to end it, continue it or give it a grace period to tie things up.

Posted by Texasangel at Tuesday, January 02 2007 03:12 PM

Who cares? Certainly not me. When NBC tooik Another World off - after MUCH letter writing and online begging by lots of fans and then replaced it with Passions, I decided not to care what the Powers that be do with the shows. No matter what fans think or feel they will always do what the think will bring in the most money. the viewing public doesn't really matter during the day.
    Texas anagel

Posted by moma at Tuesday, January 02 2007 10:59 PM

Iwatched Another World EVERY EVERY EVERY DAY for 30 years.... Ibought one of the first vcrs to tape it !!!Yes I would like that back too!!!
    Ilove Days; however... I miss some episodes NEVER MISSED ONE OF ANOTHERWORLD...Where did that get us??
    Passions is kinda goofy for me and really dragging on with the Ethan / Theresa storyline; I'm bored with that.
    I'm retired now and would welcome fresh story-telling; Passions doesn't follow through for me.
    I'm disappointed too because all the other soaps in this time slot I watched too and enjoyed so there is a market; Get some good writers in there and SAVE THIS ONE!!!!

Posted by Ptrcmcc8 at Wednesday, January 03 2007 03:51 AM

The Morning Show is long enough. Find another solution - Passions is more entertaining since Katie left.

Posted by BethyR at Wednesday, January 03 2007 08:20 AM

Leave Passions Alone!!Don't take away another soap that I love!The only thing about the today show is that it's boring,and adding another hour is just wrong.I'm a stay at home mom, and Passions and Days are my break time, while the little on naps.Please, Please let us keep our Passions alive!!

Posted by Hotchocolate at Wednesday, January 03 2007 08:26 AM

I love passions,but yes the story lines drag a little to long but thats what make it interesting.I too use to watch another world and I watch days but if this happens where they go off the air I will turn my tv off at 2:oo or start watching channel seven all my children or one life to live which ever comes on after days.

I don't know why the show can't air after passions go off.

Posted by Jillybee at Wednesday, January 03 2007 09:29 AM

The reason why this story is rated so low is because thye have stupid writer that drag storylines out for 7 years. If the writers woudl speed thing up and get new stories then this soap would have a fighting chance. NBC also made a stupid decision when they took Santa Barbara and Another World off the air. Just reveal the secrets and then take it off the air. At least we have DOOL for now!

Posted by jamie.m at Wednesday, January 03 2007 09:34 AM

I really would hate to see the show go I obsess over being home in time just to watch it.

Posted by jamie.m at Wednesday, January 03 2007 09:34 AM

Posted by lacollins26 at Wednesday, January 03 2007 10:00 AM

Well not that I'm suprised. When it's good people tune in and when it's bad they don't. Unfortunately it's more bad then good, I used to hate missing a day or 2 but when I watch again I realize that I never miss anything. Dialogue is repetative, secrets are mounting and without writers that give a payoff once in a wahile no one is going to watch. I love passions and I've watched it from the start but lately it has just been an hour of the same every day. So if they do cancel it then I guess maybe they wil find JT's drive and publish the last edition of Daily Private Lives and then we will finally see what they've kept us in suspense for years over

Posted by sandee1977 at Wednesday, January 03 2007 10:16 AM

I read somewhere that the reason Passions is dragged out is because they had a huge budget cut....so they had to drag out the episodes. Sometimes I cant stand passions. But I love some of the characters and it will kill me to see some of them lose their job.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page: